The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Eating disorders I see as a disorder. Disease I see as you know the plague or herpes. Something passed on. It's just the way I define it.

Random Thought: Robert Pattinson from Twilight, his head freaks me out...

It can be passed on though... it can be genetic and some mental health professionals claim that if the idea of "thinspiration" aka, pro eating disorder images and ideas are introduced to a few young people, it can actually be 'contagious' and obsessive and spread across a large number of people within a short amount of time... so some do argue it can be defined as both a disorder and a disease.

It's sometimes also referred to as a silent plague or cancer because its psychological, and if introduced to teenagers for example, its more likely that if one young person has it and displays obvious symptoms or tries to talk about it amongst their peers and friends, its also more likely that both the person suffering and the friends and peers both obsess over it, and then a larger number of people develop the ED and it becomes a cycle of obsession and unhealthy behaviour and that cycle then continues on.. like falling dominos, unless its treated properly.
Shrug but I guess it depends on each individuals views.. I just know that personally for me doctors and mental health professions refer to it as both with me. 

... and Liam.. I really want to see you in a wig now Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:29 am

RF: I've seen some pretty convincing trannies
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:00 pm

Random thought to Liam's Random thought-
I have a customer who is actually a man but dresses like a woman. Let me just say, not only is she the best customer I have but looks damn good as a woman. I have never seen her as a man, but I honestly don't need to to make this choice; she makes a damn good woman.

Spoiler:

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:04 pm

I have a customer who is actually a man but dresses like a woman. Let me just say, not only is she the best customer I have but looks damn good as a woman. I have never seen her as a man, but I honestly don't need to to make this choice; she makes a damn good woman.

Spoiler:

Laughing
LaughingLaughingLaughing
I laughed so hard when I hit the spoiler tags.
For that- +1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:06 pm

Klinger: still making people laugh. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:23 pm

Random Thought?:  (hope I am doing this right, Noxian will murder me if I screw this up..)
Oooh everyone's so interesting in here! No wonder she likes you guys! HAI! just creeping ^_^ 

I am usually not allowed on here because she was worried about something to do with something? anyways, HAI AGAIN! 
How is everyone doing? ^_^ 

OH, and Noxian to me = Kaiser to you guys, or her real name or whatevs you call her? Razz 

omfg you guys also have coloured text on here... instantly like this site 956537892472 times more! <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:28 pm

Kaiser wrote:
Random Thought?:  (hope I am doing this right, Noxian will murder me if I screw this up..)
Oooh everyone's so interesting in here! No wonder she likes you guys! HAI! just creeping ^_^ 

I am usually not allowed on here because she was worried about something to do with something? anyways, HAI AGAIN! 
How is everyone doing? ^_^ 

OH, and Noxian to me = Kaiser to you guys, or her real name or whatevs you call her? Razz 

omfg you guys also have coloured text on here... instantly like this site 956537892472 times more! <3

Random Fact: the authorities have been notified. At this point we just have to tell them "It's those crazy Sixth Nation kids again" and they know to send out a squad car. I'm pretty sure we have our own filing cabinet for the shenanigans that go on here down at the station.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:33 pm

A... squad car? You guys have your own like... uhm what are they called... those people thingy who like create laws and then creep on people to make sure they follow them. I literally just had the name of them on the tip of my tongue! 
Ah, I will remember it eventually,

If there is a filing cabinet full of reports... that means there should be some good and crazy stories in there! I would LOVE to hear some exciting adventures! ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:46 pm

Anyone here have snapchat i find it quite entertaining
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:32 pm

Spoiler:

Laughing

This is why you are awesome.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:21 pm

Well, one of the many, many reasons. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:52 pm

RF: Waking up in an empty house... stuffed toys all around, mysterious pink text on the nation, my little pony still playing on the tv... ALRIGHT, WHO LET THE LITTLE KID OUT?! Razz

RF: Also.. omg why the fuq is the radio playing all the dance hits from the 90's... I don't know if I'm enjoying it or if I'm cringing at how... lovely... some of these songs are  No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:22 pm

RF: Got a call from Windows Services
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Made the IT person in the house mess with him for 20 min. An entertaining way to start a Saturday. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:36 pm

Oh man I would have had fun with that. I'd be asking him what operating system I'm running, what my IP address is, and etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:13 pm

