The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:07 am

I'm sure I'm not the only one here on the Nation that is in the process of learning, or knows how to play a musical instrument. So I'm creating this thread for a chance to people to share their music. If you use like Sound Cloud or anything, or have a Youtube account, please feel free to link others to your music so we can all enjoy what you've played or written. I'm not good enough at guitar to play anything as of right now, but hopefully in the future I'll have some covers and original music of my own to share with you all.

Here's looking forward to see what the Musicians of the Sixth Nation have to share!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:23 am

i sold my drum set a few months ago .... this makes me sad lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:40 pm

Man that sucks! Well I guess you should just start saving up again and buy something better than what you sold? lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LT_Crispy
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
i sold my drum set a few months ago .... this makes me sad lol
Sold and it made you sad.. so why?!?!

I'm slowly in process of learning drums. Using a practice pad thing, and real close buddy of mine is helping me out. Shows me how to do certain things on his drum set at his house.

I have no room for a set at my appartment :/.... But that doesn't me, ill figure out a way!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:56 pm

Have you considered getting an Electronic Drum Kit Crispy? They take up like half the space, and can be played at low volume due to being plugged into an amplifier. You can also plug some headphones into the amp.

I'm learning guitar myself, even though I first got my guitar about 5 years ago, I'm getting back into it and can play some simple things. It's going to take a lot of hard work, but it'll be worth it in the long run.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:02 pm

i couldnt set it up in my apartment so there was no way of me really being able to use it. i plan on getting a electronic one so i can use head phones well i play but its going to be awhile until i am able to get one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:04 pm

Yeah, those electric kits can be quite pricey. One of my friends got one recently and even splitting the cost with one of his friends (they rent a place where they go practice) it was still close to $700 (total) that they spent on the kit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LT_Crispy
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:16 pm

Yea I actually took a quick glance at a set. I figured ill take a more serious look when i get better. And have a better idea of what I'm doing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:28 am

I made up my own piano piece to go with Ed Sheerans song Sunburn.. because I'm obsessed with that song Embarassed
Its super simple, but its the first thing I've ever been able to play... one day I'll have the courage to record me playing and singing to it... Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:33 am

You don't have to show your face, you can just have the camera pointed at the piano keys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KinkyCrispy
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:19 am

street you know anything about guitar strings?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo_337
14th Nation

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:19 am

I do, bro... Wassup? Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KinkyCrispy
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Leo_Ho_Ho wrote:
I do, bro... Wassup? Very Happy= :D
well i have a Fender Stratocaster electric guitar, and i broke my E String last night. I need to replace it and these strings are so old i figure i should replace them all...

but its been so long that i dont remember what kind of strings to get

any idea? or tips?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kidchimera00
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 14

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:44 pm

I was pretty good on my cousins drum set, but I haven't touched them in months so who knows. The only reason I think I could play them is because they're probably the easiest instrument to learn.

Also, I've written the lyrics to a song or two if you guys want to know them, but I can't write sheet music. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KinkyCrispy
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:03 pm

I was pretty good on my cousins drum set, but I haven't touched them in months so who knows. The only reason I think I could play them is because they're probably the easiest instrument to learn.

Also, I've written the lyrics to a song or two if you guys want to know them, but I can't write sheet music. Embarassed
easiest?

you have to keep a separate beat with your feet from your hands
o.O
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kidchimera00
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:07 pm

easiest?

you have to keep a separate beat with your feet from your hands
o.O

That's hard for others? It's kinda natural for me. To be honest, the hardest part was my left arm couldn't move as fast as my right, so drumrolls were a bit difficult.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KinkyCrispy
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:10 pm

idk i just found it weird or more difficult. this bad example but like

you4r hands are doing like snare, tom, snare, crash, crash, snare, crash, crash, etc.
your feet. Bass, bass, cymbal, bass, cymbal, cymbal, bass

and time both correctly. Head explodes, haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo_337
14th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:21 am

True dat with the head explodey thing.. I have the utmost respect for drummers, despite all the jokes that go around about them. Laughing

Try looking for these, Crispy.. Out and out the best strings on the market and a nice easy to play set of thicknesses, not too hard on the fingers yet should stay in tune quite well. Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

D'addario EXL110 Nickel Wound, Regular Light, 10-46
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KinkyCrispy
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:12 am

Leo_Ho_Ho wrote:
True dat with the head explodey thing.. I have the utmost respect for drummers, despite all the jokes that go around about them. Laughing

Try looking for these, Crispy.. Out and out the best strings on the market and a nice easy to play set of thicknesses, not too hard on the fingers yet should stay in tune quite well. Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

D'addario EXL110 Nickel Wound, Regular Light, 10-46
Alright sweet. I'll try and see if a local store carries them. Or something close to it if I can't find it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kidchimera00
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:38 pm

you4r hands are doing like snare, tom, snare, crash, crash, snare, crash, crash, etc.

My cousin's drum set had only the bass and not the cymbals for some reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KinkyCrispy
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:37 pm

did he have a double bass or a two pedal for one bass?

my friends set has one bass and one (foot) cymbol. But has it set up as, cymbol pedal, bass pedal, bass pedal. So he can double tap the bass
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:19 am

when i used double bass pedals i would loosen the top symbol on the hi hat so i could focus a little more on doing the double bass

if your looking to get practice in with your feet try doing paradiddle diddles right left right right left left
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KinkyCrispy
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:57 am

restrung the guitar n cleaned it up before i put the new ones on.

It's so purrttyy so happy to be able to play again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo_337
14th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:20 am

Don't forget to stretch them in by pulling them about an inch away from the fingerboard at the twelfth fret. Makes them so much more stable when you tune up. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kidchimera00
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:27 pm

did he have a double bass or a two pedal for one bass?

my friends set has one bass and one (foot) cymbol. But has it set up as, cymbol pedal, bass pedal, bass pedal. So he can double tap the bass

Two pedals, one bass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread   

Back to top Go down

Musicians of the Sixth Nation Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat :: Music-
Jump to: