Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 25 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

Borderlands - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 3:52 am

Me took on 2 lvl 51 "Superbad Pyro" Spiderants and omg are they tough to kill. Hit and run is all me can say. 658 power revolver with 3 explosive did shit all damage.
Me found a very rare sniper sorry cant remember name but it 969 power with 4 explosive.
Me had fun playing pack mule and bodyguard to Six today ^_^
Rx me still got lots of stuff to throw to you and your bro.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 4:18 am

I agree, Liam. I got through Burbia okay, but the Angelic Ruins kick my butt in the fourth round. Problem is everything can shoot me from really far away, and since I can't scope or even see when down, I can't get a second wind. Mad I've just decided to wait and try it with friends again. With Ratchet along last time it was a breeze. Keeping in mind that it was Ratchet. lol
Oh, and something we were mistaken about. The quest level for playing Underdome on Playthrough 1 is 15, but it's the same challenge as Pt. 2. Enemies scale to your level.

Saw a pearl in a vendor yesterday. It sucked so I didn't buy it. I think it's only the second I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 4:37 am

Think I got a Pearl TMP Repeater. I thought it was just an average gun until I seen it was on the top of my inventory in its "Rarity" listing setting.

>.>
<.<
I found that out about Playthrough 1 and 2 cause I wanted to beat it.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 4:56 am

Ditto.... And so I wait for friends. Embarassed It's annoying getting so far only to die to a lucky shot. Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 7:41 am

If you guys wanted any of the "Pearl" weapons, you shouldve asked me. I had about 9 of them before I went off and sold them.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 8:29 am

Endloslung wrote:
Thanks, Cobalt, I appreciate the 'vite. We can try to get something planned for Wednesday, then. I have class in the morning, but afternoon and on, I should be free.

And, that's perfect, on the Volcano, because banded was interested in the 42. Banded, I'll shoot you a 'vite as well, if you haven't beaten me to it, next time I'm on. Definitely looking forward to getting some games in with you guys.

im goingto be on it a bit. i didnt get on last night cause my buddy was on from about 3 PM til like 10 Shocked
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 12:06 pm

The Pearl weapons are odd. It's caused because of the values it assigns to attributes in game, and when that total exceeds 100, the game doesn't know what color to code it, so it reverts back to the white color.

I've had a bunch, but I've never used the Cyclops. I absolutely love my Thanatos though, it's the go-to gun for my Gunslinger Mordecai.

Banded, send me a request, if you've got room, and we'll try to get something going soon. I don't think I'll have any time for gaming tonight, have some more important things to tend to, but I definitely plan to try to catch Cobalt on Wendesday, and you guys as soon as I can. I'm hoping I can get Moxie soon, so I can try the arenas, and maybe we could try to get some more organized runs going, on it. It sounds like a blast.

Last edited by Endloslung on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 12:17 pm

Dingo wrote:
Me took on 2 lvl 51 "Superbad Pyro" Spiderants and omg are they tough to kill. Hit and run is all me can say. 658 power revolver with 3 explosive did shit all damage.
Me found a very rare sniper sorry cant remember name but it 969 power with 4 explosive.
Me had fun playing pack mule and bodyguard to Six today ^_^
Rx me still got lots of stuff to throw to you and your bro.

Thanks again Dingo. The Skagzilla thing was harry larry ass. I kept going...

OMG this thing is goona kill me!
OMG this thing is gonna kill me!
OMG nothing I do seems to hurt it!

BOOM from a dingo and skag is dead. lolz.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 12:18 pm

be joining monkey myself on Wednesday. He's a borderlands prostitude, giving out services for cash and guns Razz
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 12:20 pm

Yeah I see Wed. looks like a get together day for some. Depending on when and if theres room Ill see if I can be there. I normally cant get on till way late in my evenings.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 12:36 pm

I'd be more than happy to hand out some guns. I'd definitely love to get together with you guys on Wednesday, and get some gametime in. I'll try to get the Soldier maxed out by then, shouldn't be an issue.

I can leave the Tank at 20, if we wanted to tackle some lower-level PT1 content, or I can get him to 50 as well, if you guys want, so I can fill whatever role you guys wanted.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 12:45 pm

I only have 1 dude and he's at like...mmm..lvl 16 i want to say. Maybe 17 now after last night. scratch
But yeah, would be fun. It is a lot less lonely with companions for sure.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 2:31 pm

Absolutely. I'll leave Brick at 20, that way he's around your Soldier's level, Six. As fun as it is with companions, it can be a little boring if your buddies are one-shotting all your baddies.

That'll leave me with Roland, Mordecai and Lilith that are maxed out, if anyone wants to mess with PT2 or 2.5, later on. Roland and Lilith are still on their PT1's, though, so I'll have to be 'vited to 2 or 2.5 until I can get them caught up.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 3:22 pm

im lvl 38 with my hunter and im on the last level. how are you at 50 without beating the game?

ive done evrey single side mission and zombie island...

did i miss something? tongue
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 4:02 pm

Playthrough 2. Harder enemies and better loot.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 4:50 pm

Absolutely. Mordecai is on PT2.5, and is level 50.

Unless I missed something, or misunderstood, Banded's wondering how my Lilith is at 50, and Roland is high 40's, without being through their PT1's, yet. They were run through Promontory by Mordecai. Thanatos and Tresspass make for dead Eridians, pretty quickly. Even the Badass Guardians go down in just a second or two, with the Thanatos at close-range.

It was done mainly because the group I was playing with was messing around with a bit of PVP, and having beaten the game, I dont' care much about the storyline anymore. Having those characters at 50 let me have full access to PT2.5 gear, and full spec-tress, while not limiting me solely to Mordecai, for PVP, at that time.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Me loves running around with Skagzilla chasing me as it like a huge puppy that wants to play.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 6:56 pm

Endloslung wrote:
Absolutely. Mordecai is on PT2.5, and is level 50.

Unless I missed something, or misunderstood, Banded's wondering how my Lilith is at 50, and Roland is high 40's, without being through their PT1's, yet. They were run through Promontory by Mordecai. Thanatos and Tresspass make for dead Eridians, pretty quickly. Even the Badass Guardians go down in just a second or two, with the Thanatos at close-range.

It was done mainly because the group I was playing with was messing around with a bit of PVP, and having beaten the game, I dont' care much about the storyline anymore. Having those characters at 50 let me have full access to PT2.5 gear, and full spec-tress, while not limiting me solely to Mordecai, for PVP, at that time.

ohh i seee
i just started pt2. the final boss was a joke in PT1 Neutral
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 7:43 pm

Yeah, Banded, I totally agree. He was a bit of a let-down, but at the same time, I was with a bunch of friends, each time I've fought it, so that always helped.

Skagzilla is such a cool boss, it's just so much fun to fight.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 11:45 pm

He's a chump alone too. Hide, shoot, repeat. Oh, but let's not spoil anything for Sixer. He hasn't seen it yet. He's just a little fella. Smile

I may hold off somewhat on my Borderlandsing until after the level cap increase. I've gotten several of the challenges done for Mordecai that just go for wasted xp now. Neutral Still got other characters to play though. And will get those arenas done too.

How does 2 o'clock PM sound for tomorrow? I believe that's Liam's 8 PM?

New topic. Okay, now that we've all had some experience with the game, and we all like it, it's time to do everyone's favorite activity: Complain! Yaaaaaaaaay!
Well, not necessarily complaining, just wondering what are some things you'd all like to see? What would you like to see added or taken away? Improvement ideas?
Here are mine, in no particular order:
The ability to use Moxxie's arenas for PVP. Burbia in particular would make a good one, I think.
Better bosses. The early ones were okay, but the later ones lack challenge. Don't think I had a real problem with anything past Sledge. I do think that the zombie DLC's bosses were better though. (Skagzilla's got a really easy pattern too, but he's still fun to fight.)
Character specific quests. Indeed, just more about the characters. They all seem pretty cool, imo, and they do have the beginnings of bios in the booklet. I'd like to see these expanded on. Hear dialog from them that is a bit more than the one liners they pop off after getting a critical. But, then again, I'm an RPG nut.
Unique weapons that don't suck. Seriously, who's gonna use Sledge's shotgun, over one that's x4 elemental with better stats?

That's all I can think of at the moment. What are yours?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 4:38 am

More interaction with NPC's outside the bounty boards.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 9:38 am

i agree that most of the guns you get from bosses are kind of a let down. i liked kroms sidarm, it was good for a bit. the three shot burst when zoomed was helpful.
dont remember fighting skazilla lol. tougher bosses towards the end would be sweet. (is like everywhere you shoot on "the destroyer" a crit? cause it seemed like it)
i dont like that the game will start getting super jumpy and slow if you leave too much stuff on the ground. gets annoying. happened to me again on fastness yesterday. maybe i should change my class mod so i dont have like 7 on my ransack and swipe skills Razz
alien guns = disapointment

2 cents
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 9:41 am

Thunder storm I like, but non of the others.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 9:50 am

its the best one. i just need to get my proficiency up so i can shoot better
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 10:57 am

If I could get anything changed in this game, it would be the map screen and the directional thingy that leads you to each current mission. I just get lost all the time. Now, it is known I am a bit slow, but with all the different types of markers for games they really could have done something easier for us dim wits. At least show me on the map where my currently active mission is, so as Im driving around lost trying to find it, I can at least pull up the map and see if I am anywhere near it or not.

It was during one of these "spend a half an hour trying to find my mission" deals that I stumbled across the cave that led me to Zombie island.

Oh my hard! Theres zombies everywhere. And I thought a pack of skags were a pain in the arse? They got nothing on zombies.

A correction, I am a lvl 19 heavy support gunner?
(Cant remember the exact classification thing)

That reminds me, I have come across a couple other class mods for guys Im not using. I know this was asked once but I dont remember where. Do I keep them and use them when I do a play through with those guys? Or will I have to find them again? Id ask if anyone wants them, but I get the impression most everyone has beat this game 500 times already.
Oh, and another re asked question....what the hell do I do with a gabillion zombie brains?
Back to top Go down

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Back to top