Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Hitman Absolution

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

Hitman Absolution Empty
PostSubject: Hitman Absolution   Hitman Absolution EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 5:01 pm

I'm surprised that there's no thread for this game. Also, to those who have played this game and don't feel like it is a shooter please suggest a better sub-forum and/or let a mod know. The only other place I can think of for this thread is Action/Adventure and I really don't think this game is very actiony (that's a word now).

Okay, I caved in and got this game because AC3 left me sorely wanting in the stealth department and I have to say boy does this game deliver on stealth. I actually found myself at one point saying "Ughh, enough stealth! I just wanna blow stuff away!", probably from all the Borderlands 2 I've been playing. The only thing I wish this game had was tapping on walls to lure guards similar to MGS4 (which can be faked by sprinting at the wall of your choosing as long as you don't mind standing up). I can finally say I have found a stealth game that rewards thinking outside the box and really has game mechanics that make sense for the world you're in.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

Hitman Absolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hitman Absolution   Hitman Absolution EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:24 pm

Sounds to me like you should try dishonored. It is very heavy on the stealth, but also allows for a more direct approach.

I haven't picked up hitman though. picked up farcry 3 instead. which also has some really good stealth systems in it.

kinda surprised there isn't a stealth section, like there is for survival
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

Hitman Absolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hitman Absolution   Hitman Absolution EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 7:40 pm

The direct approach is near suicide in this game. Health regens really slowly and you take damage pretty quickly when being shot, and this is on normal. There are 3 more difficulties above normal...
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Hitman Absolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hitman Absolution   Hitman Absolution EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 4:10 am

It has a good challenge factor. It does not reward full blown direct approach, and if you kill someone none target it does show you a big red minus number of disapproval as your score goes down. It punishes the direct route.

That said you can still go blast the hell out of entire levels if it comes to it, just gotta be good on your feet.
Back to top Go down

Hitman Absolution

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sixth Nation Gaming :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Shooters-
Jump to: