The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

The How We First Met Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cel
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: The How We First Met Thread   Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:30 pm

Aura wrote:
Ill post my own 'How I met you Nation folk' a bit later today. Gotta go eat lunch in a bit.
*waits* *looks at watch*
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The How We First Met Thread   Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:42 pm

Now now. I was away from my dorm almost all day. Laughing

Okay let's see...how did I come across you guys? While I dont remember many exact specifics, Ill give it a go.

I joined MyResistance on June 15th, 2007...just over a week after I got my PS3. I was looking for skill point help, and I ended up stumbling upon that great forum. For the first, I don't know, half a year I was a ghost...I didn't really post anything notable aside from asking for help (HA). As I started beating Fall of Man more and more, I started to get more involved with the community. I slowly talked to a couple of mods, like Rx, and gradually eased myself into a spot as "That Resistance Campaign Guy".

After I guess a couple of years of posting, I finally joined Black Label, which is where I met a lot of you guys, such as Six and Leo. I knew of you, Cel, but I don't really remember us talking too much. Well, we all know the story of XX, so once it broke apart I found myself without a clan again. I wish I had gotten to know you a bit sooner. I went solo for a few months before talking to Six about joining his new clan "The Sixth Nation". A lot of my old friends from Label were in there, so why not join this? Ironically, on the 2 year anniversary of me joining MyRes, I would become a member of this site.

The clan was a lot smaller back then, but boy was it fun to be back with friends again. We partied it up on R2 and many inside jokes were formed, such as "ROBZOMBIEZOMBIE" and Stephen Hawking gags. As the years went by, more and more familiar faces would join the site, but I was overall quiet towards a lot of them. I generally stuck with the people from the 'old guard', so to speak, and kept to myself otherwise. I guess it's this past year that I finally started to get to know a lot of the people here. Im proud to call people like Sayb, Cel, Street, Jolli, Az, and the rest good friends of mine (Im not leaving anyone out, Im just a bit brain dead at the moment). Im glad Ive gotten to know all of you over the years. The honor and pleasure has truly been mine.

So yeah, that's my story for Nation. I'd describe another "How I first met", but it's still a bit too early for that one. Wink
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The How We First Met Thread   Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:56 am

Great post!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The How We First Met Thread   Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:05 am

Im probably missing a few details here and there, but yeah, that's my post. Thanks to everyone for being ultra fancy and being awesome people. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The How We First Met Thread   Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:20 pm

Anyone else going to go? Wink
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: The How We First Met Thread   Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:27 pm

Me would post something but me has a bad bad bad memory and cant remember even where me put me keys atm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The How We First Met Thread   Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:10 am

Take your time Dingo..

I'm going to start with my pet. Jolli-Bean.
Man.. I don't know where to start with this kid.

When I returned to the Nation back in March, I was surprised to see some new faces posting in the Random house of Spam.
I started early on, paying attention to his posts. At a very desperate time in my life, when I needed to learn how to smile again, I found it easy by reading his posts.
As time went on.. I learned that not only can the kid make me laugh so hard just by text..and gifs of course but that he was a great listener. He is a brick wall. I know he keeps my secrets. I know that the advice he gives comes directly from his heart.

He is awesome in every way. Thousands of miles in between us yet it feels like he has my back.
And if we didn't have the Nation.. I wouldn't have ever met someone like Jolli.
I'm glad you are a part of this community Jakob. Thank you for everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jolli
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: The How We First Met Thread   Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:46 pm

I not really good at this stuff so I'll just say this;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eve
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 26

PostSubject: Re: The How We First Met Thread   Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:00 pm

When I first joined the site, i was 14... I had no clue what i was doing and it took me a little bit of time to get into the swing of things. Thankfully, those feelings quickly drained thanks to the comfort of Liam and cel. The first two members i had the opportunity of talking to first on the site. My first post was my bio and i remember staying up waaaay past my curfew to hold a conversation out as long as possible with them. They were the ice breakers. I love you

when i was playing R2, way back, i joined an unranked match and noticed someone with [S!X] as their clan tag! I knew i recognized it from somewhere! I asked by brother, banded1, if he knew someone in the clan that goes by "Jon" ... of course he did cheers

That was my first encounter with one of the clan members in game! I was quick to shoot him off an inbox over PSN explaining who i was and my relation to the clan. Jon and i hit things off pretty well after that.

During the days of MW2, dingo and i woould get on, every night and snipe each other in dust. Rubbish idea because the distance and the factor of LA----AAAA-G in that game.. Dingo never failed to make me laugh and even had it in him to play a couple rounds with me during the flooding.
I've missed your presence, to say the least. Crying or Very sad

Finally emerging into my comfort zone, nearly half a year after i was accepted into the clan, i still had my doubts. Being the youngest in an organized clan was very intimidating. But i felt so fortunate that the clan and the whole round community was full of such wonderful characters! Liam along with many other clan members always succeeded to catch my eye with some of their bizarre posts, but i always had confidence that no matter what i would say in reply, they wouldn't make things too awkward for me. Which is why I'm able to make this post. you guys rock!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The How We First Met Thread   Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:52 pm

^ This is an awesome post Evey!!
Plus freaking One, buddy!
+1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dingo
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The How We First Met Thread   Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

During the days of MW2, dingo and i woould get on, every night and snipe each other in dust. Rubbish idea because the distance and the factor of LA----AAAA-G in that game.. Dingo never failed to make me laugh and even had it in him to play a couple rounds with me during the flooding.
Oh god that map sucked lol *climbs to top of tower just to get shot in the butt*

Me still around to get shot ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cel
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The How We First Met Thread   Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:36 am

I almost posted asking the where a bouts of me Dingo.. Concerned that maybe it was his ghost who posted in gold and lime here at the Nation. Very Happy= :D

Minion... I met this fun loving fury about 6 years ago through Myres.
Funny. Sweet as hell and was not a bit ashamed to show his true self and I stood proudly as I seen a community also embraced what some parts of society who has their thumbs up their asses fail to accept.
Never seen a judgement passed or ill word spoken by Dingo.
A rare gem. A star that shines brighter than most.
You are awesome Dingo/Minion!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eve
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 26

PostSubject: Re: The How We First Met Thread   Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:25 pm

Oh god that map sucked lol *climbs to top of tower just to get shot in the butt*

Me still around to get shot ^_^

Ohh baby!
i see you on often, I dont know why i dont say anything! i'll have to catch you next time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dingo
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The How We First Met Thread   Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:48 pm

Aww Cel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gregor
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : 8