I screw with these guys all the time. Usually I'll end the call with letting them know I think they are MFing scam artists who should please die, or I take 5 minutes to "walk" to my office and another 5 minutes to boot my computer then I ask them if Ubuntu , or Apple computers are affected. It depends on my mood but my kiddo gets highly entertained when I screw with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:15 pm

I screw with these guys all the time. Usually I'll end the call with letting them know I think they are MFing scam artists who should please die, or I take 5 minutes to "walk" to my office and another 5 minutes to boot my computer then I ask them if Ubuntu , or Apple computers are affected. It depends on my mood but my kiddo gets highly entertained when I screw with them.
Oh man I would have had fun with that. I'd be asking him what operating system I'm running, what my IP address is, and etc.

See? I'm not hip to all this computer geek lingo, so I wouldn't know what to ask, or how to f**** with him.
I'd just be sitting here all " Is my shit fixed or what, man? Shrug"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:35 pm

rt apparently they have announced that obesity is a disease..... I find this to be bull shit I'm sorry but its not a disease you let your self or your children eat terriable food and don't do anything to change it . Its laziness and bad parenting .

now we will get to hear well I can't help it little Tommy is shoving potato chips into his mouth at the rate of a jet engine sucking air , he has a disease .

I can tell you that a lot of foods have changed over the years. They are processed to the max with all sorts of stuff especially sugar, fat and salt. "Little Tommy" is guzzling Coke and eating chips because he is being subjected to substances that act the same way as drugs on a human. Food is drugs ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:44 pm

RF: Mikko headbutted me again.
Spoiler:

RT: Tis my own fault for rough housing him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dingo
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:23 am

RF: Mikko headbutted me again.
Spoiler:

RT: Tis my own fault for rough housing him
You just need to buy 1 thing a hockey mask.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:03 am

rt apparently they have announced that obesity is a disease..... I find this to be bull shit I'm sorry but its not a disease you let your self or your children eat terriable food and don't do anything to change it . Its laziness and bad parenting .

now we will get to hear well I can't help it little Tommy is shoving potato chips into his mouth at the rate of a jet engine sucking air , he has a disease .

I can tell you that a lot of foods have changed over the years. They are processed to the max with all sorts of stuff especially sugar, fat and salt. "Little Tommy" is guzzling Coke and eating chips because he is being subjected to substances that act the same way as drugs on a human. Food is drugs ?

o I know I have read this stuff before how a lot of foods trigger chemical releases in your brain equal to drugs , but still if your letting your kid mow down on these things until they are over weight and you don't do anythig to regulate this . The child isn't obese because its now a "disease" they are like that because of bad parenting . Its just going to give people a bigger excuse now to not fix the issue imo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:22 am

So I was obese for a short period of my life because of "bad parenting" I actually found out it's in my body genetically, my bones also weight slightly more than "normal" people's do so I will never weigh anything on the lighter scale of the "average" weight, I will always be slightly heavier than I want to be, and I have a large frame from that as well because I literally have slightly bigger bones, and you'd be surprised at how much of a difference it makes in a body... would me saying I'm big boned also be a case of "bad parenting"?

Sure there's some parents who just let their kiddos inhale food, but my mum actually was giving myself and my siblings rather healthy food, yet I gained a lot of weight from even just being vegetarian and I later found out it was a combination of my bones, genetics as well as overactive hormones.. and I was only 12.

For some people obesity is an actual "disease" and it sucks being obese and spending every moment you can dieting, overexercising and all that to try and get to even just an average weight.. it took me years to lose just a couple kilos.. and now that my body has settled, yes I'm still slightly overweight, but I now get to deal with an eating disorder and battling that because I became obsessed with continuing these habits even when my doctor was like "now that your body is more settled it will be easier to maintain your current weight" I would get relentlessly teased about being fat, and told that my parents were horrible and should stop feeding me, put me on a diet, etc. So I stopped eating, overexercised even more and here I am today... now its a completely different story, my parents literally try to force feed me fatty foods because I now need to gain weight to avoid ending up in hospital..
heh, I avoided fatty foods for most of my life, and now I'm stuck trying to eat them.

I might not be obese right now, but maybe I will be again in the future, my children in the future could be, or they could even have my mental health issues, might get an eating disorder like me... because for me its genetic. A lot of my "diseases" and disorders are genetic and I cannot control them as much as I'd like to... so its an everyday struggle to be "normal" to be a normal person, at a normal health range, with normal thoughts and a normal life...

its like a 50-50 situation when it comes to obesity though.
Some people choose to be obese, they just simply love food and are like #yolo and eat and do as they please.
For others like me, its genetic and then trying to deal with it becomes emotionally overwhelming and they either hardly eat and become very sick, and lose not just weight but muscle mass and deal with all the nasty side effects of an ED, or they become even more obese and binge eat away their feelings... and then deal with even more diseases and disorders that comes along with that. 

Even being in a healthy weight range now, I have heart issues because I have an eating disorder, so literally my health was 10 times better when I was obese than it is now that I'm in a normal weight range... how screwed up is that? 

I just think sometimes people tend to think just because someone is overweight immediately means they are unhealthy.. that wasn't the case for me, and isn't the case for some other close family members and friends I know... I'd rather be healthy and considered obese, than "normal weight range" and suffering from heart problems and all the rest of it... and it sure as hell wasn't caused by "bad parenting" Rolling Eyes 

That's just my personal opinion and feelings... Shrug
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:09 pm

I eat extremely healthy aside from my soda addiction and i still have issues with my weight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:25 pm

o I know I have read this stuff before how a lot of foods trigger chemical releases in your brain equal to drugs , but still if your letting your kid mow down on these things until they are over weight and you don't do anythig to regulate this . The child isn't obese because its now a "disease" they are like that because of bad parenting . Its just going to give people a bigger excuse now to not fix the issue imo
 If we were just talking about kids, I might think you were 100 percent right. However the whole adult population in the USA has the same problem. Most people dont know how all these additives work on our body, as the article says there are like 50 types of additives that are sugars. In the USA it is a lot more expensive to eat healthy then it is to eat additive laden food. I remember going to my kids high school a few years back, this high school had kids from upper middle class households for the most part, their  families who are pretty highly educated. I wanted a bottle water and all the machines were laden with soda and candy and chips, no water to be found. Our GOP governor vetoed a bill regulating what could be in vending machines in elementary and junior high schools for crying out loud. This epidemic is more than just "bad parenting". We need to regulate GMO foods, and control what additives are being put into things. Lifestyles have changed I am old enough to remember when there was one parent making the $ and another caretaking and being home. Now most people have 2 working parents or are single parents. After working their asses off they go to fast food because it is convenient. Can we blame these parents who have to work because wages have dropped so much in the last 30 years or so that it takes 2 people working  to finance a family? Food has changed , You think you are eating healthy and you are feeding or eating crap. That is not the fault of bad parenting. Last week I looked for ketchup and tomato sauce that did not have sugar as an additive in 2 stores ... there were none to be found. When food suppliers are investigating how to create addictions in food there is a problem...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:55 pm

Kaiser i feel your taking this out of context im not saying every case of obesity is " bad parenting "Rolling Eyes. I know there are people that have genetic problems and thyroid issues as i have stated before i get it ( please don't take things so personal it wasn't an attack by any means ) I have a great friend that's obese and he is doing things to correct it and taking a stance . I am just stating that i don't believe it should be called a disease . I feel it would create more of an excuse for people to just wave it by o nothing i can do its just a disease etc etc.  

I guess i was just raised different when i was a kid we still had snacks and soda junk food, but it was portioned we couldn't  just grab a bunch and mow down till or stomach was full . Everything in moderation isn't bad for you but that's the issue a lot of people don't know how to moderate them self's or there children.  We as a human race have become more of a sedentary life style and we have become okay with it.  

Rr i agree that having vending machines in schools with just soda is ridiculous , they don't need soda in those machines even gatorade and powerade are packed full of sugar. and yes a lot of people dont know that high furctose corn syrup is in almost everything on the shelfs now a days . As for the parents getting fast food is more convenient , it sure is but it is also more expensive and terrible for you . When i was a kid we got fast food once a week that was it . now parents are getting it almost every night of the week . So its okay to put convenience in front of there kids health ? ( once again im not asking this in a harsh tone or trying to make any personal attacks ) My father worked 40 to 60 hours a week was taking night courses at a local college and he still had time to make us dinner ever night .

Also i am no means the peak of physical perfection
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:28 pm

We had a vending machine that sold Milk2Go. It was there for a year and a half before it was taken away. It sold out faster than the machines that sold pop. :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!   

Back to top Go down

New Random Thoughts and Facts Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: