The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

User Bios..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: User Bios..   Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:35 pm

I thought this would be a good way for everyone to get to know one another a bit better.
If you're comfortable, fill out a similar message with what ever info you'd like to share.
Add things, omit things...what ever.
If these prompt discussion, please use spoiler tags to hide any quotes of a bio.
Mine is a good example, as it is lengthy. I may edit mine more in time.

Name: Brett

not too far from the windy city. 45 minute drive on a good day. There are not many good driving days in the city of Chicago, so I avoid it like it has huge lice with STDs.
I hate the city!

PSN:SixHousePull
Xbox:none
Playing Online: Mostly R2 still
Offline:
Favorite Game: To this day is the first Resident Evil.
Preferred games:FPS

I love making things. Music, writings/poetry/lyrics...forums :geek:
Sigs bars.
Its just in my blood. A strange artistic and imaginative streak.

Dislikes:
Liars!
I fuggin' hate liars! Ive always been a straight and to the point kind of person. No matter if the outcome will be good or bad. Nothing destroys character faster, and revokes my respect of and individual like a lie. I understand some white lies spare things, but in the case of big things...honesty is always the best policy.
I also don't like strawberry ice cream. Its just nasty.

Music:
Name it. Country is out all in all, but otherwise I'll listen to just about anything once.
Favorite bands include Alice in Chains, Godsmack, The Dave Mathews Band

A long branch of music makers in the family tree.
I sang in a band for about 3 or 4 years on and off. The music was good, we sounded pretty well. Just never had the time for it. Once the kids started coming it was pretty much left behind. I have to say I really enjoyed it. Its the only time Ive been able to take my own creative stuff and mix it all up with someone else. It was a great experience.

Movies
I'm really not a movie guy. I can't tell you why. Just bugs me spending money to be confined to a spot I guess. At least at home I can pause it, grab a drink, a smoke, run to the store. I pay ten buck or more, my ass is rooted in that damn bendy seat at the theater that's so damn uncomfortable, and I guess who ever makes them thinks the average width of a persons arm is 2 inches cause damn if a guy can get a real arm rest around here? And why are my feet stuck to the floor. Is that gum or a booger? What did he say cause that guys cell phone was..DONT SHUSH ME .....I hate the movies.
I dont really watch them at home either. I just feel like its a waste of time. I could be doing something, rather than watch other people do something.

TV
I kind of view t.v like movies, but not at the same level.
The only two shows Ill drop anything to watch are Rescue Me, and GhostHunters.
Even then I really dont drop things to go watch them.
If I catch them, yay. If not...no big whoop.

Food
When I do manage time to eat, I could eat pizza all day every day.
God Himself invented pizza, and saw that it was good. So on the second day he made pretzels. And He tried some, and He saw they too were good. So he said."Let there be Coca Cola!" and there was Coca Cola.

Interesting Fact
I read magazines backwards.
Not the words themselves. But Ill start at the back, and flip to the front as I scan for the things I want to really read out of it. Once I get to a featured article or something, I read normally. And the start flipping backwards (towards the front) again.
I know. Its weird.

Jobs:
Suck.
I am an Illinois licensed operator/applicator of restricted use pesticides. Needed to be a lawn guy.
In the ten years Ive serviced lawns, Ive come across just about every insect, disease, or environmental threat to turf.
I cant always tell you what it is that may be causing that weird brown spot there, but I can sure as hell Sherlock Holmes you down to 2 options.
I love this job for a few reason. I love being outdoors. Nothing better than sunshine on your face and a slight breeze on the cheek to make you feel alive. Mostly, I like it because its what I call a results job. I like seeing that what Ive done has actually done something.
I actually take great pride in the work I do.

Family
I'd rather not talk about it. I did not have a good childhood by any means.

Marital Status
Married for almost 11 years now. My wife and I have been together much longer than that.
We are complete and total opposites. The saying is true.
I have three kids.
(Nicknames)
16 Jimmy (G)
7 Nathan (Natergator..see ya later Natergator)
5 Megan (Boobear, short for boo boo bear. This kid can hurt herself while sleeping.)

Real life friends
only a couple I consider a true friend. One you all know as groovygrassguy
The other...we'll its really indifferent

Internet friends
Any and all I can find. Some I hold a little closer than others, and most of them already here.
The list is actually long, and there just isnt enough time to list them all anyhow

Favorite Quote
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow...
do good anyway
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Dj-
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Name Dan

born in Portugal
living in Canada

AGE 19 i think

PSN: djpenny1
Xbox: Thinking i have a xbox360 with no live
Playing Online: R2 or what game my PSN friends are playing
Offline: gta4
Favorite Game: big rigs
Preferred games: fun games

video games
fishing and hunting

Music:
hip hop

TV
south park

i frak up my teens years and i kindly don't want to talk about it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zotmaster
Second Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:07 pm

JB's old thread on MR might be a good start:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Screw it, here's how he had it:
Spoiler:

I'm too lazy, and possibly drunk, to fill it out/care at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:48 pm

That is an extensive list. I cant do all that now.

Either / Or

Shy or Outgoing?..............................believe it or not...shy, until I get to know someone better
Spender or Saver?...spender............ Dont need money when your dead
Books or Movies?............................ Books
Cats or Dogs?................................. I hate them both equally
Mountain or Beach?......................... I dont own either Razz
Sweet or Salty? ............................. Sweets..more specific..Mike and Ikes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-ZeeK-
Second Nation

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:48 pm

Name: Zachary or Zach or ZeeK

PSN: ZeeK-Man
Xbox: IIxZeeKxII
Playing Online: PS3 nothing right now, CoD:WaW on XBL with school friends
Offline: Rock Band, some UFC undisputed
Favorite Game: MGS series, GTA san andres, BLACK, Resistance series, Rainbow 6 vegas 1&2, CoD:MW/WaW, Lego Star wars batman indian jones.
Preferred games: FPS, Action, Adventure
Dislikes: I dunno?
Music: Foo Fighters, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, motley Crue, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rush, Stevie Ray Vaughan, The Who, Yngwie Malmsteen, Dream Theater, Guns N Roses, LOTS or Metal and stuff.
Movies: LOTS or movies to list
TV: CSI's, Family Guy, Simpsons, Future Weapons, anything on the discovory/history/military channel
Food: Kraft Mac n Cheese, Grilled Cheese, Cheese, Cheeto's, Cheese Burgers, A&W, Pepsi
Jobs: Working on it
Real life friends: they hate PS3
Internet friends: the like PS3

Last edited by -ZeeK- on Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:51 pm

So you would starve if there was no cheese......essentially.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-ZeeK-
Second Nation

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:17 pm

SixHousePull wrote:
So you would starve if there was no cheese......essentially.
probably Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daiton
First Nation
First Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:06 am

my best friend made me eat gum that he put on his balls without me knowing

i need better friends
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raistlin
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 67

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:58 am

Dude.....that sucks. Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:18 am

Daiton wrote:
my best friend made me eat gum that he put on his balls without me knowing

i need better friends

I'll say.

Now for me, this is information I would have on the bottom of my list of Things I'm willing to share on the internet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dingo
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:00 am

Done some and no colour

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:12 am

Lol some of those are funny

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Dj-
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:47 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:21 am

Raistlin wrote:
Dude.....that sucks. Suspect

Surely it chews rather than sucks?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raistlin
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:09 pm

A valid point indeed. Though a point I would rather not explore for myself hehe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raistlin
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:42 am

Mmk well I took some that I liked from the OP but then some otehr categories from other posts. So its my mashup.

Name: Cameron

Birthplace: New Westminster, BC

Eye Color: Blue

Hair color: Red/Copper

Height: 6'0 ft

Website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Taken?: I wish.

Virgin?: Am not. Though Its Been Awhile Unfortunately.....

Pets?: None atm. But I do miss my baby girl sooo much. There will never be another kitty like her. Sad

Best Friend?: I have been thankful to have many friends. However I do not value one person higher than others as each person has their own awesomeness that they share with me.

Hobbies?: oshit.....humm - Gaming, Running, Basketball, Volleyball, Amateur Photography, Kayaking, Hiking, Camping, Car singing (I rock that sh1t), basic audio/video editing, sleeping, warm showers when I'm cold, rockin to the oldies, stand-up comedy (watching), enjoying great food among many other things.

Goals?: To provide a comfortable life for myself and those close to me. There are many different paths to this end, what the means will be....time will tell.
Books/Mags?: I have over 55 Dragonlance novels but I also enjoy autobigraphies, and some mystery. As for magazines - I generally pick up the random game mag or Mens Health.

Topic You Wished You Knew More About?: Cars, World Politics and Money.

Daydreams?: These vary from day to day, moment to moment. The main ones are regarding not having any more financial worries or being lucky to have an amazing woman in my life.

Smoker?: No.

420?: No. Though I have some friends who do. I'm not against it. But its not for me.

Drinker?: Socially. I honestly don't drink too much. But when its on.....party time baby.

What Kind Of Drunk Are You?: I'm a happy, easy going drunk. I open up and some of my barriers come down once I've hit the sauce, and may say some things that usually I keep to myself. I do tend to get louder in volume but this is just because I'm enjoying the company I'm with. I laugh louder, I get excited about whatever we're talking about easier. I tend to swear a bit more as well hehe.

Get Annoyed Easily?: Depending on what the issues is, I might. But even when I'm annoyed I don't show it and I'm generally in very good control of myself. It takes a lot to get me to show my annoyance/anger. But once I'm quite mad - I do hit the roof.

Like To Travel?: I'd like to travel more actually. I havent had an opportunity to go to many places, so more would be nice.

Sing Well?: I'm not amazingly great but I am a decent singer, yes. I get even better when I'm in the car!

Want Spawn/Children?: Eventually, yes. As long as I can provide a nice home and future for them.

Performed On Stage?: I have. A few plays and improv.

PSN: ESRaistlin

Xbox: none

Playing Online: I haven't been online much lately. But mostly its been Resistance 1/2 and Guitar Hero.

Offline: Buh?

Favorite Game: Too many. Most of the games I like are in series ie: Mega Man Series, Final Fantasy Series etc.

Preferred games: TPS, FPS, Some RPG, Music, Action.

Likes: Slurpees, Coke (the drink), Sex, CSI Miami, Vancouver Canucks, Ikea, Antons Pasta (omg sex in your mouth good I swear), My PS3, My home, Money, Good Laughs, Being valued/valuable to those who know me, Light breeze on a warm day, sunsets, Phosphorescence, making others laugh, Kayaking, Archery, High ropes and this list can go on for years.....

Dislikes: Being cold, Cocky People, Traffic Jams, Waking up early, Ignorance or Those without tolerance, being low on cash (not fun).....this list can change with whatever bad might be happening on any given day....

Music: Classic/Current Rock. Some R&B/Rap, Orchestral/Instrumental.

Movies: Too many to list that I like. I prefer to see them in the theatre when I can, but if not, my big screen will suffice.

TV: Canucks games, CSI Miami, DOG The Bounty Hunter, Stand Up Comedy, Sports Highlights - I'm not much a TV guy to be honest. When I do turn on any of the listed things its because my hands are full with something. Usually eating. So because I'm eating I cant play games or be using my PC so I'll see whats on while I eat. Currently, the only thing on TV I'll look forward to or plan for would be a Canucks game. Only CSI Miami has legitimately made me interested in a TV series since I was caught up with the Ninja Turtles cartoon as a kid.

Food: Anton's pasta....soooo good. Various egg scrambles, chicken stir fry, pad thai, meat on a stick (when from the Vancouver NIght Market) or skewers, Spaghetti, and then of course is the bad but good stuff - pizza, any burger fast food joint, curly fries, ice cream, chocolate etc
Interesting Fact: I've broken my face and had a hardcore wrestling match in my high school cafeteria/commons. I was chokeslammed onto a table, and double powerbombed in front of over 600 of my schoolmates to which my principal saw me smash my best friend over the head and back with a garbage can(school property) as well as breaking a plant holder over his head. Good times!

Jobs: At heart I love working with kids/youth. Grades 5 - 9 would be my preferred age range. I'm good at it and I find true fun in that type of job. Having come from a background where I went through the full foster home system gambit, I can relate to many kids and they can recognize that. To this day I still volunteer as a camp counselor (Going up this August. Can't wait!!) and I have years of experience in many volunteer and professional roles. I am currently an account investigator for Rogers Communications ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Rogers is in Canada what AT&T and Verizon is to the US and what Orange/Vodafone is to Europe. When we have customers who are about to have thousands of dollars worth in charges on their next invoice, I freeze it, find out what it is, and, after speaking with the customer decide if the charges will be legitimate (they have to cover the charges) or if they shouldn't be. To this day the highest invoice I have waived as a goodwill gesture was $123,478.68 for data pay per use charges. Gotta love iPhones.....

Family: I'm a single child who grew up at home and in many foster/group homes.

Marital Status: Single for almost two years now. And I'm very bitter about it, I can't lie.

Real life friends: I'm lucky to have a few close friends and a good amount of acquaintences.

Internet friends: I've been lucky to meet a good amount of people over the years through various communities. Some of these people have been a lifeline at times and while many consider the interwebs to be fully of fakes, phony's and scammers, there are some really amazing people out there. And without some of them I wouldn't have gotten through some of the things I have.

Favorite Quote:

"Knowledge Is Power."

"Being Good Is Easy. Being Better or the Best; Thats the Real Challenge."

"Real Love Is Giving Someone The Power To Destroy You And Everything You've Worked For; But Trusting Them Not To."

"There's Two People In Life That I Trust. One of 'ems me. The other one's not you."

"Although It Is Hard To Believe - It Doesn't Matter How Hard You Hit - What Matters Is How Hard You Get Hit....And Then You Keep Going....."

Religion: Yes, I have my beliefs. I'm very open to discussing them, however considering many people have various views on the subject I'll keep it off of this until someone asks me more about it. I'm not one to push my beliefs on others. But I am steadfast in what I believe, though I keep quiet about it unless I'm asked and can discuss religion in a very civilized manner. I have friends that cover the plethora of religions, from Hardcore catholic to muslim to mormon. So feel free to ask me if you wish Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:34 am

Damn nice Bio Raistlin
It was cool to get to see a little more about you.
On a semi related side note, one of my closest friends in high schools name was Cam, and he too owned a lot of those
Dragon Lance books.

Some of the coincidences I find in these bios are odd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raistlin
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:51 pm

Ha! That is kind of cool Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mynameesmorty
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:12 pm

Great Bio, thanks for sharing brother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boogieman7247
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:43 pm

nice
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darkestfind
New in the Nation

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:09 am

Name: Cyndi

PSN:DarkestFind
Xbox:Darkestfind
Playing Online: Skate 2, RFOM
Favorite Game: I seem to keep returning to RFOM
Preferred games: FPS, RPG
Dislikes: Idiots
Music: I like all sorts of music....The Doors, Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, Ministry, Lordi, Combichrist, Moonspell, My Dying Bride, Manson, etc..
Movies I like all sorts of movies; Horror is probably my favorite
TV Scrubs, Smallville, Nip Tuck, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (when it was on), Lost
Food I like food
Interesting Fact I can't really do anything too interesting, but my boyfriend can lick his elbow
Jobs: I take x-rays and perform CAT scans
Family I love my family! I have two little ones and I live about a block from my parents
Marital Status Don't know if I'll ever get married....
Real life friends I only keep a few select friends
Internet friends Mostly the people we know and love here
Favorite Quote The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
George Carlin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 32

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:19 am

darkestfind wrote:
Name: Cyndi

PSN:DarkestFind
Xbox:Darkestfind
Playing Online: Skate 2, RFOM
Favorite Game: I seem to keep returning to RFOM
Preferred games: FPS, RPG
Dislikes: Idiots
Music: I like all sorts of music....The Doors, Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, Ministry, Lordi, Combichrist, Moonspell, My Dying Bride, Manson, etc..
Movies I like all sorts of movies; Horror is probably my favorite
TV Scrubs, Smallville, Nip Tuck, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (when it was on), Lost
Food I like food
Interesting Fact I can't really do anything too interesting, but my boyfriend can lick his elbow
Jobs: I take x-rays and perform CAT scans
Family I love my family! I have two little ones and I live about a block from my parents
Marital Status Don't know if I'll ever get married....
Real life friends I only keep a few select friends
Internet friends Mostly the people we know and love here
Favorite Quote The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
George Carlin

Saw him in concert some years ago. Great show.
How you been lady? Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darkestfind
New in the Nation

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:40 am

I have been doing pretty good thanks...Just trying to survive work and all the people quitting Neutral

How have you been?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:43 am

People are actually quitting work... Bloody hell most people can't find a job over here.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: User Bios..   Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:31 am

yaaaaaaaaaay cheers

People using the bio thread.
Back to top Go down