Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) Empty
PostSubject: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 4:21 pm

So uh, anyone here play Fallout 76 on PC?

All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) Fo7610

Embarassed

I've also been playing Fallout 4 since I only played it through once back when it was released. I need achievements and more story content. I'm currently on a playthrough that just has cosmetic or game stabilization/bug fixing mods.
Back to top Go down
TuxGirl
Seventh Nation
TuxGirl

Nation Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 9:27 am

Azira wrote:
So uh, anyone here play Fallout 76 on PC?

All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) Fo7610

Embarassed

I've also been playing Fallout 4 since I only played it through once back when it was released. I need achievements and more story content. I'm currently on a playthrough that just has cosmetic or game stabilization/bug fixing mods.

Play? Yes - obsessively. PC? No...I am not coordinated enough.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 5:48 am

Ive only played a bit of 4. Its the only FO ive tried. But I did enjoy what I played. I think it was through PSNow, so once I let the subscription lapse I never got to finish it.

I wanted to try 76 but it buggy nature at launch kept me away.
Back to top Go down
TuxGirl
Seventh Nation
TuxGirl

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 7:48 am

It does get buggy at times. I will typically play on private servers until I am done doing what needs to be done. Then I wander and look at camps. I was playing more on public servers but the increased amount of "it's part of the wasteland" trap camp mentality that is increasing is turning me off. If I wanted grief, I would play pvp. I want exploration, discover, recovery, and building. If you ever want to play agin and need a private server, hit me up when I am on and you can have at it. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 1:49 pm

Found Fallout 4 at a discount bin at Walmart for a couple of bucks last year. Been excited to play but haven't gotten around to it yet.

What's one piece of advice you'd give before playing ?
Back to top Go down
TuxGirl
Seventh Nation
TuxGirl

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptyThu Aug 12, 2021 11:08 am

Hold off finding Preston. Seriously. The man runs you around while you are trying to do other quests. If you do rescue him and his crew, keep the settlements your help to a minimum. At least at first. Again, he runs you around. I sneak a lot. Not lying, I sneak so much I worried for my knees. I slowly radiated out from vault 111. I hung out in the Red Rocket by myself for the most part. Having a partner is great. Just remember you skew their love of you by your choices until they are loyal to you.
Add some of the customizations/mods (weather, stability, etc.) to enhance your game. If you get the DLCs, I liked the Nuka World and Build ones the best. Far Harbor is meh. If you get stuck, LMK and I will help how I can.

Honestly - enjoy yourself and explore as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptyThu Aug 12, 2021 1:45 pm

It's hard to avoid finding Preston, but it's also not absolutely necessary to do so. What you can avoid is doing his Radiant Quests (the Bethesda term for randomly generated quests that aren't tied strongly to the plot). The first few for him will have you building up your own settlement, which isn't a bad idea. But the more settlements he sends you to take, the more of a headache it becomes. So, you can always say "Not right now." or similar when he wants you to go take on another one.

As for advice, be careful what skills you increase. It's not that increasing any of them is bad, so much as it is that the game has a problem with balance. See, it lets you pick whatever leveling perks you want, be they combat oriented or not. But then it also goes ahead and balances combat based on your total level. So, you might be really good at picking locks, hacking, or bartering, but the game is *pretty sure* you're also a rough and hardy fighter and throws enemies at you accordingly.
So, I suggest balancing your combat and non-combat perks as you level up.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptyThu Aug 12, 2021 2:13 pm

This Preston guy sounds interesting lol. Seems like nobody has too high of an opinion on him. I'll be sure to practice safe social distancing if I encounter him.

I'll be sure to soak it in and get immersed, Tux! Looking forward to being able to pick up on some of those references Wink

And thanks for that tip, Cobalt. It seems like in many open world games that your overall combat is pretty tied to your level, so I'll be sure to not ignore that.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptyThu Aug 12, 2021 11:25 pm

Preston's a good guy. It's just really easy to not get that his radiant quests are random and not part of the main story early on. So, he could have you running all over the Commonwealth, taking over territories you're not ready to hold with the resources at your disposal. Left a bad impression on a lot of people.
Back to top Go down
TuxGirl
Seventh Nation
TuxGirl

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 8:06 am

Agreed. The one benefit of having all of the various settlements was making the caravans slog stuff all over so you can just dump junk in one and grab it from another.
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 11:27 am

I'd make sure to pick up combat-related perks as early as I can, damage then weapon/armour modding.

Preston is one of the least liked companions, but it's not his fault. Bethesda went overboard with the quest-giving so lots of people give him a wide berth. Collecting the settlements to dump stuff is handy, but you need a perk to connect them. I just fast-travel back to Sanctuary Hills when I want to dump things and half the time there's a merchant there for me to sell stuff too.
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Loyalist
Loyalist
A_Bloody_Bunny

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptySat Aug 14, 2021 7:40 pm

Play it straight out of the box … you’ll learn to dislike Preston, but the quest line is ok.

Play it again and treat him like he has the plague.
Play it a third time and flip the table on whichever faction you joined the last time.
DLC was a nice addition and gets a few more play throughs 😂
Back to top Go down
SparklyBazongaz,
Loyalist
Loyalist
SparklyBazongaz,

Nation Reputation : 39

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 9:53 am

Currently replaying the original Fallout games. Finished Fallout not long ago, now I'm on Fallout 2 which is essentially 60 hours of reading text and running around on the map getting slapped by Radscorpions bounce

Super obsessed with it though, there's still so many exploits in game, ways to carry infinite ammo, how to get your companions to basically one shot kill everyone, money exploits thanks to bugged out missions that never got patched... the list goes on.

Just came across the NCR for the first time in FO2. I got endlessly killed the first time because you can't have weapons equiped and need to custom set your companions to be unarmed too... slightly annoying. But hey the mission payout in the end is pretty decent!

Also... Frank Horrigan... good lord, if you don't know who that beast is, ya'll are missing out! Guns firing
Back to top Go down
TuxGirl
Seventh Nation
TuxGirl

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 11:04 am

I have the, I just haven't played before FO3. Worth it?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 4:22 am

I have always wanted to play the first ones myself. New Vegas is still my favourite though
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 12:45 pm

I finally got another one another an update stole my last one.
Spoiler:
I got my in-game Danse cosplay and I have my pet back. Life is good in Appalachia. I love you
Back to top Go down
TuxGirl
Seventh Nation
TuxGirl

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 6:33 pm

Nice! I had one spawn under my new camp. I could not adopt it. Try as I might. Perk card is on, but it must not be one available to adopt. ? - have you had a sloth and if so, which do you prefer?
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptyMon Sep 13, 2021 12:08 am

You can only tame random-encounter spawns, with the perk card, and high charisma helps. Both my deathclaws came from a random encounter spot just north of Fort Atlas.

I haven't had a sloth but I did have a radtoad for a little while.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

Nation Reputation : 30

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptyWed Sep 15, 2021 3:01 pm

I'm with Liam, New Vegas is still my favourite. Replayed it this year and it's sooooo good. I've tried to get into 1 and 2 but the UI feels so outdated - honestly a proper remaster would do wonders for them.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 7:55 am

Lod wrote:
I have always wanted to play the first ones myself. New Vegas is still my favourite though
Lesus!!! Yes, New Vegas = best fallout so far I concur!! All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) 811307
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 7:59 am

Im back on 76, and yep still buggy. Im in the middle of a main quest and bam server kicks me out. Fml. But i keep going back so its my fault
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 1:04 pm

I've been noticing the severs are a little wonky this week, and I play daily.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 1:34 pm

Hi Azira! Yes still wonkers. I even paid for Fallout First- still the same bugginess. facepalm2
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 6:22 pm

Hey Sponge. Smile

I can't justify the costs of First... although I want the Enclave intel officer uniform so badly. Mad
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)   All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76) EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 10:42 pm

Azira wrote:
Hey Sponge. Smile

I can't justify the costs of First... although I want the Enclave intel officer uniform so badly. Mad
Yeah i know right, i got the ranger so far its pretty rad, but still working on that one. If i see you on ill send invite because im a super newb and I need someone to show me the ropes! Laughing
Back to top Go down

All things Fallout (3 / New Vegas / 4 / 76)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top