Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Basic Forum Features

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

Basic Forum Features - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 7:41 am

psn is down, it still connects to the internet just fine
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 7:52 am

facepalm2
Yeah I copped on to what I was asking after a while and decided to punish myself by leaving my stupidity viewable.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 6:54 pm

Just the ps network.

The Internet browser is still fully functional.

Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 7:41 pm

Basic Forum Features - Page 5 Moz-screenshot-13are the buttons at the top supposed to be that small??
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 7:50 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 10:15 pm

ok, thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:40 pm

this is the 1st time all week ive been able to access this forum without literally waiting a minute or 2 for each page to load. (which i dont have the patience for)
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:15 pm

o think thats your internet. pages load fast for me
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:42 pm

me too.

Still browsing by ps nobody?
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:15 am

My pages load fast as well on my computer. Not sure how they do on the PS3 however.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptySat May 14, 2011 1:39 am

yea you guys probably use a computer though. anything but ie would be faster than the ps3 browser. and btw its just this site. i can view all my other forums just fine
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptySun May 15, 2011 5:46 am

Considering the PSN has come back up, I'll take a look at how I can load up the community to see how it loads up.

Whether it goes fast or slow, or doesn't load up that clearly, we can't control how the PS3 can decode certain webforum html/java etc codes. At the end of the day we would like to be accessible to everyone, however, since we don't own forummotion (the host) , we can't gaurantee how it will work on the PS3 browser.

As technology improves - hopefully our gaming community will be available via every function/ Until that time we remain faithfully yours - The Sixth Nation - a Gaming Community For All Gamers From Every Country.

~ Raistlin
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptySun May 15, 2011 6:49 am

The problem here is that we have changed the theme and made the buttons smaller to avoid the issues some people were having with the navbar and iexplorer. It made the forum unviewable for a few people and impossible in certain mobile systems. Now it seems that the current theme affects the PS3 browser. We can certainly have a look at it and see if there is anything we could do to improve it. What is it that makes it difficult to browse? Is it just that is slower? I can't guarantee that playing with a few settings would work but I can give it a try.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 8:37 pm

Is there a way to change the post date of the Forums to include the year instead of the day ?
Insted of this Sun 15 May - 5:49 I would like to see 15 May 2012 -5:49
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:24 pm

I have 15/05/11, 04:49 am

Should be under Edit Profile > Preferences > Date format
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 11:04 pm

Thanks Az ! I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 3:24 am

Thanks = Plus one , as long as you have more than 5 Nation Reputation points, you can vote.

Well spotted, I didn't remember where the option was!
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 3:52 pm

Seyel wrote:
Thanks = Plus one , as long as you have more than 5 Nation Reputation points, you can vote.

Well spotted, I didn't remember where the option was!

My bad and lack of good manners. I gave Az a belated +1
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 4:01 pm

Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi me is just wondering why is there 2 chatboxes? On the portal page you can click on chatbox and the Xat site one pops up. If you click on the one at the bottom of the page you get the old chatbox we had for ages.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:20 pm

I don't see a second chat option at the bottom. Where exactly is it?
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:28 pm

Sorry forgot to add where hehe
Old chatbox is on index page at the very bottom underneath the Whos online.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:37 pm

Huh. Well, I'll be darned. There it is alright.
I'll bring it up with the others and we'll get an answer.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:52 am

And the answer is...because. Razz

The one on the Index is forumotion's own chat box. The one on the Portal is a nicer widget that was added later.
If something were to go wrong with the widget, then we could easily fall back to the forumotion one at need. So, there's no real reason to remove it. Not like it takes up space or anything.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:41 pm

But But which one do we use as main as me seems to be only one in the Xat chat.
Back to top Go down

Basic Forum Features

View previous topic View next topic Back to top