The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Things that Drive you Crazy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:38 am

142 Class 'trains'.

Spoiler:

Stupid useless pieces of cr@p with their seats so tightly packed together that anyone over 5'10" suffers knee damage from the seat in front, their stupid binary heating system which means you can either see your own breath or the steam rising off the other sweat-soaked cattle passengers. And their fixed wheels which means they squeal like a stuck pig when going round corners. And their lack of space.

STUPID STUPID STUPID pieces of cr@p.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:44 am

I feel like you are holding back ET. Please tell us how you really feel. :geek:

They are bit sore on the eyes Ill say that. looks like a train set one of my kids would play with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:22 am

Yeah, but thanks to the 'wonderful' 'open market' we now have instead of a nationalised railway system, the leasing company that owns these pieces of cr@p is able to charge the train operating companies £250,000 a year to lease them. Why? Because the only way the leasing company could make a profit in this wonderful setup is if the government prevented any competition in the leasing market (yet the new system was supposed to introduce competition) AND fixed the price. So, a POS that is worth 50p now (given that these units date back to the early '80s and are, in fact, bus chassis bolted onto fixed train wheel sets) is still eased at a cool quarter million a year.

You know the really crazy thing? The actual operating costs of the railway system are, in real terms, the same as they were before privatisation, but because we now have a bunch of companies operating franchises to run the trains, all leasing their rolling stock from a fixed supplier and running the stock on track owned by another sole supplier (Network Rail), those operational costs are supplemented by the extra fees incurred in having to employ armies of lawyers and consultants that are needed to make sure the contractual arrangements between all these companies are correct. And where does this extra money come from? Government subsidies. In other words, taxes.

So, we went from a government funded national railway system costing £x million to run to a completely confusing railway broken up into multiple private companies, still heavily subsidsed by the government that now costs £x + £y million to run. And all in the name of political ideology.

That makes me crazy.

Don't get me started on the off-book accounting system they call PFI (Public-private Finance Initiative) which is a scam used by the government to build new hospitals, roads, etc. Basically, a private company builds the hospital then rents it to the government at interest rate equivalents of up to 20%. So, the government pays over the odds for something they could have built themselves for a fraction of the cost, but because they don't own the asset, it is not marked down as a government debt (they only 'rent' the facilities). So government borrowing looks lower even though the government is actually spending more of my money. And where is that extra money going? In the pockets of the guys running the PFI companies. Stoopid political ideology again.

That makes me crazy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mthrfckr1002
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:57 pm

the bears. :grenade:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kratosXS
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:24 am

This is a really useful thread, and enables us to get things off our chest. So after its long absence I am going to use it.

I was wondering where to put this post, so I searched through the archives, and voila. I have something that really drives me crazy. Neighbours who won't do anything to help you out when you really need help the most.

As some of you are aware, one of my dogs recently had surgery to repair a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament. The recovery period for such an operation is around sixteen weeks. My boy had to be walked on a leash for that amount of time. For the dog to recover fully, it is crucial that a number of key things occur. For the first four weeks he was limited to room confinement and toilet breaks only. Physio was very important during this time. This physio is called Passive Range of Motion, as the dog is doing no walking. This lasted forty five minutes, four times daily.

After this initial period, he was then allowed out for fifteen minute walks, three times daily. He was also put on a course of walking exercises. These exercises are called Dynamic Range of Motion, as they involve the dog walking and doing exercises other than physio. He has recovered fully, and is now on week fifteen.

The exercises in the Dynamic Range of Motion include getting the dog to walk over poles set at higher heights every week. He was also to do dancing exercises. Putting two poles upright, and getting the dog to do figures of eight to increase the strength in the affected leg. All these I was able to do in my own lawn.

Now I'm getting to the part that disappointed me. As well as all the exercises I was to get him to walk on different surfaces. Grass, sand, gravel, tarmac, concrete were all surfaces that would help develop the muscles. He also had to go up slopes, and come down the slopes in a zig-zag manner.

Now I don't live very close to hills, and any that are around would have taken me too long to get there, and his walking session would have been over. I don't have a car, so driving him to a location was out of the question. However, my neighbour, who is a farmer has a big sloping driveway leading up to his house. On top of this it is a gravel driveway, so I thought this would kill two birds etc. The fact that he has been living beside us for over fifteen years, and that the the families have known each other longer, I thought there was an obvious solution. My father even suggested walking up the driveway. But I being polite, and always asking permission, did just that.

He refused to help me out. Without any explanation he wouldn't let me walk the dog up the drive. This would have only taken ten minutes, three times a day. I can't understand anybody who wouldn't do something this small to help an animal. I don't care if you like animals or not, I wasn't asking him to have anything to do with the dog. It's a sign of the times I guess that people won't help when you need their help the most. It's ok to salute and be friendly, but when push comes to shove, people will only help if they are going to get something out of it themselves. Times have changed. Fifteen to twenty years ago, neighbours would have been insulted if you felt the need to ask for their help.

It is little wonder that community spirit has broken down in the 21st century. Any solid community is based around each individual feeling like he belongs there. It is also necessary that members help each other out when that help is most needed. If you can't rely on those with whom you share your community, that same community will not survive, and people will be isolated. You only have to look at online communities like our own dear Sixth Nation to see the true spirit of community in action. There are people on here with whom I feel a greater bond and connection than anyone outside my family. I have never had a great liking for people as I have gotten a few knocks in my time, but you hope that those in your immediate locality will pull through for you. This incident has further shown me that you can't trust people. So what really drives me crazy is people not helping each other out when the chips are down.

As I said previously, I feel more at home in this community than I do in my RL one. That is because I know people here are willing to look out for each other. The spirit of community can be found here by the fact that everyone takes time to provide comfort when it's needed. We are well able to mess around and joke amongst ourselves, but when life becomes tough we are able to provide the support that communities should be built upon. That is why this community continues to grow and strengthen. Long may it continue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:37 am

Dude you answered your question from the outset. He's an Irish Farmer. "GET OFF MY LAND!"

See people moving in and out of our apartment complex, I'm over there asking if they want a hand. Thats when you get weird looks like "What the fuck you after?"

Even got a weird look for informing a woman that she gave me back too much change.

When the fuck did we lose the ability to be Cead meile failte?

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insom
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:19 pm

Céad Míle Fáilte is now Céad Míle Fuck Off.

Ignorance is my number one pet peeve, in all it's forms. Closemindedness, my brother and my father are so ignorant to the ideas, feelings and needs of others that if at all possible, I outright avoid them.

Ignorance as a lack of knowledge doesn't annoy me so much if the person is flexible in being able to admit they are wrong when proof is given. But when clearly shown to be wrong and still presenting your opinion as fact, don't hold it against me if I'm either laughing my ass off or dying to kick yours.

I absolutely cannot stand a customer without manners, it would ruin a perfect day for me, I can stand it if they thank me in the end, but if they are in my face and won't get out of it, they can expect the same attitude back, I'm a bartender, not a doormat. If someone even makes it a hint of Can I, May I, Do you have..........or anything along those lines, I could give a shit less about please and thank you.

If you call me Boss, Mate, Buddy, Chief or Lad, chances are quite high that you're gonna be low priority next time you come to the bar, if you touch me, you will be last.

Tiniest bit of manners and a slight touch of humour, I might even "forget" something when it comes time to ring up your order.

The customer is always right, but some can be right arseholes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kratosXS
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:17 pm

Lmao O'Rly wrote:
Dude you answered your question from the outset. He's an Irish Farmer. "GET OFF MY LAND!"

Yeah, they do think they're above everyone else. There's only one farmer in the community that I'd really say you could bank on. His father gave mine the land on which our house was built at no cost. His son has kept up the good relations. Pity he hadn't the drive. That type of neighbour is seldom found today.

insomniac14 wrote:

I lol! at this. Plus one

I agree with you insom. It's ignorance plain and simple. Unfortunately, it isn't limited to any one group of people, and is getting more and more common.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insom
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:22 pm

kratosXS wrote:

insomniac14 wrote:

I lol! at this. Plus one

I agree with you insom. It's ignorance plain and simple. Unfortunately, it isn't limited to any one group of people, and is getting more and more common.

Try northerners, they're a marmite breed, lovely or loathsome, and more often than not it's the latter, you'd be surprised how up themselves All-Ireland winning footballers can be, and how down to earth other ones are.

In general, Tyrone people are the absolute worst, followed by Belfast, who as I've pointed out in a pinch, get their self-importance from being in the capital of a country that should never have existed to begin with.

