The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Gregor
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Very Happy= :D
Makes life interesting.
Me and Six say all the time how lucky we are to share the love of gaming. Although.. He is bad for stealing my bolts and critters on R&C. Mad
MINE! I'm the winner!! Twisted Evil

Heard that, although they aren't big gamers so I have to rock it up single-player. Still, it's good to have more people to laugh with. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:59 am

I get to play the real life game of "lets see how many cakes we can make before we burn down the house" Shocked

Mum thought it was an awesome idea to buy 10kg of bananas and like half of that of flour because she wants me to make banana cakes.... apparently there's enough bananas to feed a small army facepalm2

I'd rather be playing one of those cooking games on my DS... not the real thing No

Although real life graphics are better... the gameplay.... naaahht so much Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KinkyCrispy
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:07 am

Jeremiah and I play video games together and it makes it way more fun

What you need to do Jolli and Crispy, is find ladies who enjoy the same hobby as you. Very Happy= :D
girl i been spending time with doesnt like playing. But she says she enjoys watching me lol. and i actually believe it cause she finds it funny when i screw up and makes fun of me or other stuff. Like she actually gets into it she just doesnt play
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:59 am

SayberBANG! wrote:
I get to play the real life game of "lets see how many cakes we can make before we burn down the house" Shocked

Mum thought it was an awesome idea to buy 10kg of bananas and like half of that of flour because she wants me to make banana cakes.... apparently there's enough bananas to feed a small army facepalm2

I'd rather be playing one of those cooking games on my DS... not the real thing No

Although real life graphics are better... the gameplay.... naaahht so much Laughing
wait until the bananas tyrn black otherwise they'll be no good in banana cakes or banana bread
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:15 pm

I find that offensive Cel... Like we're not actively seeking out those things or nothing Rolling Eyes
You find stating the obvious as offensive? scratch Since when?

Some people go on looks. Some go on what other people think they should do to attract the opposite sex. Shrug
I was just saying that the old saying "Opposites attract" is a slim odd and to find someone who shares the same interests/hobbies as you.

Shrug
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gregor
Fourth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:13 pm

Heard that. As much as I enjoy people with differing interests...I know now that sometimes said interests can be just too different. If you don't have much in common, what happens when the initial spark goes away? Just going by my last experience, that was definitely the case for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:47 pm

Heard that. As much as I enjoy people with differing interests...I know now that sometimes said interests can be just too different. If you don't have much in common, what happens when the initial spark goes away? Just going by my last experience, that was definitely the case for me.
Exactly!
And sometimes it's hard to find someone who has the exact hobbies or interests but it is possible. And well worth the wait in my opinion.
Taking your time and not choosing to settle will only make finding "The one" that much more possible. Hell.. I was 35 when I found mine. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:24 pm

I find that offensive Cel... Like we're not actively seeking out those things or nothing Rolling Eyes

>->
<-<

I know I'm not.

@Ninja, 40 minutes because a second boss appears and they tend to run around the map a lot. If anything, they were a prelude to the hell to come. The last boss had 6 stages (Which basically consisted of 7 bosses total) and destroyed me quite a few times. Only when I grinded a bit and multiplied my best demon by 3 did I eradicate everything. Laughing

Sounds like a nice challenge. Thinking

It took me a while to finally slay False King Allant in Demon's Souls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gregor
Fourth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:34 pm

Sounds like a nice challenge. Thinking

It took me a while to finally slay False King Allant in Demon's Souls.

The game is a blast even on Normal mode. Apparently the sequel is more unforgiving too. Guess I have that to look forward to. Laughing

Just had the most epic conclusion to the game EVER too (No spoilers below).
First two stages of the final boss are spent calmly and tactfully healing. However, all hell breaks loose in the final stage (Where I normally die). He completely annihilates my weaker healer. Okay, that's fine. I revive her and start making my way to try and land the death blow. Demons all around are attacking me, slowly weakening my own force. My best magic user gets close and hits several times, taking his health to about 60%. However, she is immediately destroyed by his massive attacks. Well shit, but Ill move on. I move my main healer into attack range, but before I can get into place he launches a volley and destroys her. Well, there goes reviving. Just me and the weak healer. Im close enough to that I can launch the weak healer at him. She puts up a good fight and weakens him to about 30% before being destroyed. Im frantic now. I throw my main character at him, desperately trying to resummon weaken demons considering most of mine are gone now. I attack and dab him to about 10%. He destroys my strongest demon, but I still have one left as well as my own attacks. Unfortunately, Im in red hp and my attacks do nothing to him. If I lose that demon, it's over. He attacks me and I do a last ditch heal on my team. My bird valiantly restores my health but is soon killed. Shit. It's me and no attacks against this guy. He uses magic on me, yellow. Magic again, red. I know it's done. It's over. He's going to kill me. He uses a PHYSICAL attack next turn...which, thanks to a skill, is reflected back to him, critical hits, and kills him. Victory and end game. Lmao

And now Im new game + using a Lv72 demon I imported from my old save against Lv 1s and 2s. He just did a critical hit for 4000 hp (Max health in game is 999, and they only had 34). Lmao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:54 pm

The cashiers are all crazy.

F*** this, I'm not staying here. You'll be getting lots of love exams because I won't be working. <3
Shocked
You dropped the F- Bomb!!
Now I know your pissed.
Just do it, Stella. You have been having it out with work long enough. Just focus on school.

My Mum is letting me vent at home because it helps reduce stress.

Spoiler'd in case people don't want to read a mountain of text and ranting.

Spoiler:

I don't feel much better. :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:37 am

I hate to say it but you either have to take a stand and get decent working conditions or leave Az. The hours and no breaks is just too much and the emotional stuff you are going through is not right. In a few years this will be a distant memory and you will be employed doing something you enjoy and the cashier wages will laughable to you. When can you start lifeguarding ? That seems to be what you should be doing now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dingo
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:33 am

Puke puke puke puke puke. That is what me has done from 3pm today (time is 7:30pm atm)

If Liam is me sick bro then me god buddy you in a world of hurt soon. If you do get what me got atleast you can say you know what it is like to give birth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:59 am

Spoiler:

Rolling Eyes What a b!t_h!
Sounds a bit cut-throat. This girl seems catty and immature. Which in all honesty, Stella, is quite normal in a work place. And I hate to go against my own kind but women are the worst for it. facepalm2 Ironically, I'm having similar dealings with my work as well.
So much of me wants to tell you to remove yourself from the bullshit. Focus on school as I said before. You have a chance to get your schooling in while living under your parents roof. Too much drama can be an over-load and I would much rather see you drop work, then school or have it effect your school.
But..
A huge part me wants to tell you that no matter what or where, don't let anyone drive you out of a place. You have just as much right to be in the work place as anyone else. Plus.. This catty bullshit drama crap, you will find EVERY WHERE! Sadly you can't escape it. There's always going to be that one who is intimidated by you, jealous of you. Attracted to drama. Likes to bully or point the finger at everyone else but themselves.
I hate that you have to experience this bullshit Stella. I really do. You come across as a good girl. Hardworking, smart and extremely determined.
And there will always be some asshole who wants to steal that.. Rather it's now or some where down the road..
You can't let them.. You just can't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:59 am

Cashiers constantly have drama going on where I'm at. CONSTANTLY.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:47 am

I've seen the catty stuff between women too. My wife has experienced it at the hospital and hates it. She is not good at being a catty beotch and is more like a man and will tell mean girls to eff off and die and get in their faces. She is well liked but there are always the talk behind your back rumor spreader types.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:55 am

I've seen the catty stuff between women too. My wife has experienced it at the hospital and hates it. She is not good at being a catty beotch and is more like a man and will tell mean girls to eff off and die and get in their faces. She is well liked but there are always the talk behind your back rumor spreader types.
Exactly! I'm the same. I don't circle with the sharks. Get together and talk about everyone.. It's not my style.
But I don't have a single problem with telling someone to f*** off.
In all honesty.. I don't really hang with a lot of females. I don't like them. Shrug

Every night just before I walk into work, I tell myself.. I'm going to get this shit over with.. Go in, do my shit and get the eff out and go home to my little family. That's why I'm there anyways.. For my family.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:53 am

I hate to say it but you either have to take a stand and get decent working conditions or leave Az. The hours and no breaks is just too much and the emotional stuff you are going through is not right. In a few years this will be a distant memory and you will be employed doing something you enjoy and the cashier wages will laughable to you. When can you start lifeguarding ? That seems to be what you should be doing now.

I don't know when I can start lifeguarding. At the end of the month (which will be the six weeks max they told me they would contact me, I might actually call them next week) I will call them up and see how it's going and tell them I can update my Spring availability to say it's completely open after exam week. They have a grid timetable and they tally up the number of free spaces you have - the more you have, the better your chances, or so a lifeguard of several years told me.

The same lifeguard also said (and I'm not supposed to know this Razz ) that I'm one of 14 people they're looking at, and the fact that it's been this long and I don't have a letter saying I'm not hired yet chances appear to be pretty good. The lifeguards I've talked to seem to think so anyway.

Spoiler:

Rolling Eyes What a b!t_h!
Sounds a bit cut-throat. This girl seems catty and immature. Which in all honesty, Stella, is quite normal in a work place. And I hate to go against my own kind but women are the worst for it. facepalm2 Ironically, I'm having similar dealings with my work as well.
So much of me wants to tell you to remove yourself from the bullshit. Focus on school as I said before. You have a chance to get your schooling in while living under your parents roof. Too much drama can be an over-load and I would much rather see you drop work, then school or have it effect your school.
But..
A huge part me wants to tell you that no matter what or where, don't let anyone drive you out of a place. You have just as much right to be in the work place as anyone else. Plus.. This catty bullshit drama crap, you will find EVERY WHERE! Sadly you can't escape it. There's always going to be that one who is intimidated by you, jealous of you. Attracted to drama. Likes to bully or point the finger at everyone else but themselves.
I hate that you have to experience this bullshit Stella. I really do. You come across as a good girl. Hardworking, smart and extremely determined.
And there will always be some asshole who wants to steal that.. Rather it's now or some where down the road..
You can't let them.. You just can't.

I don't like running away, but with the current manager none of this is likely to change. I know someone who left because he waited ages and ages for a raise and never gave one. When the cashier before me was there (we were $100 short/over one day and the opposite the next) he apparently took both of them into his office for an hour (meaning there was no one at the cash counter), yelled at them, then while they had to catch up with customers he was counting all the float and coin bags in front of the customers. It sounded horrific and there just seemed to be no reason for that kind of treatment.

What are we going to do, phone head office and tell them we don't like the company owner's nephew as manager? Considering how involved he is in the way the company's run, I'm not sure that's going to go over well.

Normally, I wouldn't try to run away. I don't like doing that. When I stayed late one night because 10 customers came in five minutes before closing the AM have me the half-hour overtime I asked for no questions asked. He said that he knows I'm not stealing when we're short. He's transferring to another store at the end of this week and no one knows who's going to replace him. He was going to be the person I'd talk to because the HC garbles things up so badly.

I don't like the way customers act, demanding discounts all the time. (You don't walk into a grocery store and demand a discount because you shop here often, do you?) It seems that the weekend cashier conditions have been that way for years and aren't likely to change. The bullshit I have to deal with in cash and now I'll have to deal with a manager that doesn't really seem to do anything... there's just too many things that aren't going to change even if I can somehow find a reason to stay.

This sort of stress over a minimum-wage job isn't worth it. School comes first because that will help me get a much better job. I have enough money to cover a semester at the uni I need to go to... I'm leaving. I don't see any reason for staying.

Depending on how the NC replies, my letter is going in next weekend or I'll hold out for another week and make a bit more money.

I can't tell you how excited I am about getting the lifeguard job. Last lesson set a couple of them said to me "I hope you never volunteer with me again because you'll be hired, but if not that I'll be glad to have you help me again." I consider many of them to be friends too. I know there are a number of downsides to the job but if you're doing it with people you like and get along with it makes so much difference. I didn't mind my current job so much before the NC started getting bitchy.

And, for twice as much money... doesn't matter what's going on as a cashier, I'm leaving for twice the money. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:19 am

There used to be a girl named Anna in my department and she kept starting rumors that we got into a fight. So i confronted her about it and she just flipped her hair at me. That was it i was done. I walked up and told my manager. And she got moved to a different department in the store
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:41 am

There used to be a girl named Anna in my department and she kept starting rumors that we got into a fight. So i confronted her about it and she just flipped her hair at me. That was it i was done. I walked up and told my manager. And she got moved to a different department in the store
Puzzled
She... Flipped her hair at you?
The lamest reaction to a confrontaion I ever heard.

Stella- I picture you being reserved and mature but admit it.. Some part of you wanted to beat that b!t_h's ass huh? Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:19 pm

She was a dumb 16 year old girl. I wasn't going to deal with her shit anymore to begin with an alls she responded with was that it was like wtf
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kidchimera00
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 14

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:25 pm

Class ended early! Now to troll the webs until the bus comes at 2:00!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:13 pm

Stella- I picture you being reserved and mature but admit it.. Some part of you wanted to beat that b!t_h's ass huh? Laughing

'Course I do. Laughing But if this comes up in any major way I want to be seen as the mature one in this situation. Am I trying to be polite at work? Trying. Do I want to kick her ass when I'm not at work? Heck yes.

Really quick because I have to go study:

I went to talk to my math teacher about the phone going off last class. The first thing I said was "I want to apologize for it going off" at which point he interrupts me and says he's a bit fanatical and was probably a bit harsh on me at the time. He says he's fine with it. I said I normally didn't have it with me and that I had forgotten it was on. He said he really appreciated me coming in to apologize and not to worry about it.

So it's all good there. Very Happy= :D cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:21 pm

'Course I do. Laughing But if this comes up in any major way I want to be seen as the mature one in this situation. Am I trying to be polite at work? Trying. Do I want to kick her ass when I'm not at work? Heck yes.

Really quick because I have to go study:

I went to talk to my math teacher about the phone going off last class. The first thing I said was "I want to apologize for it going off" at which point he interrupts me and says he's a bit fanatical and was probably a bit harsh on me at the time. He says he's fine with it. I said I normally didn't have it with me and that I had forgotten it was on. He said he really appreciated me coming in to apologize and not to worry about it.

So it's all good there. Very Happy= :D cheers
That awesome, Stella. Very Happy= :D I bet most professors don't have many of their students coming up to apologize. And I think that kind of shit sets along time with someone.. I'm glad he wasn't offended.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gregor
Fourth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:16 pm

Spring Break is over, and this guy has plans for the last half of this semester... Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:26 pm

I got a two-day reading break in February. No Spring Break for me. My siblings have two weeks off.

Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome   

Back to top Go down

Random Chat | All pointless post are welcome

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: