The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Watcha Playin?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Josey__Wales
Third Nation

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Watcha Playin?   Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:12 pm

What consoles do you own and which ones do you still play?
Let me start this off with a dinosaur console.

Atari 2600: Rarely play but still hooked up in bedroom. I don't care what anyone says, alot of those games are more difficult than todays games.

NES: Hooked it up for the kids but they think their too good for it.

SNES: Still gets some play from time to time whenever I'm in the mood for some DK Country.

N64: Haven't played in forever.

Game Cube: This is what the kids mainly play on. Their current favorite is Animal Crossing.

PS1: It never see's the light of day. Most of my good games are gone and I don't feel like replacing them.

Wii: Bad investment. Lots of games that I don't care to play. Now it collects dust.

PS3: My baby. I would accomplish so much without it.

PC: I gave up PC gaming. I love my console better.

Handhelds

GameBoy: Another oldy. I think it may be broke. Owell I don't have any of the games for it anyways.

GBA: This started out as my eldest daughters but has been passed down to the youngest. She loves it.

DS: I can't keep the oldest one off of it. "Go clean your damn room."

PSP: Wish I could make time to play it but my PS3 calls to me when I start to pick it up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Watcha Playin?   Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:35 pm

Well I lost track of my Atari ages ago when I moved out of my parents house many many ages ago, but the truth is I don't think it worked too well. I say it was this console that began this hobby that has consumed my life, but that really happened in the arcades on many a bowling alley in my youth as my dad played leagues and sharpened his professional drinking skills.
"Heres a few more quarters son. Go play that ostrich game you like."

Its called Joust dad.
Rolling Eyes

Had an nes, its long since passed. I pretty much lost my mid to late elementary school years on Strider, Blaster Master, and what imo were some of the best video games made.

Snes...gone

Sega Genesis N64 and one of my playstations are hooked up at my father in laws. He hit retirement and found a love for gaming. He just cant keep up with todays current generation of consoles. He really like the Army Men games(Sarges heros etc) The kids use them too when we visit but miss some of the features of today.
"Why cant I turn the camera daddy?"

In my home we have an Xbox (not a 360) Wii, and a ps2 hooked up in the kids room

The ps3 is out front and there isnt a pedestal high enough for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Watcha Playin?   Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:03 pm

Well, you guys have me beat, dinosaur console wise. I started out with a Nintendo (several years after its release) and don't know what happened to it. Sad
Nearly everything in between is here and hooked up.
Super Nintendo and N64 are in the living room. Still see action sometimes.
The Cube is hooked up right now. Just finished Metroid 2 again last night.(Finally got that 100% completion.)
Playstation is in the closet, but due to my PS2 having some kind of trouble reading a PS1 memory card, I still bring it out for my FFs and such.
PS2 is still often used. I have over 50 games for it, so there's always something good to play.
PS3 is the workhorse at the moment. Most of my gaming takes place there. Including some PS1 gaming via the PSN store. Very Happy= :D
I have an X-box. Got it several months ago. Video stopped working after a power outage. Mad Crying or Very sad Need to hit the Slackers...
I do have a GBA SP, I use it from time to time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Watcha Playin?   Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:24 pm

I forgot the hand helds.....meh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo_337
14th Nation

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Watcha Playin?   Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:11 am

Lots of rep for teh 'Cube in here. cheers I recently hooked mine up and played a bit of Rogue Squadron, I fully intend to start playing XIII again once this damn R2 Platinum is out the way.

And I really want to get a copy of 'Eternal Darkness' from somewhere to play it again... Top game for a late night session. Wink

I only have that and my Ps3 now, I used to game on my PC, playing Full Spectrum Warrior and Masqerade (the vampire one, yes... I know. Laughing )

I started out on a Nintendo 'Game and Watch' of Donkey Kong II, then progressed to a Sinclair Spectrum 48K which held me over until my first console which was a SNES. After that there was no going back, it was Nintendo all the way, Starfox being the game that really hooked me, ..."Polygons are the way forward, why can't you see that, you people!?!?" Laughing

Ironically, it was the switch to disks that ruined the love affair with Nintendo... I still remember the sound from the Gamecube when it didn't recognise that there was a disk inside it, usually it would catch you just as you'd made it all the way across the room and began to sit down. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Laughing

Then I bought into Ps2 then Ps3 then Rfom for my first taste of online... The rest is some of the best gaming time of my life, met some great people, met the love of my life, and ended up here. Embarassed

Nice topic, Josey... Sorry for turning it into a bit of a bio. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Watcha Playin?   Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:21 am

Started off with one of those black and white TV games (as they were called then) that had your basic Pong plus a few variations of a white bat and a aquare white ball.

Later I was given a colour TV game into which you inserted game cartridges. It wasn't the Atari 2600 -- my neighbours had that and I SO wanted one, but I got that cheaper imitation instead.

Then, in 1982, I bought a BBC Model B microcomputer and got hooked on Elite and Revs. Elite was the most amazing 3-D space combat/trading game; astonishing that it could fit into 32 kB of memory. Revs was a Formula 3 racing game. I even had a page on the national Prestel service (an early internet forum) on which I kept a high score table -- people from around the country would message me with their fastest lap times.

In 1989 I took out a bank loan and bought a 286 PC and got hooked on 688 Attack Sub and the first Indiana Jones game (Lucas Arts). I later got a 386 SX and continued with Buck Rogers and the Kings Quest and Space Quest series of games. When I got a 486 in 1993 I then started to play Doom. When the Pentium came along in 1996 it was the Monkey Island series, Day of the Tentacle, and Sam and Max Hit The Road that kept me entertained.

By now pressures of having young children and doing a part-time PhD meant there was no time for gaming and so I didn't play any more games pretty much until 2002 when dad let us have the PS-1 he'd bought to keep in his house for when the grandchildren came round. As the orher grandkids had been relocated to Hong Kong (my brother took a parish out there) and we had just moved into the area, he just let us take the PS1. So, with the kids I pwnt Walt Disney World Magical Racig Tour (still love that game and play it) and we also did Bugs Life.

Then, after ED saved up for the PS3 we went to the midnight launch and brought home the console and I bought myself a copy of R:FoM at the same time. It was a toss up between FoM and COD3 but as COD3 got bad reviews for the PS3 (jerky animation) I went for the aliens, though I was doubtful over whether I could really enjoy a FPS (I'd got pretty tired of Doom and Wolfenstein on the PC). The rest, as they say, is history. Since then I've played R:FoM and then R2 with a short excursion into the campaign of COD4 (borrowed) and KZ2 (borrowed), and LBP (bought but never finished the campaign). also had a quick go at Motorstorm: Pacific Rift (borrowed). But it's pretty much FoM and then R2 for the past 2 years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-ZeeK-
Second Nation

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Watcha Playin?   Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:57 am

Atari 2600: have one but its broke
NES: have one
SNES: I might have one somewhere
N64: I played though Zelda like 100+ times on it
Game Cube: used it to play Zelda
PS1: is somewhere, played though MGS1 and the syphonfilter games a million times on it
PS2: 3 of them, 1 is broke, lots of time playing the THPS games and the GTA games
PS3: 3 of them, 1 is broken. they mostly play various FPSs and Rock Band 2
Xbox 360: only have halo 3 and CoD:WaW for it
PC: mostly for Age of empires games and the Sims games
GameBoy: still got one somewhere
GameBoy Color: have a yellow one and it played pokemon a lot
GBA: have one, never really played anything except the old zelda remakes for it
PSP: Got 3, 1 is broke, played GTA games Resistance and some others
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Watcha Playin?   Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:17 am

Pong, Commodore 64, Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Playstation 1 (4), Playstation 2 (4), Playstation 3 (2)
Game List Incomplete

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Watcha Playin?   Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:06 pm

Forgot to say, I have an Atari 2600 I bought at a car boot sale for a fiver.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D1LDOBAGG1NS
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Watcha Playin?   Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:41 pm

I want to get another NES since I miss it even though I have an emulator (not NESticle) on my laptop to play some of the classics but it's not the same. But I still play my NES, Genesis (original w/ headphone jack) w/ SegaCD and 32x attached, SNES I still have and need to dust off my Dream Cast if I can find games for it again (Japanese Model)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josey__Wales
Third Nation

PostSubject: Watcha Playin?   Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:23 pm

Nice find.

Thanks guys for mixing a little bio into the subject. I'm always curious where peoples gaming roots start. Mine started with the Atari that my grandmother had in her spare bedroom. I used to wonder why she would have a gaming console until I got a little older and realized that was the quickest way to get me out of the adults hair. That worked for me. That was the beginning of my addiction. I didn't get a NES until the time Mario 3 was coming out. Before we got it my moms friends would bring theirs over and the adults would sit around, get smoked out and never let me do anything but watch. It used to piss me off something fierce. I had clocked so many hours on the Atari that I knew my gaming skills were superior to any of them. Once we got our own I had to constantly fight off my younger brothers for one of the controllers. The second night we had it I snuck out of bed while everyone was sleeping and played until Mario 3 was beat. I was the first one in the house to do it and I made sure to rub it in all their faces.
My SNES was a christmas present some time later. I hadn't been that excited since I got my NES. My first game was Mortal Kombat and we played the shit out of that game ever chance we got. One of my brothers used to always pick Lu Kang and and he'd do that kick were he flies across the screen and kickes you in the face then he'd trap me in the corner and continuesly leg sweep me until I was dead. Cheap little bastard. He shed some blood on a few different occasions for doing that. Some of my favorite games are on that console and imo that was the best console nintendo has made to date.
I do have alot of fond memories of the consoles that followed but theres definately something special about video games when your younger especially with the 3 consoles I named since the tech made such leaps and bounds from its predecessors. Their still making the leaps today but I don't get the same feelings that I did then. With that being said, I still can't wait to see what the future holds for gaming.
Well, thats just a little of my own bio that I wanted to share. Please feel free to leave some of your own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Watcha Playin?   Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I want to get another NES since I miss it even though I have an emulator (not NESticle) on my laptop to play some of the classics but it's not the same.

Agreed.

"Come here!"

Uppercut

"Get over here!"

Uppercut

"Come here!"

Uppercut

"Get over here!"

Uppercut

"Come here!"

Uppercut

"Get over here!"

Uppercut
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Watcha Playin?   Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:20 pm

"FINISH HIM!"

*spit hellfire*

"Scorpion Wins!"
"Fatality"
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Watcha Playin?   Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:25 am

Ah, nice thread idea!

Game Boy Color: I play this maybe once a year.
Game Boy Advance: Same with the color, only once a year.
Game Boy Advance SP: I play it every couple of months ago, mainly because I can't play GBC on my DS.
DS Lite: I play it pretty often, but I don't have very many games. (Im getting another Mario game this September. Very Happy= :D)
PSP-2000: I play this pretty often as well. Last game I got for it was Resistance: Retribution, however. (I will be getting the Jak and Daxter PSP game soon, though.)
PS2: I play this VERY rarely. In fact, the first time I played it in over a year was the other weekend when I was downloading MAG.
PS3: I play this whenever I can. With games like Resistance, Uncharted, and Ratchet and Clank, who could "resist"?
Back to top Go down
Josey__Wales
Third Nation

PostSubject: Watcha Playin?   Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:52 pm

I only seen one mention of the Dreamcast. Wish I still had mine. I thought it was a good system and put many hours of play into it. Too bad it died out the way it did. If I ever get back to my quest to buy every system, it will be high on my list of priorities. Also haven't seen any mentions of Coleco Vision either. I forgot all about it when I left my last post but I did spend some time on this one too. I hated the game pad then and still do now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strange_Notes
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 7

PostSubject: Re: Watcha Playin?   Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:33 pm

Myself!

bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watcha Playin?