Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Help wanted

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Help wanted   Help wanted EmptySun Aug 29, 2021 6:43 am

So....I've been thinking about restarting up a graphics team. Not so much for on site signatures like back in the day but I'm sure there would be a little of that too.
Really just wondering if we have one or two people still holding the PhotoShop skills needed to help make all our banners, page headers, buttons, etc.
Now that the actual clan is building and we have ourselves set up across different medias it would really help to have a designated graphics team.
Designing us an official logo to brand this thing is also something Id like to discuss. If anyone is intrested please let me know.
Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
xRealm
Third Nation
xRealm

Nation Reputation : 4

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help wanted   Help wanted EmptySun Aug 29, 2021 12:39 pm

If this was a year ago, I would’ve offered a hand. Alas, I don’t have the hardware or software to do any graphics design anymore. Hope you find the people needed Smile
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help wanted   Help wanted EmptySun Aug 29, 2021 1:59 pm

Unfortunately not experienced or skilled in that area. Good luck finding those who are well suited to help!
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help wanted   Help wanted EmptySun Aug 29, 2021 2:03 pm

Ive had some luck in the FB group. Thanks though guys.
Back to top Go down
Fack_Off
Second Nation
Fack_Off

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help wanted   Help wanted EmptySun Aug 29, 2021 3:07 pm

I commented on the Facebook post too but I'll comment here 🤪. Available to help when I can.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help wanted   Help wanted EmptySun Aug 29, 2021 4:09 pm

Fack_Off wrote:
I commented on the Facebook post too but I'll comment here 🤪. Available to help when I can.

Yup and its super appreciated.

Atthiss point Im trying to kind of work a few things out in my head and prioritizing. My hope had been to literally reinstate the graphics group and get a few hands that can reside and work here. Since you are the one who I know can, I would most likely slap you into the head of the graphics group, give you guys space behind the scenes to work and coordinate with us, etc. But the other two volunteers are not registered here. Although I guess you are all in the FB group. Thinking

Forum lay out and color is a thing Im churning around. We can make the forum look less old school and more "blog" looking. Not having done it idk what that would look like, but all buttons etc etc would need to be done.
Do we just keep the look and only do color changes? I dont mind losing the yellow, but then again, that route has us needing all new buttons too.

Then universal banners and a logo that can be applied across all our different groups on all the other sites. Theres a lot. Looking at the bigger picture from an admin stand point, building you a team is my first step. And then find a place you can all communicate easily and in the same place?

Ideas, imput, your experience...all is appreciated in these matters.
Back to top Go down
Fack_Off
Second Nation
Fack_Off

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help wanted   Help wanted EmptySun Aug 29, 2021 4:55 pm

SixHousePull wrote:
Fack_Off wrote:

Yup and its super appreciated.

Atthiss point Im trying to kind of work a few things out in my head and prioritizing. My hope had been to literally reinstate the graphics group and get a few hands that can reside and work here. Since you are the one who I know can, I would most likely slap you into the head of the graphics group, give you guys space behind the scenes to work and coordinate with us, etc. But the other two volunteers are not registered here. Although I guess you are all in the FB group.  Thinking

Forum lay out and color is a thing Im churning around. We can make the forum look less old school and more "blog" looking. Not having done it idk what that would look like, but all buttons etc etc would need to be done.
Do we just keep the look and only do color changes? I dont mind losing the yellow, but then again, that route has us needing all new buttons too.

Then universal banners and a logo that can be applied across all our different groups on all the other sites. Theres a lot. Looking at the bigger picture from an admin stand point, building you a team is my first step. And then find a place you can all communicate easily and in the same place?

Ideas, imput, your experience...all is appreciated in these matters.

For sure. Just getting kids ready for bed and the wife needs the computer to start editing a wedding she photographed yesterday. Then I'll have a sit down and put some thoughts together.

Help wanted 200.gif?cid=aa094c25vgcfmy7wmok95afw92t29ly1dm2q2blk0rj5yfhq&rid=200
Back to top Go down
Fack_Off
Second Nation
Fack_Off

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help wanted   Help wanted EmptySun Aug 29, 2021 11:49 pm

Alrighty fell asleep putting kid to bed lol. I'm old now. Definitely agree on needing some graphic updates. I think most people associate with the yellow at this point but we can certainly play around with it some.

It would probably be easiest to find a pre-built theme and then it can be customized. If I knew phpBB stuff like I know Wordpress I could ground up build it but I don't haha. Definitely need to find a responsive theme as there is definitely a disconnect between the desktop and mobile experience. I personally am predominantly a mobile user for the forum. Not sure how that goes with others but probably something to keep in mind.

Something like this is pretty clean and possibly a good starting point. There's quite a few options out there, though, to choose from. Then we can do some customizing to give whatever custom icons, buttons, and colour theming is desired.

I just Googled "responsive phpbb themes" and there are tons of options out there. There are also some really nice paid themes if you want to go down that road lol. This one in particular has a nice blog feel to it.
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

Nation Reputation : 67

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help wanted   Help wanted EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 5:10 am

The * this one* has a nice feel. And $17 isn't too bad.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help wanted   Help wanted EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 5:43 am

I think our "blog version" looks very similar to the one you posted. I guess we can give it a trial, see how it looks, and go from there.
At this point I think I would rather just get you Red Fack, so you hace the tools you would need. Get in on these background discussions. Say the word and it's done.
In the meantime let's flip the switch and see what we look like in FMs blog format. We can always put it back.

Back to top Go down
Fack_Off
Second Nation
Fack_Off

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help wanted   Help wanted EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:07 am

Yeah, for sure. Give 'er.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help wanted   Help wanted EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:41 am

It seems to have done nothing although inhavent looked into the actual blog settings yet. Just turned it on. But idk ...aside from icons missing off the board descriptions i dont see a difference
Back to top Go down
Fack_Off
Second Nation
Fack_Off

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help wanted   Help wanted EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:47 am

I can take a look later tonight if you want. My day is pretty done in and it's not even 9am yet lol.
Back to top Go down

Help wanted

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sixth Nation Gaming :: News in the Nation :: Things You Should Know-
Jump to: