Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 2:27 am

I'll give you $5 for it.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 3:30 am

£7 hell yeah (plus postage and handling)
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 4:28 am

Well, I've played for a few hours now so here's my first impression of MAG.
It's okay so far. Oh, and I went with Valor, fyi.
Things I Like:
Short matchmaking time so far.
Loadout system.
General Gameplay.

Things I Dislike:
Getting owned by people with better weapons by virtue of higher level.
Squad respawn. I see why they've done it, but I need more time to see if it really works as intended.
Ham.
Cycling for weapons/equipment. Personal preference perhaps, but I'd rather have them mapped so I could switch right to what I wanted. I see no reason to have to ready a grenade so that I can get to my healing kit. What, it was in the way maybe? That's funny, 'cause it looked like it was hanging on my belt. Rolling Eyes
Faction advantage. I'd like to be able to play a particular match without going in knowing I'm at a disadvantage from the get go, or starting with the upper hand. I know that's not how war works, but this is just a game and I'd like it to be fair.

Keep in mind this is just my first impression after about four hours play. I intend to devote most of tomorrow to it too.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:34 am

Ham?
🐷
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:37 am

Thinking

Expecting more detail from ya cobalt. We have the same tastes I believe so let me know more and if its worth getting. My biggest concern is if anyone in clan was getting it and seeing as you have it I'll be able to join ya in game if it is something that is worth getting.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:10 am

I'm thinking of getting it too, Liam... But if I'm not going to get to game with the clan then I really don't see the point, it looks a very disappointing game if you take out the teamwork. We'll have to communicate via text-chat but at least we'll both be around on the same time and can get some regular gaming in on it. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 8:25 am

Me picking me game up around 10hrs time and if me could of me would of got yous a copy too. EB is moving so all floor stock cheap as. Me also got another dual shock for $5 and a 250GB drive for $20.
Yes me also get a discount due to owner is a furry ^_^

Back on topic

Which group sucks? me will join them to get idea of gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 8:45 am

Thinking
I'm thinking it might be a while before I get it. Just got Bioshock 1 & 2 today (Valentines gifts from Lisa), Darksiders and Dante's Inferno next week, GOW3 in March and AvP looks to be good... I think right now its a toss up for MAG or AvP but looks like the decision won't come about till after I am done with GOW3, so more than likely end of March.
scratch Not gonna be online much in the weeks ahead I think.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 9:07 am

I was pretty sold on the idea of Dante's inferno until I caught this review earlier this morning...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Repetition in a game kills it faster than anything as far as I'm concerned, couple that with the frustration of having to re-collect stuff if you die. Mad I don't think I'll be getting this now. Thinking
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 1:06 pm

Liam wrote:
Expecting more detail from ya Cobalt. We have the same tastes I believe so let me know more and if its worth getting. My biggest concern is if anyone in clan was getting it and seeing as you have it I'll be able to join ya in game if it is something that is worth getting.
Oh, you'll get more detail, I'm sure. Whether or not it'll be a monster post depends on the game really. I've limited my feedback here because I don't want to sound like I know what's what from so little play time. I'll be on it today so I can get more experience. If there are any Valor players who'd like a newb tagging along, then feel free to send me an invite.
Like I said though, I'm just playing for today and then it's back to FO3 until I'm done with it. Then there's so much to be played soon I don't know when I might get back to it. FF XIII is out March 9, Bioshock 2 is still very much on my radar, and I may finally get to play RE5 pretty soon.
*sigh* So much to do, so little time/money. Sad
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

Nation Reputation : 30

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 4:54 pm

[quote="Cobalt Monkey"]
Liam wrote:

*sigh* So much to do, so little time/money. Sad

Amen to that.

I'll try and get a few games with you, Monkey. We'll noob up the matches like there's no tomorrow Razz
Back to top Go down
Vash Watters
Second Nation
Vash Watters

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:33 pm

No love for SVER in this thread?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:36 pm

I have no hate for them either.
I just can't tell the differences because I've only seen things as Valor. Only thing I have against them is that I didn't like their "recruitment video".

Well, I can't find a game now. Keep getting this "[13:55] Disconnected from server" message crap. I know it's not my end so that's one strike against this game. I'll try more later tonight.
I've fallen well into the role of Combat Medic. So far I mostly go about with the Med Kit reviving people, while using an assault rife to get a few kills here and there. One loadout I'm trying I've simply ditched grenades altogether just to get them out of the way. Works well enough.
I've reached level 12 and can finally get a more decent rifle. Ironically, most of the points came from revives. Oh, I do go positive sometimes, and was even second place on the top squad once.
Acquisitions is a pretty fun game type. Lots to do. In one game I drove a transport, manned it's gun, parachuted into enemy lines, blew up a bunker, blew down some walls, and stole an enemy transport.
Not sure what Directives is because it would keep DC'ing me before I got to try it.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 10:26 pm

I'm think directives either puts you in the game mode with the least amount of Valor players (or whatever your faction is), or maybe it puts you in the game mode that your faction is currently doing the worst in. I'm not sure.

I'm rocking the Combat Medic as well. I got all the upgrades in the Medic skill tree, meaning I revive people to full health now. I'm now working my way up the Assault rifle skill tree. I'm going to try and get a better gun, this little M4A1 isn't serving me that well yet Razz

Has anyone noticed that the Raven Sabotage map is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to win (as the attackers)?! I've played it several times now and every time we can't even capture A (which is the one I'm always set out to get Neutral )
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 10:31 pm

Actually, I've only beaten Raven on that Sabotage mission. Ran them in under five minutes. Got pinned into our spawns on a later game though. Didn't get 100 yards out at any time which really sucked.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 3:40 am

Double Post

Well, here it is. The final verdict is......Meh. There's a lot about this game I just don't care for. Here's a list.
1.) Too many people. It's okay up to 64 players, but any larger and it just leaves you lost. There's no real sense of accomplishment. It's not that the things I do don't really help, it's that I can't SEE them help. Say like in R2, when I kill a guy, I see the score increase. I know I'm helping. Or in MW2, when I take B in Domination, or plant the charges in Sabotage, I know that means a better spawn, or more points for the team. But in Mag, I can blow up a bunker, or repair the sensors 50 times a match and....so what? My squad still gets mowed down by mobs of people, or sniped two feet out of our spawn. Maybe it helps the overall battle, but if it doesn't feel like I'm doing anything useful then I'm not having fun.
2.) Lack of explanation. Speaking of those sensors that I keep in such good repair, what exactly do they do? Game doesn't say, book that came with it doesn't say, and there's no tutorial for anything beyond the most basic functions. This is important information. I shouldn't have to go digging on the internet to find out. If it is in the game somewhere, then please tell me how to find it. Maybe it's obvious and I overlooked it in my haste to play the game.
Also, what's the point of the squad? I know you get some minor buff if you happen to be near the leader, but that doesn't really seem to be enough to hold anyone together.
3.) Unbalanced weapons. I can unload half a clip into someone's head, but if they turn and hit me with two shots in the knee, I'm dead. I'm using the second assault rifle you can unlock, and I am wearing the middle grade armor, not the heavy, I admit, but is every single other person wearing it? Now, lag could certainly be a factor, but I lag sometimes in other games and still manage to play them. If it's bad enough to be this noticeable, then it can't all be on my end.
And if the explanation is that the people who so easily kill me are just a higher level, then this is just an extension of my previous complaint about going into an unfair fight.
4.) Still don't like Ham. This includes bacon.
5.) Murderously long respawns consistently. I have averaged between 15-20 seconds per respawn. I did not buy this game to sit on my hands for a fourth of every match. Now, there have been a few occasions in which I spawned within 7 or 8 seconds of bleedout, but they're so rare as to not much effect the average. Speaking of bleedout, Yay! More sitting around and hoping that one of the six other people in Valor that actually carry med kits wanders by! That is an exaggeration, I know, as I've been in a couple games where near a majority of people could and did revive people regularly, but again this is rare, and that's more the fault of the people than the game. Point is, I don't want to wait 20 seconds hoping that someone with a med kit is both near, and willing/able to use it, only to give up and find another 18 seconds on the clock.
And as for the respawn itself, it's not 3,2,1 and you CAN respawn, it's you WILL respawn. If you need to change your loadout, then you'd best do it before time runs out, or you'll be either stuck with what you didn't want, or stuck waiting another 20 seconds for the next cycle.
And lastly, there's some way the enemy can slow down the counter to make you wait even more: Blockade. There's also Rapid Redeploy to speed it up, but I've only once seen it without Blockade in effect meaning it averages out to the normal speed.
6.) Seemingly extraneous squads. I believe I've been on them twice now, both times it worked like this: Three or four squads of people spawning in starting areas, only to run down hill, then up hill into the meat grinder because the only place they can go is straight towards a couple turret bunkers that have three or four squads spawning on them. These squads' only purpose is to stop our squad from reaching the actual battle to help. Fair enough. But, the rest of the battle is so far away that the chances of anyone who spawns there actually making it to the battle without being killed by someone are so remote as to be nonexistent. So, yeah, they're there to kill us and we're there to raise their kill count. <(Hey, all three variations of the word "there" in one sentence. Bonus point. Razz)

What it comes down to for me is that if you're in the right place with the right people, and doing something that really effects the game, then it's great. But I'm not going to slough through 9 crappy games to find the fun one.
I won't return it just yet because there is a lot of potential here, I think. I'll wait and see what changes, if any, it undergoes in the next while. But I can say that it's going back on the shelf for a while. Probably a long while.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 4:04 am

Going on hold then on that game myself.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 4:28 am

Me been playing with Aussies and we seem to be disadvantage as everyone else is way ahead in rank. (Game came out today)
We been having fun doing what we do best... making cookies.

The lag issue is only happening when in 256 player games. Other then that me having fun trying to steal cars, getting shot in the ass and waiting for the magic blue spray to bring me back to life.

The sensor rays are there to help squad leaders pint point airstrikes etc.

Raven me in because it has smexy looking guys ^_^

Me got a rocket that stalks cars lol

SVER are cheap asses in defence as all they do is chemical strike the whole map.
Valor me wont play against due to me feels bad for there losing streak.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 11:54 pm

I have a confession...

I've fallen in love with my knife I love you I got the two upgrades for it and know I'm happily swinging it around enemy squads, taking down everyone in sight Smile I killed two guys with one swing today. Made me feel pretty badass Cool

I feel bad that I didn't notice how much Raven owns at Aquisition until yesterday Embarassed
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:00 am

We just got M.A.G. at work. If I play it what faction should I join?
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:01 am

eattheword wrote:
Valor!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This might help ye get started. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:03 am

eattheword wrote:

Seriously you have like the best job ever.
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Loyalist
Loyalist
A_Bloody_Bunny

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 8:37 pm

eattheword wrote:

So, have you played at all?
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 8:50 am

Me loves the new update as me changes setup every 3000xp now (Heavy gunning atm)
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:36 pm

A_Bloody_Bunny wrote:
eattheword wrote:

So, have you played at all?

Nope, not yet. I've spent 2 hours on PS3 in past 5 weeks. Also, I borrowed Uncharted 2 four weeks back and think I should play through its story first. We'll see.
Back to top Go down

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top