The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:48 pm

Wahoo: any of various American shrubs or small trees, as the winged elm, Ulmus alata, or a linden, Tilia heterophylla. Also, a large, swift mackerel, Acanthocybium solanderi, widespread in warm seas, of a steel blue to greenish blue above and silver below, often leaping from the water and occasionally schooling in great numbers: valued as a food and game fish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jon1798
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 17

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:55 pm

eatthepumpkin wrote:
Wahoo: any of various American shrubs or small trees, as the winged elm, Ulmus alata, or a linden, Tilia heterophylla. Also, a large, swift mackerel, Acanthocybium solanderi, widespread in warm seas, of a steel blue to greenish blue above and silver below, often leaping from the water and occasionally schooling in great numbers: valued as a food and game fish.

Of course it's the Virginia Cavaliers which really makes the whole thing not make sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoos
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:57 pm

From Wiki.

Wahoos, or Hoos for short, is an unofficial nickname for sports teams of the University of Virginia, officially referred to as the Cavaliers.

Origins
The nickname is a back-formation from the school's yell, "wa-hoo-wa."

Official University of Virginia sports documents explain that Washington and Lee baseball fans first called University of Virginia players "a bunch of rowdy Wahoos," and used the "Wahoowa" yell as a form of derision during the in-state baseball rivalry in the 1890s, presumably after hearing them yell or sing "wa-hoo-wa." The term "Wahoos" caught on around the University and was commonly in use by the 1940s. "'Hoos" became the more accepted nickname throughout Grounds in student publications. In recent years, the Hoos nickname has become a nickname used by students and recent alumni of the University, and it is also commonly used in the media in reference to U.Va. sports teams.

A common explanation by students and alumni of the term's popularity is that it references the fish Acanthocybium solandri, purported to have the ability to drink up to twice its body weight daily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:01 pm

And there was me assuming it was just some kind of venereal disease.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo_337
14th Nation

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:18 pm

Ah, drinking.. Why didn't you say. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:01 pm

Seyelback, aka Seyel, aka Sey, aka elfy for Rx

Well, I wanted a name that nobody had. So I made one up. This started when I was playing a role game called "Vampires: The Masquerade", initially was "Sey el Black" ("el" means "the", in Spanish), because I used to dress all in black all the year round. Then it merged to a single word, then it dropped the "l" because I liked "Back" to express that the character had "returned" from the other life. Also, I was planning to use the same name to play the "Lord of the Rings" role games, and I thought it related better to inmortal characters. Lol

Then in a Tolkien convention thing they wrote that name in elfic language in a certificate, and I thought it was pretty, and I decided not to change it. I started to use that name for every game I played. As it is a made up name, I never have problems to register it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 32

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:05 pm

"Slay"elback wrote:
Spoiler:

Neat. Very Happy= :D
I had always imagined it came from the large 'sailback' dino from the jurasic park movie, number 3 I believe. First time I saw the name I was like "Oh noez, huge ninja eating dino attack!!!" lol!

Last edited by "Slay"elback on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Don't really like big quotes, and it's a bit of a dark pleasure to be able to edit Rx)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:26 pm

Shocked "Sailback" dino? I am going to google that... didn't even know! Lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:39 pm

"Slay"elback wrote:
Shocked "Sailback" dino? I am going to google that... didn't even know! Lol

You edited Rx! Laughing
Dark pleasure editing Rx, eh?
You're...an odd one... Wink Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mthrfckr1002
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:58 pm

My psn name is mthrfckr1002
i get asked alot about my name so here is my story
i made a account on yahoo games
and my favorite cuss word at the time was Explative
but they wouldn't let me use it
so i took the vowels out
the 1002 came from 2004 divided by 2
2004 is when i made the account
not very intersting but i thought i would share
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:05 pm

I can't think of a time when it hasn't been your favorite word, period. Except using 'rep' and 'ghey' in the same sentence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoos
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:05 pm

I thought seyelback must be the UK version of a hollaback. Razz

Last edited by Hoos on Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:07 pm

RxforCandyCorn wrote:

You edited Rx! Laughing
Dark pleasure editing Rx, eh?
You're...an odd one... Wink Very Happy= :D

bounce Very Happy= :D

Hoos wrote:
I thought seyelback must be the UK version of a hollaback. Razz

Shocked A what? What's that? Thinking

facepalm2 .. I am not wearing that!

Last edited by "Slay"elback on Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mthrfckr1002
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:07 pm

RxforCandyCorn wrote:
I can't think of a time when it hasn't been your favorite word, period. Except using 'rep' and 'ghey' in the same sentence.

shhhhhhhhh rep is gay cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:19 pm

TuxGirl wrote:
Easy -
Spoiler:

Shocked OMG that girl is hot. Did you see the way she raised her flippers while executing the crane technique?
Im in love. Very Happy= :D

Nosferatu_337 wrote:
LoL, nice one. Laughing

I was an art student and always called my friend Garibaldi because his name's Gary and he shaves his head, whenever we would meet I would say "Ey Garibaldi!" in an over the top Italian accent and he would reply "Mister Leonardo!" The crazy things you do when you're a student, eh? Laughing I started using it as a forum-name and put the 337 (My name upside down) whenever it had already been taken.
And you prefer orange ostrich feathers.

"Jason Voorhees"1798 wrote:
So your name is Lee and not Leo? Well damn.

Mine's pretty easy though confused constantly. Jon- my name's Jonathan. 1798- This was back when I first started an e-mail address for aol. I was 17 in 1998. It's stuck for the past 11 years (god I'm old). Of course people see 1798 and they think the year 1798, or they say 1978. But oh well.
I think 1979 for some reason which is really just a dyslexic translation of the real numbers. But I hear the song 1979 by the Smashing Pumpkins every time I see your name too.
Embarassed
"Jason Voorhees"1798 wrote:
Nosferatu_337 wrote:
Yeah, but don't change it... I like the way that Americans say Leo rather than Lee. It's more of a welcome, if you know what I mean... scratch

I have a hard time saying Leo without saying Leoooooooooooo, lol.
I do that to.

Hoos wrote:
From Wiki.

Hoosalump, or Hoos for short, is an unofficial nickname for a gigantic creature found lurking in the forests of Sommerset. He is known to eat puppies and carry a laark.

Origins
The nickname is a back-formation from the yell, "waaaaH- da fluckin hoosalumps got me!" Often heard by unsuspecting victims.

Official University of Virginia documents explain that FoM fans first called laarking players "a bunch of rowdy Wahoos," and used the "Wahoowa" yell as a form of warning when ever one of these noobs was near, presumably after hearing them yell or sing "wa-hoo-wa... Noob inbound." The term "Wahoos" caught on around the creature and was commonly in use by the 1940s. "'Hoos" became the more accepted nickname throughout MyRes1 in posting publications. In recent years, the Hoos nickname has become a nickname used by laark noobs and COD snipers.

There I fixed all that nonsense up there.

"Slay"elback wrote:
Seyelback, aka Seyel, aka Sey, aka elfy for Rx

Well, I wanted a name that nobody had. So I made one up. This started when I was playing a role game called "Vampires: The Masquerade", initially was "Sey el Black" ("el" means "the", in Spanish), because I used to dress all in black all the year round. Then it merged to a single word, then it dropped the "l" because I liked "Back" to express that the character had "returned" from the other life. Also, I was planning to use the same name to play the "Lord of the Rings" role games, and I thought it related better to inmortal characters. Lol

Then in a Tolkien convention thing they wrote that name in elfic language in a certificate, and I thought it was pretty, and I decided not to change it. I started to use that name for every game I played. As it is a made up name, I never have problems to register it.

Ive always wondered.

My brother played Vampire of the Masquerade a lot! So much, I worried about him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo_337
14th Nation

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:20 am

LoL... 'Vampire-The Masquerade'... Guess what? Leo too. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:48 am

What? We've had more dice rattlers around here this whole time and nobody said anything? Weak.
It is vitally important that you guys go put your funny stories from table top games in another thread.
Vital.

So, I guess you're curious about my name too? Alrighty then. Here you go. The secret behind my unusual moniker.
I am a blue monkey. What, more? Fine.
I decided to proudly represent my race in PSN and Forum name. Truth told, my fur is not Cobalt blue. It's actually a bit darker shade of blue. But in Halo I always chose the cobalt colored armor because it is teh awesome. Blends pretty well on a couple of maps.
And so I decided that Cobalt Monkey would be my name.

At least, that's the official story. *dun dun DUNNNNN*

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRVJAG1
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:03 am

Cobalt "Spider" Monkey wrote:
But in Halo I always chose the cobalt colored armor because it is teh awesome. Blends pretty well on a couple of maps.

I used the Halos' blue coloured armor. I never noticed it belended in with the maps. I seem to go with red,gold and grey. Should try it, it's awesome

Now to the topic

My other psn. Was just a random thing my dad said. It happened while i was eating dinner, while in a comp match. Anyway, my character was in a nice little hiding position. Then BAMM!. Someone killed me with the LAARK. Then when i got killed. My dad said " Ohh epicfail, HAHA. You got killed, AGAIN ". Then i proceded saying " Could i make a psn named epicfail? " And my dads' reply was Yes.

So that's how my second account was made.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:06 am

Demon-RV wrote:

My other psn. Was just a random thing my dad said. It happened while i was eating dinner, while in a comp match. Anyway, my character was in a nice little hiding position. Then BAMM!. Someone killed me with the LAARK. Then when i got killed. My dad said " Ohh epicfail, HAHA. You got killed, AGAIN ". Then i proceded saying " Could i make a psn named epicfail? " And my dads' reply was Yes.

I like it when names arise out of situations like that. Very Happy= :D I wonder why I've never made a PSN i.d. called "30-kill-streak".... scratch

Last edited by eatthepumpkin on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Quoting error fixered)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRVJAG1
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:11 am

[quote="eatthepumpkin"]
Demon-RV wrote:
Cobalt "Spider" Monkey wrote:

I like it when names arise out of situations like that. Very Happy= :D I wonder why I've never made a PSN i.d. called "30-kill-streak".... scratch

Quoting error Eat.

30 kill streak. Kool name. But i think eattheword is better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo_337
14th Nation

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:54 am

LoL @ you quote-erroring the quote error. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kratosXS
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:16 am

Have you gone on a 30-kill streak, Eat? OMG I have a lot to learn. Laughing I should have called myself PWNED.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:21 am

kratosXS"pooky" wrote:
Have you gone on a 30-kill streak, Eat? OMG I have a lot to learn. Laughing I should have called myself PWNED.

Umm, no. I was being ironic. Most I've managed in R:FoM was a 12-streak and in R2 I think I got a 10. Don't worry, you and I will be fighting over the "Worst Player in [S!X]" title for some time to come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kratosXS
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:24 am

I guessed you were being ironic, but I didn't want to be insulting. With this information shouldn't you have named yourself DAYDREAMER. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo_337
14th Nation

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:29 am

A little aside: When I first met ETW we were both in training on Rfom and I remember he always used to wear the British desert loadout with the Ratchet and clank backpack and boots, probably the most standout visual combination you could have in the game.. I often felt that this was in some way responsible for his bad start into the world of online FPS. Laughing

BTW, my copy of Vampire Masquerade was on PC... Dice rattler? Moi? Pfffft! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name   

Back to top Go down

How did you get your PSN?Gamer Tag? name

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: