Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 2:15 pm

Picked this up for $20 on eBay. Hope to be blowing CRAP up with you guys before too long.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 3:40 pm

Whoo hoo! Go Turtle. Just to give you a heads-up, don't expect to be anywhere near good when you start. Please remember that.
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 4:11 pm

Nah, that's how I start every game.

I'm just a sucky person like that! Razz
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 5:05 pm

Six wrote:
Since its all pretty well handled and you guys worked past it well, Im not gonna get all M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 70894
with reminders about calling out names and tags in a negative fashion in post. In the future though it may be better to do that kind of stuff in pms. You never know who may show up, who may take something wrong or too personal, etc.
Last thing we want is a flame war.

Otherwise, great posting in here in guys. Some of the best in the forum atm.

Sorry, it's not that big a deal. It's just the clan that I'm in is who Endlo- was talking about, and the guy I said has been my buddy since Resistance 2 days and I of all people know that he takes the smack talking too far too often and he knows he talks a lot of smack I have often told him, so he wouldn't be all that offended if he read this but I understand where you are coming from.

I was just wondering who gave him the bad experience with 3C, just curious that's all. The last thing that I would ever want to start is a flame war with Endlo- I can assure you and I'm sure that that wasn't his intention either. I can understand where he's coming from when he talks about the clan he's just being honest. Although a flame war would be fun... tongue

Thanks for the acknowledgement of the posting, there has been some good discussions but mainly Endlo- and I are just trying to help people enjoy the game because we both know how hard it can be to get to like the game and how confusing it is at first, but once you get it is just the best!

Edit: Shocked Whaaa?!? What's that shininess under my name Excited
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 5:10 pm

Its all good.

As for this:

Quote :
Thanks for the acknowledgement of the posting, there has been some good discussions but mainly Endlo- and I are just trying to help people enjoy the game because we both know how hard it can be to get to like the game and how confusing it is at first, but once you get it is just the best!

I'm on the teeter totter myself still.
Some days I find great enjoyment in this game.
Other times I want to snap it into little pieces, melt down the remains, and bury it in a location very far under the sea to ensure it never returns to haunt me.

Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 6:49 pm

It wasn't jumpman, and if it were, I'd better be able to take that with a grain of salt. I've played a few games near him, and his reputation definitely precedes him, on the MAG boards. I'm pretty sure his signature over there explains it all, anyway.

Honestly, I can't remember who it was. And, it wasn't anything close to my intention to start a flame-war kind of thing, and I apologize. Justise has always been great to play with, he's laid back, he's a hell of a player, and he's just a pretty chill guy. It's possible the other guy could've been having a bad day, and recognized our tag or something, and saw a quick out. S'cool, I'mma go about my business, and let the end of game scoreboard speak for me. No hurt feelings or anything, I just found it amusing, and sadly, I think a lot of players get that one or two bad experiences, from the 3C, and cannot look beyond it. I've said it before, and I'll throw it out here again, you guys are amazing. Some of the best players on MAG, hands down, and I'd gladly have you guys around, than just about anybody else. For the most part, you guys communicate well, work well as a team, and you all carry medkits, despite the weirdly popular misconception that you don't, and refuse to work as a team.

Killers and teamwork aren't mutually exclusive, and you guys are a great example to that. Hell, I would've loved to get into 3C, and Vash and I talked about it, when PPH was starting to talk to us about recruitment, and seeing what other options we could consider. I just wasn't good enough, and I'm still not. You guys are all crazy beast.

Turtle, glad to see you picking up on the MAG-wagon. Roll up SVER, and we'll get you off to a running start. The game has a big learning curve, I'll be completely up-front about that, there's a lot of little things to piece together, but if you stick with it, and once you get all that down, this is by far one of the most rewarding games out there.

Tim, Flight said everything I tried to, and did it much better than I could. You've always been great to have around, man, and I wouldn't listen to the haters for a second.

The crazy Sabo game as a mix of the Tamsen, and a brutal melon-poppin' spree with the L-Dubs. I am so tempted to buy a character slot for Valor, I absolutely love their weaponry. I looted that thing under the bridge on Darien Network, and immediately dropped 5 people. It's just insane.
Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 7:16 pm

Hey, Endlo, how about you teach us all how to get 140k cp quickly

hehe

endlo does not need some flame war, he has his best buddy watching out for him!
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 7:27 pm

I wasnt really implying he was trying to start one.
I hope it wasnt seen that way.

It was just a way to remind that there is a forum rule of not "calling out" names and or tags in what could be seen in a negative fashion.
That's all.

Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 7:27 pm

...yeah. Oh man, when I get my car sorted out, I'm totally driving up to Kentucky to punch Vash in the face.

Vetting was the worst idea ever, but I'll probably chain a few vets together, just because I'm kind of bored with MAG. Keeps things interesting.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 7:51 pm

I'm improving well at this game. Although I don't like Escelation, and haven't gotten a chance to play any Interdiction yet. Although I am going minus 10 in Domination, and minus 3 in Sabotage, I still usually finish in the top three in my squad XP wise. I was being voted to kick by a few kill farmers in my squad, since I was minus 8 and they were both like plus 10 or around there, and arrogantly trash talking. I checked the XP (Domination game) and I had over 200 more XP than them. I like how it shows the XP earnings for the game because it gives me a good, quick summary of how each player has been helping us win the match.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 8:22 pm

I'll be in R2 tonight, but dont be afraid to invite me if you guys aren't playing the new stuff I don't have and I happen to be on.
Kind of like MW2 and its map packs, I never want to keep someone from playing their dlc cause I dont have it.
But if anyone in SVER is running some good old fashioned MAG and I'm on, look me up.
Another day alone in this game and it is just getting sent back.
Its pointless to play lone wolf and not very fun.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 9:50 pm

Me would invite ya six but me kinda dont know howl too send a invite *sits in dunce corner*
Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 10:15 pm

dingo, why did you give up on mag?
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 10:53 pm

To invite someone you go to the community option. Then there should be the friends that are online playing MAG in a list. Select the person you want, and there are options on the bottom of the player profile. One of them is, Invite to Join Group.
Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 5:08 pm

mk2, 4x scope (getting used to it and like it), suppressor and tube -- nice assault rifle, like it.

Do you remembetr this setup there Endlo? (hehe)
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 5:56 pm

Unfortunately, I don't know that set-up. I will continue to argue that the 4x is a complete waste of a scope.

Glad you're enjoying the Tamsen, man. It's a beast of a weapon. The tube is really hit or miss, it's something you either love having, or you completely hate it, sell it, and wonder why you wasted the 10k on it. Glad you're having a good time with it, though.

Right now, I'm debating on going back to the Tamsen, and rocking a setup like DeathbyChair does, with the unsuppressed AR and electronics, or I might go with an explosives oriented CQC build, with Vipera/Shotgun and claymores or gas. Tough call, the explosive Commando build is more immediately accessible, whereas the tricked out Tamsen would take about all my CP, and I'd start the grind towards the electronics again.
Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 7:54 pm

Several more games on the tube, definitely don't hate it, in fact it has me learning new guns as I find myself doing the swap trick to reload it, and sometimes end up stuck with the swapped gun.

Been trying this load out for non-repair maps or offense on repair maps:
P: mk2, 4x, suppressor, tube
B: z-443
G1:Med kit:
G2:empty
H: empty
10c armor
available: 0c

I respect'ed to basically FoG's skill set, but did max my tube recycle; no marksman; no close quarters (yet); SO to silencer 3; medical all but the three resupply rates; no engineering; strong athleticism; resistance all but flash bang. I like it. With the heavy armor, keeping my health at 120 before engagement when possible and this skill set, I'm doing much better (majority of Escalation games today I came in 4th/5th every time, verses the 7/8 I usually do)

Have you really given the 4x a fair chance to get used to? On most of the escalation maps, it's mid to even long range is awesome (and there is a lot of this on these maps). With the "Assault Rifle Steady Aim" skills at 3, I've actually quite doing the semi-auto trigger pull, no sense … scope it, full auto - the gun does not move much, dude typically drops.

And yet I still run right into the middle of the "D's" (clearing the way with the tube is nice) and seem to do every bit as well as with this setup as I do with the reflex sight. The fire and cycle rate of the mk2 is so quick, with a hard hit, I don't miss the Vipera-2 so much in these close situations (i.e. when it came to phase C in Sabotage, I use to change my load out to the Vipera all the time).

Now what to set as my purchase goals? Might just start saving my pennies again and go for that Sensor Jammer. I get claymored just enough that the Explosives Detector looks somewhat interesting as well.

It was a fun weekend. I've gotten several friend requests, just out of the blue this weekend playing Escalation. I've encouraged them all to come here and check things out.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:43 pm

I used the Optical Sight for about 12 levels. I hated it every step of the way, and was actually about to give up on the AG at the time, before the PPH guys told me to try it with the Reflex.

If it works for you, then go nuts. I find the Reflex far more comfortable at mid-range than the Optical, I can still cross-map with my red dot, and when I'm close range, I'm either SMG-style spraying or I can quickly get the headshots with the Reflex, and not deal with the disorientation of the Optical. Whatever works for you, man. I'm just glad you're enjoying the gun.

I was debating on the Tamsen vs. an explosive CQC build, and I've gone back to my Tamsen. I just love the Assault Rifles too much, and I went from barely scraping even with my shotty, to pulling out a Grim within two games on Escalation. Probably going to try a build like DeathbyChair and I were discussing, I'll try to get it going here in the next night or two, and post some feedback on it.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:34 am

Just destroyed a clans rep on domination. 97 of that clan were attacking and destroyed the pumps and AA within 2 mins and thats where they got stuck by random players.
Biggest clan on me side was only 5 and quite a few new players. Me went 39-6 with the viprea (spelling?) and nades/rpg. Me picked off a sniper most likely over 150m+ away with 2 bullets and got a message "F**king loser" from the player.
1/2 way through game the lag go real bad on the attackers side as the paratroopers were skipping everywhere and the guys were dropping us with 1 shot. This was not me connection as multi players were on mics asking if it was happening to anyone else.

Last 2 mins (major lag) and all stations went down at exact same time and the damage bar went from 0% to around 80% in a few secs and heaps of the attackers clan were at the main spawn throwing nades in and knifing everyone.
1 well placed nade from me got me 59xp and idk how many kills or what went down there

At end of game defenders were loling and saying gg's to all when hate mail came rushing in from that clan. Me got 11 pms from them calling me a "Fag" "Noobtuber" and me fav "Go get F**ked you F**king $hit player".

Nothing damages a ego of a clan when they get smashed by randoms *amused dingo*
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 2:11 pm

Dingo, you should totally do me a favor, and humor me. I have a guess as to what clan it was. PM me?

Tried the explosive CQC build, and I absolutely hate it. Haaaaaate. Assault Rifles are like, the only things I can use any more, I'm so spoiled by them. Nothing comes close to my beloved Tamsen or LW. I've not gotten to loot the new Valor AR, but I hear that it's even more insane than the LW.

Debating on rocking some alternate PMC slots for a bit, to mix up my experience. I'll be grinding XP/CP in Escalation all day, if anybody wants to hop on, and group up. Need to get myself back up to 70 on SVER, and I need a ton of CP to recoup my losses on the Explosives build, and get my Tamsen back. Plus I need a Motion Sensor again. Protip guys, don't vet. It's stupid.
Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 2:20 pm

Well heck Dingo, its this kind of posting that I read in this thread that has me asking:

"why isn't that crazy, down under, dog like individual playing this stupid game with us now?"

I cussed and lockedup a few times in Domination, saw a bit of lag from time to time (nothing like you noted here).

Come on you little ankle bitter, get back in here!
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:04 pm

Bouncing between the Tamsen and the SASR-M. Radiant Barrens is a beautiful thing with a DMR, I went 33-2 last night on it, taking potshots at the Raven coming across D. There are also free sniper kills everywhere on it, because the other two factions love their .50's on all the rocks and random highgrounds.

Set my new highest streak, it's nothing amazing, but I was pretty happy to go 30-0 on Copper Hills last night, too. Recovered from my veteran, and now I'm close to 70 again. I'll probably skip out on my Magic drafts tonight, and hit up a lot of Escalation, and try to get my Against All Enemies and Power Monger medals taken care of. Need one more Going Green for the medal, too.

Using the Tamsen right now, but I find myself missing the SASR-M, and wanting to go back to the AGVK, as well. When I was using the SASR-M, I found myself missing the Tamsen. Not sure what I'm going to end up doing. Going through a phase of absolutely hating the Suppressors. I'm mobile enough with the SASR to compensate for leaving the tracers, and I'm usually accurate enough to drop the other sniper before they can get me, and then I'm out, plus the accuracy is absolutely necessary.

In the Tamsen build I'm working towards, I'm also cutting the suppressor, for the added accuracy and the ability to have my Motion Sensor and my Acoustic Locator. Talked to Desi and Laser from 3C about skill tress a bit last night, and I'm actually really happy with my Assault Rifle build, if anybody's interested in it, I'll post it up later tonight.

Dingo, I know you were on Valor for a long time, and Flight, I know you've been around forever, can you guys give me some ideas for noteworthy clans over there? PPH is going to remain SVER only, despite semper pushing us to move to Raven, and I'm headed to Valor on a slot B, within the next few days. DeathbyChair says VL$ is still recruiting, and I know they're good guys. Not familiar with WKE, but they were recommended last night. Want to avoid KEQ.
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 7:30 pm

I hold the game in my hand as I type this. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 7:45 pm

Woohoo!

Turtle, if I see you on, I'll be sure to get you in a group, man. Look forward to playing this with you, it's been a while since we gamed it up.
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 8:19 pm

I've heard that SVER is the best faction to go with. Any truth to this? Apparently I won't get to choose again if I make a mistake. Just wanna make sure I have the right setup.
Back to top Go down

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top