Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

Borderlands - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 2:02 pm

Um... Wrong thread, guys?
I don't recall any Christmas music in Borderlands. lol
Though there is a Christmas tree. And a leg lamp.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:34 am

Raging cause I ain't got the Credit for this, but I shall, in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 4:03 pm

I'll make you a deal. Tell me when you get it, then I'll get it too. We can tackle the Island of Doctor Ned together.
Borderlands - Page 3 486751
Been meaning to play this game some more, and I figure the new DLC would be the right time to start a new character.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 5:18 pm

I think I'll be getting this around Christmas.

I cant wait. It looks so fun
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:36 pm

cheers
I look forward to slaying the bandits and assorted creatures of Pandora with ya, Sixer.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 4:08 am

It is a lotta fun with the right. If only I could figure out how to get me chat working and get my mic to charge. Bloody thing.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:18 pm

I'm this for the rest of the day/night.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:40 pm

If anyone would like then I should be able to play some Borderlands on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 7:50 pm

I'm up for that!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:44 am

I'll be lookin' for you this afternoon (for me anyways) if you're still interested. Likely around 1 or 2 PM. That's your 7 or 8, I believe.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:01 pm

Double Post

Can't make it today. Sorry to cancel again. Try to make it in the future.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 4:06 pm

Cock tease leaving me with blue balls.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 6:25 pm

I know that was really last minute there. Sorry. Embarassed
But, really, did you think I'd leave them any other color? Suspect
I will do my best to catch you and Sixer in the future. Seems like I'm having to cancel every other time. Sad
*sigh* Such is RL.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 4:04 pm

Don't worry about it at all bud I understand.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Hey everyone. How goes the adventuring in Pandora?

Picked this up about a week ago, have a 50 Mordecai right now, on 2.5. I've been playing quite a bit though, and farming New Haven. Playing with a buddy, as a Brick.

If anybody is down for some co-oping, or wants some help running through stuff, I'd be more than glad to lend a hand. Have COMs for just about every build, currently rolling Gunslinger.

I've got a few random oranges sitting in my inventory, two Hellfires, a Volcano I don't use, two Defilers, and I'm looking for the legendary Jakobs shotgun. If anyone's interested, I'd really dig trying to find it for my buddy, and try to work out a trade. If there's a more specific orange/pearl you're looking for, I farm Haven and Fastness pretty frequently, so I can keep an eye out, as well.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 6:29 pm

With most of my personal goals in Brutal Legend about finished, I'll be playing this much more soon. Anyone who would like to get me on their friend list, just shoot me an inv.

Im not a high level, nor do I have lots of stuff.
Just a warning.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 9:05 am

Play with me and you will be High Level with lots of cool stuff. Hmmm gonna go work on my Brick now.
Back to top Go down
kratosXS
Sixth Nation
kratosXS

Nation Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:43 am

So if I get this now it's not too late to get a few games in with you guys, is it?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 12:21 pm

Hell no. I'll join anyone straight off that has this game. First thing I do when I get on the comp, check who's playing borderlands and tell em to invite me!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:58 pm

Ditto, K. Be happy to play with you. Plus, they appear to be planning to release a fairly steady stream of DLC for it, so I think the game's playability will hang on for quite some time.
If you see me online, then feel free to send me an invite once you get the game.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:20 am

Looks like Canon and Matt Doucette are back into playing this game, should prolly hook up with them when you see em online, since they never come here anymore Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 3:46 am

Zombie Island of Doctor Ned
Players will have to work alongside Dr. Ned as they embark on a quest to cure the inhabitants of Jakobs Cove in this full-fledged expansion filled with new enemies, new quests and rare loot drops.

Features
  • An all-new explorable region entitled "Jakobs Cove"
  • New undead enemies (Zombie-themed, including pumpkin heads and Tankenstein)
  • 20 new missions
  • Five new Trophies and Achievements
  • Minimum Level Requirement: 10. Enemies scale according to player's current story progress in playthrough 1, 2, and 2.5.
  • Two new Claptrap Rescue [+6 Backpack slots(+3 for each playthrough)]
  • New unique weapons
  • New Class Mods

Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot
Mad Moxxi is a thrill-seeking woman in search of a new husband. Having gone through three husbands already, her search has led her to becoming the Ring Master/Hostess and Commentator of the Underdome. She considers the Underdome and the excitement of the competition like matrimony and plans to stay only as long as the thrill lasts. Gameplay will include three new Riot Mode arenas where players will fight AI-controlled enemies (PvE) in single player or multiplayer. The expansion starts with a mission entitled "Prove Yourself" in which the player must complete all three arenas.

Features
  • Three new Riot Arenas
  • Bank to store items (FINALLY!)
  • Two additional skill points as mission rewards
  • New game mode, with waves of enemies
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

Nation Reputation : 32

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 pm

Yep.
I'm additcted to borderlands.
It's pretty much everything I like about Diablo, with fps thrown in. And buying stuff. And driving around in cars.

I'm level 34 now, I think. Most of my weapons are in the 15,000 dollar range. Found a 55,000 dollar sniper tonight, and actually squealed like a little girl. So loud, in fact, that my wife called down, kinda knowing what must have happened, "You're so ghey I'm surprised the neighbors don't know." Laughing

Like I care. Rolling Eyes Between my new sniper rifle, and this-a-here acid spewing maching gun with virtually unlimited ammo, I'll have their heads open and bodies dissolved in under 10 seconds if they say something... Laughing

I'm thinking of playing through next go round as either Brick or the sniper dude. Any imput would be appreciated. I'm always looking for playmates too. Cool

And not just the ones that fold out.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:26 am

Spongebobnopants wrote:
Looks like Canon and Matt Doucette are back into playing this game, should prolly hook up with them when you see em online, since they never come here anymore Rolling Eyes

I see Canon on it sometimes. I'll be jumping back in now. I finaly got this damn trophy Ive been working for in BL

RxforEggNog wrote:
Yep.
I'm additcted to borderlands.
It's pretty much everything I like about Diablo, with fps thrown in. And buying stuff. And driving around in cars.

I'm level 34 now, I think. Most of my weapons are in the 15,000 dollar range. Found a 55,000 dollar sniper tonight, and actually squealed like a little girl. So loud, in fact, that my wife called down, kinda knowing what must have happened, "You're so ghey I'm surprised the neighbors don't know." Laughing

Like I care. Rolling Eyes Between my new sniper rifle, and this-a-here acid spewing maching gun with virtually unlimited ammo, I'll have their heads open and bodies dissolved in under 10 seconds if they say something... Laughing

I'm thinking of playing through next go round as either Brick or the sniper dude. Any imput would be appreciated. I'm always looking for playmates too. Cool

wow, deja vus. Laughing

finally, I think I will be dl Dr Neds
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 2:09 am

Congrats on the BL trophy, Sixer.
RxforEggNog wrote:
Oh, darn. *folds back up*

I haven't played as Brick yet, so I can't offer much advice. My Mordecai, however, is level 50. Smile I can offer advice on my build if you'd like.
Don't neglect your birdie. Bloodwing is the pwnzors.
If you're planning on playing as a team member more than solo, then I strongly recommend the Ransack and Swipe skills. The latter makes enemies drop money, health, and ammo whenever he hits, and the former makes people drop more stuff. Your friends will love you.
Healing can be a bit of an issue for a while since Mordecai has relatively low health. Get a good shield. (On a really lucky drop I got a nice one with, I think, 1200 charge. Cool ) However, once you get Out for Blood (life leech), your healing woes diminish considerably, only to vanish later with other skills thrown in. In fact, with Swift Strike, Out for Blood, and Bird of Prey (Increases the number of enemies he can hit.), you'll be hard pressed to die. Throw in Carrion Call (reduce Bloodwing's cool down with every sniper rifle shot), and the world's your oyster.
And that's just with your bird. Thrown in a good sniper rifle... I got a nice Volcano sniper with the red text "Pele demands a sacrifice!". Huge fire damage, plus splash with x4 elemental effect chance. With Focus for steadier aim, Caliber for higher rifle damage, and a couple points in Deadly for better crits...
Nothing lives. Nothing.
Ariel Impact is good, but I prefer to leave the stunning to Lilith. Better at it.
I've heard nothing but good things about pistol/revolver builds for Mordecai too. A friend of mine has a setup with the right gun that makes it so that every bullet he fires is actually twenty bullets 80% of the time. Shocked
Back to top Go down

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Back to top