The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Cel
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:19 am

I see. My mom use to get them frequently. Never really understood them.
Wait.. You pop them with a needle? pale OUCH!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:37 am

Didn't hurt at all actually. The only pain is now that its scabbed moving my lips kinda hurts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KinkyCrispy
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:29 am

palmer you get sick like all the time

since i could remember from myres1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:51 pm

I know. It stems from my iron deficiency anemia which lowers the immune system
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I know. It stems from my iron deficiency anemia which lowers the immune system
That sucks.
Are you taking anything for it?
I have b-12 deficiency anemia. Which means.. I have no energy.. Like ever! Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:59 pm

You should drink red bull the 16 oz has almost 200% of your daily dose of b 12 lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:37 pm

I take prenatal vitamins which help because they've got more iron and i dont have to choke down two horse pills.

Also, every one of my friends have boyfriends that do the cooking. I'm officially going on strike Sunday Tuesday and Friday
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:48 pm

Plenty of iron and B12 in beef liver. tongue

Need a good recipe for it though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:00 pm

I try to cook for my gf but she tells me that I can't so don't even try lmaol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:02 pm

I've taken vitamins... twice. Maybe three times. Ever.

Shrug

Haha jaded. If I had someone I'd teach him how to cook because I'm not going to do it all the time! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:06 pm

I've taught Jeremiah just about every recipe i make
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:08 pm

Shrug

Haha jaded. If I had someone I'd teach him how to cook because I'm not going to do it all the time! Laughing

RF: Day 8 of being sick with ever-changing symptoms.

I'm ready to be better now. Really, I am. Neutral

Thinking

Then again, Nationitis is one hell of a virus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:35 pm

What? Are there no vitamins in food?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:43 pm

Shrug

I get to parinod when I cook meats they tend to turn out dry and charred ......I have watched to much discovey channel shows about parasites and bacteria
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:29 pm

Of course there are. But it's not like most food from the market and restaurants are coming from very fertile soil. Most of the meat and dairy products won't be coming from pastured animals. The bioavailability of the source has to be taken into account as well. It can be difficult for the average person to have enough varied foods to prevent vitamin deficiencies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:52 pm

I buy my meat from my friend. So i know how well they're treated. Eggs from another person. The beef, Bacon, and eggs hardly cost much more at all. And.... they are So much better

Also Jaded I took a class on parasitology and one on microbiology. Imagine how i feel. Also cook to medium or higher for beef and your okay. Or if you like medium rare or rare freeze for at least 30 days. And everything should get killed. Also 1 in 3 people in America have an intestinal parasite and doesn't know
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:27 pm

Of course there are. But it's not like most food from the market and restaurants are coming from very fertile soil. Most of the meat and dairy products won't be coming from pastured animals. The bioavailability of the source has to be taken into account as well. It can be difficult for the average person to have enough varied foods to prevent vitamin deficiencies.

I have a hard time believing that I can't go into a grocery store and get acceptable food. Sure, most of the time they're probably not the best fruits, veggies and meats out there to buy (unless you want to shell out the big money) but it's not like they're harmfully deficient in what you need. If you go to your average grocery store in North America you'll probably find everything you need to eat to be healthy without going to the pharmacy section.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gregor
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:33 pm

Damn. The boss in my RPG is just ridiculous. Absolutely wasted my good team. x_x Looks like Ill be grinding some more.

Also, Im ready for spring break to end. Le'gasp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:36 pm

I will say that i know for a fact i don't get everything i need. For example i only eat meat 3-4 days a week and i don't like nuts. Which really doesn't help my iron deficiency. But i eat a ton of fruits and veggies. BUT this time of year my fruits are limited to citrus and apples and bananas because of the price and availability and my veggies are spinach or lettuce, occasionally potatoes, carrots, broccoli, and ill splurge for some asparagus occasionally.

I know for a fact my nutrition is not well balanced
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:58 pm

I seem to be forgetting to actually eat more and more often nowadays... Mum's getting worried but then again at the same time it's not like I'm actually hungry... The only time I eat is when I start feeling dizzy and lightheaded...

Been drinking a lot more water and herbal tea and stuff like that though Thinking

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, I feel generally fine so yeah, not sure what to think of it... Shrug
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:03 pm

Being sick right now I'm basically forcing myself to eat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:57 pm

I have a hard time believing that I can't go into a grocery store and get acceptable food. Sure, most of the time they're probably not the best fruits, veggies and meats out there to buy (unless you want to shell out the big money) but it's not like they're harmfully deficient in what you need. If you go to your average grocery store in North America you'll probably find everything you need to eat to be healthy without going to the pharmacy section.

I'm not saying they're unacceptable or harmfully deficient. Just that they may be less rich in nutrients than we think, which may result in needing to consume a higher amount of a source.

There's also bad stuff like phytic acid/phytate in foods such as bread, cereal, pasta, corn, beans/legumes, and nuts/seeds. It binds to certain nutrients and hinders their absorption. I know iron, zinc, and magnesium are some of the victims.

Yes, all the stuff is there. It should be sufficient, even though they may not be the most nutrient dense. However, for whatever reason, not everyone is able to eat all the different foods needed. It could be due to busy schedule, only wanting to eat certain foods, not being able to afford it, laziness, allergy, disliking, etc.

I don't have much of an appetite nowadays. I try to eat foods that are packed with nutrients, but I'm probably not covering all bases on a daily basis with the one or two meals and occasional snack[s] I eat.

For example, my body requires more sodium/potassium/magnesium when I'm in ketosis, and I certainly don't eat enough to meet those higher requirements. I don't eat fish or grass-fed/pastured meat/eggs/dairy daily, so my omega-6 to omega-3 ratio won't be perfect unless I supplement with cod liver oil or flax seed oil.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:40 pm

Shrug

Thinking

Damn sure is. Every time anyone of us annouce that we are sick, next thing you know it has some how traveled through the internet and into our systems. Shrug
We need a vaccine for the Nationitis, I swear!

I certainly hope our gals, Stella and Palmer, kicks that dreaded sickness quickly. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:22 am

Shrug

Thinking

Damn sure is. Every time anyone of us annouce that we are sick, next thing you know it has some how traveled through the internet and into our systems. Shrug
We need a vaccine for the Nationitis, I swear!

I certainly hope our gals, Stella and Palmer, kicks that dreaded sickness quickly. Sad

Crap, I hope I don't catch it again. No

And yeah, get well soon, guys gals.

Damn. The boss in my RPG is just ridiculous. Absolutely wasted my good team. x_x Looks like Ill be grinding some more.

Also, Im ready for spring break to end. Le'gasp.

Which game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:51 am

Vengeance is home sick with a cold and a sore throat... at the same time she announced she was sick, I ended up having a cold too, but so far thats all for me, she's slowly getting better..

I swear we all get sick at the same time.. and it seems to happen every week or so Thinking

NATIONITIS AT IT AGAIN! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   

Back to top Go down

Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: