The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlitos
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:33 pm

I was playing Uncharted 2 online, and got killed by a level 60 with Situational Awareness. I told him, wow your real good with that booster. I then killed him, and he said, hey cheeseburger brain! Who are you to call me out when you use invalid AND half loaded???!!! That was the funniest thing that ever happened when I was playing videogames. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:13 pm

I was playing an Engineer in Team Fortress 2 when this sniper got me. I wasn't too fussed about it.

Spoiler:

Laughing

My best screeshot ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eve
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 26

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:36 pm

man i need a playstation eye, i could have so any good screen shots Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
man i need a playstation eye, i could have so any good screen shots Very Happy= :D

You can take screenshots with a PSEye? Shocked

That's a PC shot btw. We have the Orange Box on Steam.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eve
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 26

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:14 pm

ah,
and yeah, my friend has a PSEye and he takes pictures w/ it. pree coolio :afro:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omega9
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:00 pm

Its funny when the cleric goes Batman in the final encounter of the campaign.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:17 pm

???
His parents are killed in front of him?
He stalks the night striking fear into the hearts of criminals?
He gives up any real chance of a social life?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:25 am

o.O The sterotype already has...

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
View user profile
omega9
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:54 pm

???
His parents are killed in front of him?
He stalks the night striking fear into the hearts of criminals?
He gives up any real chance of a social life?
First: Thats more or less a major part of his backstory.
Second: Not really. He did participate in the hobo incident....
Third: Yes. His character traveled with the rest of us.

Okay, the final encounter pretty much went like this:
-Four party members go into the ritual chamber of the big bad evil guy, an insane blue dragon thats about to destroy with world using an artifact and god-killing magic. The other two are hiding behind a door.
-Wizard miraculously manages to bluff his way into convincing the BBEG that we defected from the guys that we worked for, and will help her destroy the world.
-Wizard and BBEG walk over to massive ritual circle, and the room that we were in DROPS INTO PIECES.
-We are now falling through the air toward armageddon at terminal velocity.
-Cleric proceeds to fly through the air batman style and dropkicks an enemy to his death.
-I run over and kill a minion or two.
-Wizard betrays us, and starts fighting on the side of the BBEG Evil or Very Mad
-Paladin runs toward evil artifact that was once the hand of the god of undeath, and procedes to try to destroy it by bashing it to pieces with her artifact sword of good.
-Barbarian and two weapon ranger kill all the other enemies around...
-...except for the two that the cleric shishkabobed with his spear as they tried to jump through the air at him.
-Fighting with wizard and dragon (wizard is riding the dragon) ensues. Paladin focus's on the artifact, cleric heals, barbarian and ranger beat on the dragon, I sit back and try to hit the wizard when he's in range (this was a shitty fight for me).
-Eventually, the hand artifact is destroyed, and goes kaboom, killing the wizard and doing MASSIVE damage to everyone but me. Dragon is knocked back, and everyone else is knocked into the air and falling to their dooms. Half of them are unconscious.
-Cleric uses his spear (which extends) to polevault across the pieces of falling platforms and saves half the party.
-I jump on the dragons back, and attempt to break its wings. Doesn't work, since I do shit for damage and all of my best attacks actually heal the dragon.
-Backup appears, and the dragon gets blasted within an inch of its life while everyone else gets rescued.
-I pull the dragons spine out.
-End encounter.

I later ground the spine into a protein shake. Finally got it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:18 pm

That....

was awesome.

What I wouldn't give for a solid group like that in this area. Very Happy= :D

Back to top Go down
View user profile
omega9
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:57 am

We have a LOT of good players in my area. Although we also have some not so good players, like the barbarian who tries to be sneaky and throw two handed weapons without the right feats. -_-

Another funny story: I DMed my first game the other day, and was very suprised by the results.

The party consists of a rogue, a swordsage, a paladin, a barbarian, and a bard. The encounter looked like this:

-Party enters a cave. There are stalagmites that are stained with blood, a pool of water lies in the middle of the cave, and they can barely see a semi-hidden passageway in the back.
-The rogue hides in a corner, the barbarian investigates a stalagmite next to the water, and the paladin moves forward a bit.
-The tentacle monster hiding in the pool of water attacks the three of them, hits all three, and grapples all of them, and begins crushing them to death.
-The paladin and the barbarian break free by severing the tentacles. The rogue tries to escape, but can't.
-The bard uses alter self to change herself into a lizardfolk, AND THEN DIVES INTO THE POOL TO FIGHT THE MONSTER. This is where things begin to go horribly wrong.
-The barbarian rages, and jumps in as well.
-The bard gets grappled by the tentacle monster, squeezed, fails a few throws, and immediately starts to drown. One PC down, four to go.
-The barbarian gets grappled, squeezed, fails a few throws, and immediately starts to drown. Two PC's down, three to go.
-The rogue continues getting crushed, then gets impaled by the stalagmite. Drops to -6 HP. Three PC's down, two to go.
-The swordsage gets grappled, and starts getting crushed. At the rate he was taking damage, he would have died.
-The paladin finally gets the bright idea to try and pull the monster out of the water onto land, where it would be at a disadvantage. Unfortunately, he fails the check.
-I decide to throw them a bone, and have the monster surface. The paladin then hits it with a full round attack, and brings it down to 4 HP from 63.
-I throw them another bone, and have the tentacle monster try and dive, giving the paladin an attack of opportunity. Monster dies.

In my first ever encounter, I nearly wipe a party. I've learned two things:
1. I am a lethal DM.
2. Never overestimate a PC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:21 pm

"Three PCs down, two to go."
This is not the appropriate DM attitude!!!one!
You're supposed to kill them all at once so that no one feels singled out. Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile
omega9
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:31 pm

I didn't actually kill any of the characters in that encounter, since I wanted them to see the rest of the dungeon. But if I wanted to, only the paladin would have survived.

And I prefer giving people the feeling that everything is slowly going to hell, and that theres not a damn thing that they can do about it. Killing everyone at once is too quick and painless. Razz

A they would've TPKed later anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:39 pm

TPK?

And yeah, you really can't overestimate people. It can take forever for them to find the simplest things. Of course, what I think is simple and what my players think is simple can be worlds apart. Embarassed

Back to top Go down
View user profile
omega9
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:44 pm

TPK?

And yeah, you really can't overestimate people. It can take forever for them to find the simplest things. Of course, what I think is simple and what my players think is simple can be worlds apart. Embarassed
TPK: Total Party Kill.

I know how that is, and I've done some stupid stuff myself. Namely going down a hallway thats magically darkened by myself. It almost ended badly.

Oh, and then theres the broom of doom story. That was a good one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:27 pm

Broom of Doom? Do I really wanna know? Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kidchimera00
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 14

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:19 pm

Broom of Doom? Omega9 is gonna tell another story! **Grabs popcorn**
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omega9
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:52 pm

The Broom of Doom story is apart of a larger story about one of our dungeon crawls.

Our group had just entered the crypt of a cleric-turned-lich in an effort to find the lich, and see if we could stop whatever him and his cult were up to. We enter the crypt, and the wizard (who is in love with himself) casts detect magic. The Dm tells him that there is plenty of mild abjuration around the crypt, and some mild evocation. For those of you who don't play DnD, abjuration is the magic of protection, and evocation is the magic of large, squishy killing explosions. Naturally, no one in the group picked up on this. We searched the room for anything of value, and the wizard noticed that a sarcophigus in back had some hidden latches on it. The paladin comes over to take point if its a passage way, the rogue checks for traps, and finds none. They open it up, and the wizard says, "Do we find anything?" The DM then holds up a notebook and says, "You see the following written on the back."

I PREPARED EXPLODING RUNES WHEN I BUILT THIS TOMB.

Exploding runes is a spell that, once read by anyone but the caster, explodes; its effectively like sticking your face in C4 thats about to go off. And because the wizard, the most easily killed member of the party, is reading it, he takes the blast right to the face. This sends him flying backwards, and puts him at -4 HP. The rogue and paladin take damage as well, but they don't end up nearly as bad.
The cleric (funny story later) revives the wizard, and we continue down the passage way that was openned up by the blast.

We go down a ways, and come to a fork in the path. We go left, run into a group of low-level undead, utterly annihilate them, and find a secret passage way hidden by magical darkness. We eventually find the treasure room, which contains some magical armor, weapons of various sorts, and a chest that clearly has magic items inside. The wizard, wanting first dibs, proclaims that he will use the spell Knock to open the chest. The barbarian then steps forward, and proclaims that he will use his fists to smash the chest open. The two begin arguing. Whilst they are doing this, the rogue picks the lock and opens the chest. The wizard then uses spells to identify the items, and they are distributed accordingly.

The last item is a broom. When we see this, I ask the Dm if its a Broom of Doom. He looks at me amused, and says that it is not. He does, however, say that the broom is enchanted with flying. In game, only the wizard knows this. He then uses an unseen servant to try to convince us that its actually a broom of cleaning, and fails miserably. We let him keep it anyway. We go back, and continue down the other passage way. The paladin (who's new to the group) is up front.
DM: "Step down, and the tile below you depresses. You hear a ticking sound."
This sends the party into panic mode. Half the party runs back the way we came. Some try vainly to counter weight the trap; nothing is heavy enough. I run back down the hall to grab a corpse to use. The trap springs, and the paladin falls into a pit of poisoned spikes. He is just laying there moaning in pain. I laughed out of character. Now we need to get across the pit and pull the paladin out. The wizard gets the bright idea to use his flying broom to get across. Instead of going across, the broom goes up, smashes the wizard against the top of the passage way, and then starts beating the shit out of him when he hits the ground. No one comes to his aid.
The broom gets the wizard down to 1 HP when I come back with a corpse laying across my shoulders. Seeing the fight going on, I run past them, look into the pit, and tell the paladin that we'll be with him shortly. I then throw the corpse at the wizard, accidentally killing the broom.
Me, to the DM: "Damn it, IT WAS A BROOM OF DOOM!!!"

We later find our way to the main sactuary of the crypt, were a hell of a fight happened. We almost lost the wizard (again), and I got mind controled by one of the enemies (this has happened every session for the last three weeks). After I knock out the last enemy with a shoryuken a la Street Fighter, we inspect the crypt. On the alter, the cleric finds a book, and before the DM finishes describing it, the cleric picks it up.
DM: "You take XXX damage and are rendered insane."
Cleric: But all I did was touch it! How could it be that evil!?!?
DM: "THe book is made out of human skin!!!
Cleric: Shocked
As it turns out, this is a copy of the book of vile darkness, a minor artifact that can seriously screw with non-evil characters. For safe keeping, I put it in my backpack (which has now been emptied) without touching it.
Shortly thereafter, the blackguard (evil paladin) that I didn't kill wakes up, and after some minor shenanigans, we begin interogating him. While this is happening, an arguement over moral relativity starts up, and the cleric, now better, steals my bag and dumps the book on the prisoner.
Cleric: What happens?
Dm: Nothing.
Cleric: "HA! He IS evil! Now I put the book back in the bag."
Everyone: "YOU IDIOT!!!"
DM: "You go insane again, start screaming "evil", and start attacking your allies."
The cleric then starts firing his newly acquired minigun at the wizard, and we knock him cold (again). This greatly entertains the prisoner (and me, and the rogue, and....) and embarasses him at the same time, since we managed to capture him. We then explore two more rooms with nothing in them, and leave the crypt with the prisoner.

I'll tell you what happens next once I have the next game on friday.

[/walloftext]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:19 pm

Excited
bounce

Back to top Go down
View user profile
omega9
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:21 pm

I take it you were amused. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:24 pm

Little bit, yeah.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
omega9
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:30 pm

Now its your turn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:15 am

I'll try and get the old brain workin' again.
Let's see...A little duct tape, some blunt trauma, a fork in the socket...
*clank* *rumble*
Hmm.
I'll try and have something up by tomorrow. Here's hoping it'll be as entertaining.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:00 pm

I guess I could tell you about the time I decided my cleric was the Fullmetal Alchemist.
D&D, I was playing a dwarven cleric. Hadn't done this before so I was going through and reading up on all the spells. Came across Shape Stone (or some such. Can't remember) that basically let me move around a certain amount of rock to shape it to my whim based on my level. I made it my goal to get this spell and then use it at every chance, even going so far as to ask the DM if I could scrap all my other spells and get their levels worth of these. He declined. Sad I made up for it with annoying questions such as "How many two inch spikes can I make? I'm level XX."
Anyway, our task was to clear a dwarven stronghold of Orcs. (Ho hum, you know. The Usual.) We had a fairly large party at the time with two paladins, a monk, a ranger, two spellcasters (again, can't remember which kind), and me. Plus we're being escorted by about 20 dwarven fighters whose stronghold this is.
Well, we're in a large hall with a dais at the end that has a throne on top. We're inspecting the throne and the ranger finds a hidden door behind it. About this time there is a bunch of noise at the other end of the hall, and a particularly large Orc comes in accompanied by a few other normal ones. The party sets about fighting them off and kills the little ones with a fair amount of ease. The bigger one is giving the others trouble though, having badly wounded one of the paladins. I wait until he's distracted and decided to make a hole under him. Now, I could have simply left it a hole, but I wasn't content with that. He was pretty large and might have easily climbed out. I needed a deeper hole, but that would mean I had to move more dirt.
An idea occurred.
Move LESS dirt.
Instead of moving dirt into a hole shape, I began moving it away from him and raising a small wall around it as I did so to make it harder for him to jump away. The tricky part was keeping the part where he was standing stable until the last minute. When everything was ready I let it collapse and he fell.
Onto the sharp spike of earth that I purposely didn't move.
He was impaled. From the bottom up. Shocked
We have just enough time to loot everything when the chamber just floods with Orcs. We all retreat through the secret door. I wait until the last second to buy us some time. This is where my question from earlier comes into play. Just as the front runners reach the dais, I turn all the steps to spikes before retreating and closing the door off with my last earth spell.

The story continues on the next exciting episode of Fullmetal Midget.
Dun dun DUNNNNN!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
omega9
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:10 pm

Does he get mad when people make fun of his size?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.   

Back to top Go down

Adventures in Nerdery. Your funny gaming moments.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: