The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:47 am

Warning do not update your PS3 to ver. 4.45 it has been bricking PS3's of all types. An update/patch is supposedly coming out asap but check around before you install anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nobody
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:58 am

I updated. its a rather useless update anyways. this late into the console life cycle, and now they add the ability to disable trophy notifications?

side note, apparently it ends up happening to people who upgraded their HDDs. I didnt and I updated without a problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wadey
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:35 am

If I choose not to update will I still be able to plat online?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:50 am

No. You have to update to play online. I believe they pulled the update anyway. I received no notification to perform an update.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wadey
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:57 am

Cool
I just got on my ps3 and no update prompted.
Just a bl2 update
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rrwatch
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I updated. its a rather useless update anyways. this late into the console life cycle, and now they add the ability to disable trophy notifications?

side note, apparently it ends up happening to people who upgraded their HDDs. I didnt and I updated without a problem.

I've upgraded my HDD and I've yet to do the update.. If Sony had their act together, and provided some decent backup software it probably wouldn't be a problem. I don't know one person who was able to put all the contents of their old HDD onto the newly installed upgraded HDD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:52 pm

Firmware Update 4.46 is now live. It's supposed to fix the issues caused by 4.45 and provide the ability to remove trophy notifications.

I wouldn't say it's a useless feature. A friend of mine said that trophies/the trophy notifications ruin the game for him. Better late than never.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:22 am

I downloaded it. PS3 didn't brick.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   

Back to top Go down

Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Hardware and General Discussion-