Best manners....far and away goes to the North Americans, especially those from the southern U.S., when a man calls a 17 year old sir, thanks me for the time of day and compliments the speed and skill of your work on an off day, you tend to take care of him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:37 pm

Ignorance really is some peoples new best friend... Evil or Very Mad

I like helping people out (:
I know there are people who would be like.. 'no way am i going to help them e.g move some stuff, or hand them tools as they climb into the freaking roof!'
but i do.. while of course making sure they arent injured in any way Cool

I have actually been told off for helping someone -.-
Considering i asked them if they needed it and they didnt answer, so i asumed.. 'hey maybe i should help them carry this massive wooden box that would take two people. but there is this one guy doing it by himself..'
And so i did... to which he dropped it, making me of course drop my end.. and proceeded to spaz at me D:

Is it wrong, to ask for help or accept much needed help? Especially when there is someone there, offering assistance?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:56 am

insomniac14 wrote:

Ignorance is my number one pet peeve, in all it's forms. Closemindedness, my brother and my father are so ignorant to the ideas, feelings and needs of others that if at all possible, I outright avoid them.

Ignorance as a lack of knowledge doesn't annoy me so much if the person is flexible in being able to admit they are wrong when proof is given. But when clearly shown to be wrong and still presenting your opinion as fact, don't hold it against me if I'm either laughing my ass off or dying to kick yours.

I absolutely cannot stand a customer without manners, it would ruin a perfect day for me, I can stand it if they thank me in the end, but if they are in my face and won't get out of it, they can expect the same attitude back, I'm a bartender, not a doormat. If someone even makes it a hint of Can I, May I, Do you have..........or anything along those lines, I could give a shit less about please and thank you.

If you call me Boss, Mate, Buddy, Chief or Lad, chances are quite high that you're gonna be low priority next time you come to the bar, if you touch me, you will be last.

Tiniest bit of manners and a slight touch of humour, I might even "forget" something when it comes time to ring up your order.

The customer is always right, but some can be right arseholes.

Welcome to Modern Ireland, where we're so stuck up our own arse, we've forgotten what made us who we are.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:32 am

People, in general, drive me insane.
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:21 am

i hate naggers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:25 pm

-Dj- wrote:
i hate naggers

lol, I had to read that twice. first time was Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 32

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:37 pm

eattheword wrote:
-Dj- wrote:
i hate naggers

Lol. Me too!
I read it and was like, I hate laggers too. Laughing

Wait...what'd you think it said? Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:52 pm

chuckle Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Dj-
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:37 pm

Laughing i was going post the south park joke =P
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:54 pm

eattheword wrote:
-Dj- wrote:
i hate naggers

Glad I'm not the only one... Laughing
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:05 pm

and i hate fags

they wake me up ever morning Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:39 pm

lol wut? O.o

i reeeaaally hate those girls who load on the fake tan.. it makes them look like they just got gangbanged by a box of orange crayons.. Evil or Very Mad
its not a good look! D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Dj-
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:12 am

SayberBANG! wrote:
lol wut? O.o

i reeeaaally hate those girls who load on the fake tan.. it makes them look like they just got gangbanged by a box of orange crayons.. Evil or Very Mad
its not a good look! D:
annoying harley riders are called fags now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:53 am

Rxforwar wrote:
eattheword wrote:
-Dj- wrote:
i hate naggers

Lol. Me too!
I read it and was like, I hate laggers too. Laughing

Wait...what'd you think it said? Suspect

DJ with the win!

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
omega9
Ninth Nation

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:55 pm

Clap

+1 Internet GET.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toxxy
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:29 am

-Dj- wrote:
SayberBANG! wrote:
lol wut? O.o

its not a good look! D:
annoying harley riders are called fags now
Evil or Very Mad
right so first
a song
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
second
mon cher DJ..
would you like to say this to my Hells Angels buddies?
Shocked Laughing
trust me you would end up like a kawasaki
smashed from a great crane! <3
Very Happy= :D
things that drive me crazy..
long list, but in first position drivers who don't respect bikers on the road...
Evil or Very Mad
you are going along & then someone just pulls out no indicators!
*colorful french inserted here*
Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things that Drive you Crazy   

Back to top Go down

Things that Drive you Crazy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-