The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:34 pm

I can see how that could be difficult, but still someone's safety could be at risk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:09 pm

I'm anything but passive aggressive especially when it comes down to my child, believe that shit.
Wink
I have deleted and blocked her now. I'm sorry, I can't run the risk of unwanted eye's looking at my girl. As far as burning the family bridge, I care not. Not in this case. As I said, I haven't seen her in 14 years. She is a stranger in opinion. And it's the lack of common sense on her part that will keep the distance. I'm sorry, but if you house a child molester, you're just as f**** up in the head as he is.

Family doesn't have to be blood related. In fact, most of the people I hold dear to me the most, shares no DNA with myself. Perfect example, all of you guys!

Watching a show on the Discovery Channel not long ago, A momma bear and cubs caught the attention of my Buggy. As we sat curled up on the couch I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to express to her what I would go through in this life for her.

" See that Mommy bear with her babies?
See how she is so protective of her little ones?
See how she is fishing for them and looking out for them?
Well that's what Mommies do for their littles. And that's what I will do for you- Always. "

Love my girl. And it matters not whom I have to defend her against, family or otherwise, that is my job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:58 pm

Cel wrote:
I'm anything but passive aggressive especially when it comes down to my child, believe that shit.
Wink
I have deleted and blocked her now. I'm sorry, I can't run the risk of unwanted eye's looking at my girl. As far as burning the family bridge, I care not. Not in this case. As I said, I haven't seen her in 14 years. She is a stranger in opinion. And it's the lack of common sense on her part that will keep the distance. I'm sorry, but if you house a child molester, you're just as f**** up in the head as he is.

Family doesn't have to be blood related. In fact, most of the people I hold dear to me the most, shares no DNA with myself. Perfect example, all of you guys!

Watching a show on the Discovery Channel not long ago, A momma bear and cubs caught the attention of my Buggy. As we sat curled up on the couch I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to express to her what I would go through in this life for her.

" See that Mommy bear with her babies?
See how she is so protective of her little ones?
See how she is fishing for them and looking out for them?
Well that's what Mommies do for their littles. And that's what I will do for you- Always. "

Love my girl. And it matters not whom I have to defend her against, family or otherwise, that is my job.

+1 Cel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:11 pm

RF I don't think my glasses from the 11th grade are doing me much good .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:41 am

Random Fact: It's been a few years since I've had an eye exam myself. I should probably schedule an appointment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:28 am

KICK HER IN THE SHINS!

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:32 am

I seriously don't understand child molesters... its just. what.. why in the world would you ruin an innocent childs life because you're a little bit messed up in the head? ugh... Evil or Very Mad 

RF: Apparently child molesters are more likely to have been molested themselves when they were younger and brainwashed into enjoying.. uhm.. yeah... No 

RF: ugh.. now I have a headache and feel really sick.. think I should go lay down for a little while. :sick2:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:35 am

rt apparently they have announced that obesity is a disease..... I find this to be bull shit I'm sorry but its not a disease you let your self or your children eat terriable food and don't do anything to change it . Its laziness and bad parenting .

now we will get to hear well I can't help it little Tommy is shoving potato chips into his mouth at the rate of a jet engine sucking air , he has a disease .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:58 am

I can't say I'm impressed with it either. I'm sure part of it is genetics or some other factor that individuals can't control and there really isn't anything you can do about it (same reason if parents are tall their kids are tall, right? I'm not a biologist though Razz). In that case then yes, I think you could call it a disease.

However, I have classmates who were I know were skinny during elementary and high school and you could now say that there are three of him. That is probably bad decisions when it comes to what they're eating since that problem has showed up fairly recently in their lives.

If obesity didn't have so many different causes you might be able to get away with calling it a disease, but since perfectly healthy people can start making bad choices and become obese I don't think it can be called a disease.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:20 pm

exactly, there are factors people can't control like a thyroid problem or some other issues , but do those issues make up a majority of obesity cases ?
I am no expert but I would bet a lot of money the answer to that qustion is no .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:23 pm

I don't know really. I can definitely see where you guys are coming from. If you chose to eat unhealthy and sit on your ass all the time, then how can it be qualified as a disease right?

On the other hand, we call anorexia and bulimia a disease. And all that is, is obesity in reverse.
Then take in account situations that lead to obesity such as genetics, age and thyroid issues.

I've known people who exercise and eat as healthy as someone can and still have weight problems.
I also know that what qualifies something to be called a " disease " is a medical issue that is completely out of one's control.
Alcoholism and drug addiction is also called diseases by people in the medical field yet some people look at it as a lack of self control.
Either way, obesity would be hard to be noted as laziness or medical to people like us who have no medical degree that would allow us to make that judgement.. So when I see someone who is extremely skinny or someone who is large by today's standards, I try to keep that in mind.

Shrug
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:09 pm

RF: Dad bumped up my rent $50 a month just so I could turn the A/C on. UGH
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Eating disorders are considered a proper disease, and the reason being is not only do they cause extreme physical changes, but the main reason is that once your brain starts taking on those thoughts, its like a poison that spreads through you, every thought, movement becomes related to your eating disorder.. it literally ruins you from the inside out, so its as close to any physical virus like disease you can come into contact with... yes its psychological but its still just as life threatening and dangerous and destructive as something like a cancer or severe virus/bacteria that leaves you living in constant fear and fighting for your life back. 

Yes they start out as a choice, but the second the person realises the choices are affecting them in such a negative way, its already too late... and they can no longer control it. 

I know this because I've been suffering on the ups and downs of it since I was young.

I hate how much it affects me, it is literally describes as a silent cancer, you can't see it, you can't find it on an MRI, but the person experiencing it goes through the constant hell as it slowly destroys and kills them from the inside out.

I guess in a way for some obese people who binge or have a food addiction its the same... they can control it in the beginning but once they try to change, its too late... and some people unfortunately end up losing their life over it

I've nearly lost my life from it once, I recovered for a short amount of time, but this time it came back stronger than ever. And yet again I'm stuck fighting for my life on a daily basis... this disease, disorder, mental illness, whatever you label it, is real and terrifying..  Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gregor
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:29 pm

R(drowsy)T: Pain killers make me tired as hell.
RF: Spurs-Heat game 7 tonight...Nervous about that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:38 pm

Gregor wrote:
R(drowsy)T: Pain killers make me tired as hell.
RF: Spurs-Heat game 7 tonight...Nervous about that.

Yeah I hate pain pills, but after a while I sometimes have to take them. I really dislike the Miami Heat, more than any other team in the NBA. Go Spurs !! Now you have to root for the Bruins ,Gregor.... right ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gregor
Fourth Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:06 pm

I love em and hate them. On one hand, they stop my leg from hurting. On the other, Im completely out of it mentally for a while after taking them. And no, Im rooting for the Blackhawks. M'lady loves them, so Im hoping both of our teams can win it all this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:03 pm

Gregor wrote:
I love em and hate them. On one hand, they stop my leg from hurting. On the other, Im completely out of it mentally for a while after taking them. And no, Im rooting for the Blackhawks. M'lady loves them, so Im hoping both of our teams can win it all this year.

IDK I think you have to pick one team too lose, its in the Bible I'm pretty sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gregor
Fourth Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:10 pm

Nah I'm good. I've sacrificed my Houston Astros to be doomed forever. My Spurs and her Blackhawks winning it all should be good for this year.

And if not, I'll abstain and not choose tbh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:29 am

Eating disorders I see as a disorder. Disease I see as you know the plague or herpes. Something passed on. It's just the way I define it.

Random Thought: Robert Pattinson from Twilight, his head freaks me out...

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:39 am

RT- Careful, careful on those painkillers, Ratchet. I've said it before and I'll keep on saying it, only because I care for ya. Wink

RF- I hate Fridays!! Angry :angry:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:57 am

Random Thought: I'd make a terrible woman. Or a great one. Depends on your gender.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:06 am

Random thought to Liam's Random thought-
I have a customer who is actually a man but dresses like a woman. Let me just say, not only is she the best customer I have but looks damn good as a woman. I have never seen her as a man, but I honestly don't need to to make this choice; she makes a damn good woman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:07 am

Random Fact: I'd just be a slut.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:11 am

Lod wrote:
Random Fact: I'd just be a slut.
Ha! You already are. You're the slutest slut I know. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:12 am

\_(o.o)_/ true 'nuff

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   

Back to top Go down

New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: