The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

The Dream Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:13 am

I had a dream last night that my work was completely different. Like it was next to a forest and stuff. And my supervisor was telling ppl because a black bear was carrying a human baby around out in the forest. So he grabbed my text book from college and started lecturing coworkers. And then out of the blue i start making chocolate chip cookies... in the middle of the sales floor. Only i stacked like 8 cookies on top of each other and they came out separate cookies.. yea right. And then a squirrel stole a cookie and ran away. Then i woke up.. nyquil f**** up your dreams since its invention
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:16 am

I gotta get me some of that Nyquil.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:50 am

I had a weird dream about I had my own place with this girl (I have no idea who she was, I didn't recognize her from anywhere) and the place needed recarpetting and my coworkers did that. They did a bad job though because it was curling up in a corner.

I can't remember anything after that other than it was really, really weird.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gregor
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:49 pm

I had a dream last night where I played the last level of Grimsby on Fall of Man from start to finish...Oh lord. Lmao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:04 pm

I decided I had played too much Sonic on GBA when I was playing whole levels in my dreams. I pretty much stopped playing that game after that as it kind of freaked me out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gregor
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:48 pm

Azira wrote:
I decided I had played too much Sonic on GBA when I was playing whole levels in my dreams. I pretty much stopped playing that game after that as it kind of freaked me out.

I haven't even played Fall of Man in months. ;_; I...I just don't know anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Death Kitty!
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : -10

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:28 am

I was just dreaming I was in a catfight with my sister, was calling her crazy and trying to force feed her placebos. That's a new one, huh? xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jolli
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:43 am

I've had these f**** up dreams recur about 5 times throughout 10 years and it goes like this:

I'm in a small room, there is a TV in the middle of it with buzzing static on the screen. Around it is tons of plastic sheets, white and see through with some wires coming out of the ceiling. there is a light next to the TV, and it illuminates almost all of the room except a doorway which is pitch black. There are two people next me, sitting all with stressed look on their face, there is a constant feeling of dread while we sit there. All of a sudden we stand up, the static starts buzzing even more. One of the people says "what ever you do don't scream" but I can't help it, in the dream I automatically scream. A demon looking face comes out of the TV with the most demonic ghoulish sounding screech, and I start to float up helpless.

Then I realize I'm in a room, stickers every where, there are people but I can't see their face. there is only a light hue around me that illuminates the room. I'm trying to find the way out, when I see a hole, I can't help it, and I go down. in the while is nothing... just endless stickers as far as the light around me reaches, I hear a scratch and a dark figure jumps at me and I'm upstairs in the same room, people without faces a thumping music, I go down the hole again. can't stop it until I finally break the pattern, I find a door, rip the stickers off as fast as I can,
like something was after me. The people don't react, they just sit or stand, I look around and see that they don't have faces. There is only a soft surface almost like they are in the dark and you can't make out the features of the face.

I finally get the door open, and I'm greeted by a long corridor, and at the end of it a dark figure. it moves towards me in a sporadic and terrifying manor it screaming and howling. I can't get away, I can't even look away, I stand the frozen a dark corridor looking at this figure, inching its way towards me... Only thing I can make out is a long open mouth and two eye... it keeps howling. the feeling of dread and imminent fear is almost too much to bare. then suddenly I can move, the first thing I do is turn around and there the figure is standing in front of me howling and a loud noise overtakes me and I wake up.

this is most of what I remember, all of those four dreams were slightly different but had the same premise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:49 am

Hide Your description scared the bejeezus outta me Jolli!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jolli
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:54 am

I'm sorry... I have a really vivid f**** up imagination...
I've got one more dream which is the first one I've ever woken up too, sweating and breathing heavily and not being able to fall asleep... might write it down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:00 am

Jolli -
Paying attention to small details, who are these 2 people who are experiencing this with you?
Random? Or do you actually know them?

I won't go into details about it, but the nightmare I had last night was without doubt the most scariest and hurtful one I have ever had.
I told Six this morning that I was thinking about getting some sleeping pills. The harder I sleep, the less likely I am to dream. And I can not keep going on like this.. I can't. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jolli
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:01 am

Cel wrote:
Jolli -
Paying attention to small details, who are these 2 people who are experiencing this with you?
Random? Or do you actually know them?

I won't go into details about it, but the nightmare I had last night was without doubt the most scariest and hurtful one I have ever had.
I told Six this morning that I was thinking about getting some sleeping pills. The harder I sleep, the less likely I am to dream. And I can not keep going on like this.. I can't. Sad
Can't really remember, but they weren't Important. Randoms.

Also I've had those kinds of dreams, its best too just ignore them and hope the next one is better Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Death Kitty!
Fourth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:08 am

I can look into it if you want... Dream interpretation requires work... I's tired. ~_~
Feels like someone hit my in the back of the neck with a rake or something... I'll look into it later, if you like. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Death Kitty!
Fourth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:51 pm

I must have really tired myself out yesterday... Slept for 12 hours. I must be pretty relaxed lately too cause I usually have nightmares rather than dreams, but no nightmares lately.

So I was dreaming I was making my way off a coach bus with a bunch of other people and then I realized I was at catfish lake, I'm not sure that's the real name of the place but it is a real place, it's a village by a big murky lake in the ass end of nowhere with only like 5 families living there. It's also really far from civilization, takes like 4-5 hours to get there. (I've been there before)

So people are unloading their luggage and I realize and say aloud "f***... I'm so unprepared... I didn't bring any extra clothes or soap/cosmetics or pots/pans or anything at all!" and then somebody tells me "There's a general store near the lodges" "Oh yeah, I forgot about that, thanks!" Went there, bought a 2 ugly plad shirts and a pair of blue jeans. Went to the checkout and it costs me like $35 for just that stuff. The thing I like about general stores in the middle of nowehere is that when it comes to food, you can only buy canned stuff or fresh fish/venison/bear steaks. You can sell that kind of stuff to them to make money too.

-You can get crappy clothes for cheaper than that right? I don't really know, I dress to impress, seemed pricey to me. Then again a pair of my jeans are like $45 bucks at the least.-

I knew if you don't have money to spend there you better hope you can catch some fish or kill a deer or something or else you're not eating until the bus comes back like a week later. I only had $40 on me and asked the clerk if there was an ATM in town. He tells me there's one in the "common area". I went to the lodge first and had a shower and got changed, the lodge is the biggest structure there. It consists of 3 very large open rooms. The sleeping area is basically a bunch of uncomfortable triple bunks, the shower area is communal, there isn't any separation between males and females... It's like a shower at a public pool for both genders. I was alone when I showered though. Then there's a kitchen area, lots of tables and ovens. People often share food there if they killed a deer because you can't take anything back with you on the bus. the people that live there have their own houses though, the lodge is just for tourists.

So I go to the common area, it's also a large building. When you walk in there is immediately a bar with an ATM, and two restaurants separated by walls from the bar and each other. Got some cash and decided I was hungry. One restaurant basically just serves traditionally prepared venison, bear and fish. (I tried that one IRL) In my dream I was checking out the two places from the bar with a lot of other people, and I said "I bet the food in that one is better" -points to an Asian themed place- So I went in there and the majority of the tourists followed me in. I sat down and got served almost right away. It was basically all the same food as the other place, just done up Asian style. Catfish cakes, dumplings, venison chow-mien. I was feeling thirsty so I got up and checked the menu board thing behind the counter, realized what was brought to me was going to cost $40, and I didn't get much quantity wise. Although the quality was good I was still pretty hungry. I looked and there was a "Things that support our town" portion of the menu board, it was basically things you could buy anywhere in a city, accept much more expensive. -Can of pop = $3.00- That whole place is pricey because it's hard to keep running without money, and they can charge more because you have nowhere to go for a week. I bought a can of pop and went back to my table, and some guy points at the last three chunks of venison in my chow mien. "You gonna eat those?" "Ye..." -guy eats them all- "What the f***? That was mine you dick!" So I sat down, feeling shitty and poking at the rest of my noodles with my chop sticks.

Then I woke up, I was so relived I wasn't really there. Idk about other people, but I can never tell a dream from reality. If I get hurt, I feel pain, if I'm hungry I feel hungry, if I eat food I taste it. Thing about that dream though is though it exists I never tried the Asian food there, so I have no idea what they serve IRL.

I am soooooo glad I'm nice and comfortable in my home right now!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:57 pm

I've had a few awesome nights of sleep. I was dreaming about something last night but I can't remember what it was about.

Few nights ago though someone was saying he was going to be in town and he was arriving at YVR (Vancouver Internation Airport) and wanted to know how to get to one of the nearby cities. I was all like "Dude, you go right by me to get there and it's not that far away. I'll pick you up and take you there."

And there wasn't really anything else, or I can't remember it. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Death Kitty!
Fourth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:04 pm

I just had an INTENSE dream! I only wish I didn't wake up before it was over, I did look up the meaning of a lot of key points, and my subconscious is obviously sending me a clear message now that I know what everything means.

Alright I was dreaming I was a vampire in some old underground crypt preparing for my initiation into a powerful cult of vampires. However there were only two members, one male, one female. The female was called Nasarine (Red speech), she was the leader. The guy was called Vincent (Blue speech) sort of her vassal or something. So I'm in a large open area, Nasarine asks me to select a weapon from a rack. It's got lots of melee weapons, a variety or swords axes and maces. I examine all my choices carefully before I choose a Scottish claymore. (My favorite kind of sword)

The two other vamps are sitting up high on thrones, I'm in a box roomed arena... It's almost like a Roman colosseum just a square shaped instead.
"Are you ready to begin? The initiation ends when either you or your opponent is dead."
"I'm ready! Bring it on!"
"Very well" -pulls lever-

-large box falls into the room opposite of me, it opens to reveal a werewolf much larger than myself- I ready my sword, hold it out in front of myself pointing up and frowards. The werewolf charges me, I try to stab it in the gut, but it dodges my attack and smacks me hard, I get sent flying into a wall but don't drop my sword. "...Ow" "laughter" "I'm not finished yet!" -gets back up- The wolf charges me again and goes for another swing at me, but i block it with my sword, and slash the beast across the chest. I jump to the side and stab it in the ribs, and pull my sword out. the wolf isn't finished with just that, it swings at me again and I block the attack, but I get knocked on my ass. It jumps on me and holds my arms in place, so I kick it the junk (lol) and manage to get free, pick up my sword and chop it's left arm off. I jump away and get my sword ready. The Werewolf gets back up with it's right arm and lunges at me again. It swings at me and I attempt to block it, I deflect it's attack but my sword and it gets knocked aside, though I'm still holding it in my right hand I'm vulnerable. The wolf grabs me by the shoulder and tries to bite me in the neck, but I am able to shove my sword through the bottom of it's jaw and through it's head. It's finally dead, just on time too! It wasn't looking so good for me at the point. I pull out my sword and bow to my audiance.
-claps- "Bravo, bravo!"
"I haven't had a challenging fight like that for a long time!"
-looking disappointed- "You're not finished yet!"
"Huh? I won..."
"Barely, I think you need a more impressive opponent... Vincent! Release the other one."
"Very well mistress..." -pulls second lever-

-Another much larger box lands in the arena, a giant werewolf wearing armor and wielding massive scimitar like sword with "teeth" on it's blade rushes out and roars at me-

O_o "Oh f*** no...." -Gets ready to block the wolf's sword coming down on me- It's sword snaps mine in half and I jump out of the way instinctively. The Wolf's sword misses me and gets imbedded into the floor right beside me. I look at my broken blade. O_O -Throws the broken sword at the wolf's face- I jump across the room to the weapon rack and without thinking grab a f**** enormous solid steel battleaxe. The wolf Get's it's sword out of the concrete and face me, walking at me slowly. It brings it's sword down again and I catch it between the two axeheads and move the sword away from me, the wolf still has it in it's hand though. The wolf backhands me with the hand I knocked loose of it's sword and I go flying into a wall, I drop my axe. My vision is blurry and I'm in a daze, eventually I make out the hazy figure of the wolf about to split me down the middle. I come to and roll out of the way just in time. The wolf's sword is stuck in the floor again, I pick up my axe and chop it's head off.

-claps-
"b!t_h!" :3 -throws axe away- "I win right?"
-Looking slightly pissed off- "Yes, yes a very impressive display of skill. You pass the initiation."
"AW YEA BOI! I'm teh sauce!"
"The sauce?"
"We'll meet you in dining area, you still have to fill out a full battle report"
"Aw really? There's only three of us we all..."
"SILENCE! I'm in charge and you will do as I tell you to!"
"Affirmative!" -salutes-

-In the dining room, I fill out forms while the other two whisper about me-

-Pretends not hear them, filling out the forms at a large wooden table. My back is to Nasarine and Vince-
"Well I must say I am very surprised at the outcome of the initiation here today"
"Shes amazing! I think I'm in love with her!"
"Shes... Too pretty. I don't like her"
-speaks up- "So... Kitty, that's what your called right? Have you read any good Kurt Vonnegut books lately?
-looks over shoulder- "How did you know I like Kurt Vonnegut?"
"I wouldn't be a very good leader if I didn't know everything about potential members before initiation."
"Fair enough"
"Here" -hands me a goblet of blood- "You must be feeling drained, drink up"
-looks at the blood, swirls it around a bit, drinks it-

-blacks out-
-wakes up in a forest just after the sun has risen-
"Oooh... My head..."
-Standing over me- "Sorry love, but nobody is supposed to pass the initiation. Nasarine uses it as a way to kill other vampires. If the vampire population become too large humans would surely take notice of our exsistance. However Nasarine says you can still join our group if you can pass one more test"
"THIS IS BULLSHIT!" D:<
"There's a school for Korean immigrants down this pathway, they'll be doing exercises that teach them how to write in English today, a clue that reveals our true hideout will be one of the answers in the exercise. You're looking for a word or phrase that starts with M, that's all I can tell you." -vanishes-

-sigh- -calls friends Jasmine- "Can you meet me at the Korean school?" "Where is it?" "Near the college, just outside lizard park" "Ok, I got your back slut! Cya soon!"

-Meets up with J, she seems to be unaware of my vamparism- "Ok, we have to go inside and look for any words or phrases that start with M" "Why?" "I'm doing like... A test, just bear with me here" So we go in and check every classroom, at first everything is in Korean but eventually we see kids translating. We write down all the M words and phrases. "None of these are what I'm looking for... Can I see what you wrote down?" "Sure" -looks over J's list- "..... Mechanical pully! That has to be it! There's one of those deep in the woods! I'll see you later ok?" "Where are you going?" "I have some... Private business to attend to, I'll catch up with you later ok?" -kisses J on the cheek-

-wakes up- "Damnit... that was a cool dream..." I think I might write the rest of it myself and make a book. Razz
Naturally a dream like that makes me want to do some research about what it could mean, I'll take out any information that doesn't apply to me, so here's what I got:

Vampire:
It may depict someone in your waking life whose charm may ultimately prove harmful. Deep down inside, you know that this person is bad for you, yet you are still drawn to him or her. Vampires also sometimes relate to decisions about sex. The vampire may also be symbolic of someone who is addicted to drugs or someone in an obsessive relationship.

To dream that you are a vampire signifies that you are sucking in the life energy of others for your own selfish benefit.

Werewolf:
To see a werewolf in your dream indicates that something in your life is not what it seems.It is symbolic of fear, repressed anger, and uncontrollable violence.

Fighting:
If you are fighting to the death, then it refers to your refusal to acknowledge some waking conflict or inner turmoil. You are unwilling to change your old attitudes and habits.

Riddle: (There's nothing specific for puzzle)
To dream that you are trying to solve a riddle suggests that your patience is being put to the test in some waking situation. Alternatively, the dream indicates that you are intentionally being cryptic about your true feelings or intentions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:12 am

Just had the worst nightmare that at a stoplight a serial killer forced himself and a blonde chick in my car. Then began to bark directions at me to drive. I had only 1/8th of a tank so we had to stop and get gas then me and blonde chick got away cuz there were cops at the gas station. Then we got put into protective custody 4 hour drive away but he found us and managed to get us from the cops. Then he held a knife to blonde chicks throat and told her to cook him dinner. She did he had 2 bites then slit her throat. He then told me to do better. So i asked him what he wanted. Ham and potatoes in a breakfast style meal. Then i cut up potatoes green pepper and onion and cooked them up in a pan then added cut up ham salt and pepper (this is my favorite breakfast) then i made him eggs scrambled with cheese and put some bread in the toaster. He was about to taste the food when i realized i was dreaming and forced myself awake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:02 am

iRideAPalmer wrote:
Just had the worst nightmare that at a stoplight a serial killer forced himself and a blonde chick in my car. Then began to bark directions at me to drive. I had only 1/8th of a tank so we had to stop and get gas then me and blonde chick got away cuz there were cops at the gas station. Then we got put into protective custody 4 hour drive away but he found us and managed to get us from the cops. Then he held a knife to blonde chicks throat and told her to cook him dinner. She did he had 2 bites then slit her throat. He then told me to do better. So i asked him what he wanted. Ham and potatoes in a breakfast style meal. Then i cut up potatoes green pepper and onion and cooked them up in a pan then added cut up ham salt and pepper (this is my favorite breakfast) then i made him eggs scrambled with cheese and put some bread in the toaster. He was about to taste the food when i realized i was dreaming and forced myself awake.
That is freaky! Shocked
Did you recognize blondie?
Also.. Now I'm hungry. But I'll get it myself thank you. Wink

So I have to ask.. How do you wake yourself up?
I can never do that. Thinking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:51 am

No i did not recognize her or the serial killer. I'm a lucid dreamer most of the time so i typically know im dreaming or figure it out later in the dream. I normally can change the dream i believe thats how we got away. But i couldn't change it like normal last night so i kept thinking "wake up" over and over until i did
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jolli
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:57 am

Here is what I usually do to wake up; I close my eyes in the dream, hold my breath and count to five... I always wake up, learned that from my mom when I woke up to a nightmare once.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:50 am

Have you guys ever had one of those really intense moments when you're going about just normal stuff and then you're like "wait... am I dreaming... orrrr"

BECAUSE THATS HAPPENED WAY TOO MANY TIMES Crying or Very sad

Once I actually was dreaming... it was a dream inside a dream... Shocked

But yeah, I have a lot of moments when I can't tell the difference between whats real and what's not... probs has something to do with my MP...
Like, am I meant to have an object or something like in Inception so I'll know when I'm awake for reals or if I'm dreaming... scratch

Blah, it really messes with my head sometimes Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:44 am

I had a dream last night that Liam, Toxxy, Cel, Six, Jolli, and etc were all playing Blacks Ops 2. While also video chatting at the same time. I was at somebody elses house not mine. and out of the blue mid match Liam yells. "What a terrible paint job in your kitchen Palmer" and I was like huh? I'm in the living room. So then he says "Why is it red and green like christmas. And I'm like the bathroom is red and green... the kitchen is light green and purple and the living room is a peachy pinky tone. Then Liam goes. "I can see the whole house and all 4 dogs." and I'm like "Mikko, Deej, Jack, and Eevee are all outside... the kitty Rosie is the only one inside." then I woke up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:43 am

One of these days you're gonna have a dream about me where I'm perfectly normal and you will wake up in a cold sweat terrified for your life.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:44 pm

Lod wrote:
One of these days you're gonna have a dream about me where I'm perfectly normal and you will wake up in a cold sweat terrified for your life.
Yes. I will.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:28 am

So pray for those dreams where I skip along and sing nursery rhymes while covered in the blood of and alpaca.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Dream Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-