Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

Borderlands - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 10:51 am

Good game Wadey. Can't get over me left all me good gear in the locker lol.
Sorry for sucking on that part of game. Next time me will have me scarey guns instead of the weak ones for hunting Skyscraper.
For everyone else this was happened hell of a lot. Dingo is down Wadey revives and repeat over 20 times. Wadey is down Dingo on other side of arena and tries to one man army over to Wadey then realises Wadey second winded and Dingo gets shot down
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

Nation Reputation : 32

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 6:34 pm

What do you use for Skyscraper / Crawmerax hunting, dingo?
I have a 4 set I typically use that works well, but I'm interested in what others use.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 7:12 pm

No Dingo I was the one that sucked can't believe it took me so long to figure out the order of the waves I was all ways in the wrong spot and that bloody car run me over twice!
But once we took high ground like you sed we almost got there I'll be on this most of the week so feel free to join again Smile
I thought your guns wer awesome compered to mine now that you helped me go from level 60-64 I'm gunna go ransack knoxxs armary again!

For skyscraper I just use a car
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Bacon wrote:
No Dingo I was the one that sucked can't believe it took me so long to figure out the order of the waves I was all ways in the wrong spot and that bloody car run me over twice!
But once we took high ground like you sed we almost got there I'll be on this most of the week so feel free to join again Smile
I thought your guns wer awesome compered to mine now that you helped me go from level 60-64 I'm gunna go ransack knoxxs armary again!

ProTip- use the car to get skyyscraper down to under 5%, and from a safe distance, get out of the car, and finish with the weapon you most need leveled up. You'll pick up a bunch of weapon levels quickly that way.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 8:03 pm

Rxforwar wrote:
I have a 4 set I typically use that works well, but I'm interested in what others use.

Volcano, Thunderstorm, Corrosive Shotgun, Hellfire SMG. Longbow grenades.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 8:31 pm

Rxforwar wrote:
Me just uses SMGs with high rate of fire and ammo regen. Me never uses the car as me gets up close and take out all the critical spots in secs. Just hate the spawning of other skyscraper bugs when you taking on 2 at 1 time.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 8:41 pm

Rxforwar wrote:
Bacon wrote:

ProTip- use the car to get skyyscraper down to under 5%, and from a safe distance, get out of the car, and finish with the weapon you most need leveled up. You'll pick up a bunch of weapon levels quickly that way.
wow, that sounds so easy. when I 1st played I maxed out my SMG by running through the area up to the final boss in the main game (that was before any dlc was released)
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:31 pm

For Crawmerax, I equip my Mercenary COM for Lilith. To hit its weak spots, I use an Anarchy SMG. The armored craw worms get a taste of the Pestilent Defiler. For the craw maggots, Shock Equalizer. I used to use the Fire Equalizer for the green craw worms, but I found using one of my Hellfires to be much more effective. Right before Crawmerax is finished, I switch to the Catalyst COM so I can get +2 team find rare items. I also keep a Savior SMG in my backpack in case I need to regenerate SMG ammo.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:21 am

wow since i played with Dingo last night and going fro 60-64 the enemies are
much harder now and my guns seem crap.
i could down knoxx in about 2-3 mins now i took me like 10 mins was hard as hell!
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:44 am

Me and my boy just restarted this also. I traded up for a game of the year edition. Great prep for B2 and we have loads of fun. Any suggestions for an order to the DLC ? I think Claptraps New Robot Revolution loaded up
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 4:03 am

Order I would go with is Zombies, Armoury, Claptrap Robo Revolution. Madd Moxxi is more of a seperate thing.
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:21 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Rxforwar wrote:

That there is the interesting one for me. I haven't really found a shotty yet I like for hunting big game like sky or craw, or one that recovers quickly enough to repel the green craw worms that works as well as a defiler.

I use a shock thanatos, a really scary defiler, a hellfire, and a skullmasher for actually hitting craw or sky. I love my skullmasher in a way I don't believe people were supposed to love their guns. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:38 am

Lod wrote:
Order I would go with is Zombies, Armoury, Claptrap Robo Revolution. Madd Moxxi is more of a seperate thing.

Thanks ! Appreciate it. +1
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:48 am

Oh and as for set up of what I go with, pretty much whatever Monkey gives me then I fall off the mountain when I go after Crawmerax
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 11:27 am

Lod wrote:

Agreed.

Rxforwar wrote:
CobaltMonkey wrote:
Rxforwar wrote:

That there is the interesting one for me. I haven't really found a shotty yet I like for hunting big game like sky or craw, or one that recovers quickly enough to repel the green craw worms that works as well as a defiler.

Have you ever tried out a Maliwan Crux?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 11:51 am

I believe I use a Vitriolic Crux.
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:51 pm

That is a good corrosive gun, no doubt. Maybe I'm just not a shotty fan. The defiler is just so boss, and I've got a really good one, so I don't play with other guns much. Plus finding one with a good reload time seems to always be a chore. I have a serpens that I'm fond of too, but I still prefer my six-shot defiler when dealing acid damage.

The best acid gun I found was a variant of the chicito(sp?) amigo, that came with X2 acid. The rate of fire, with the acid damage added, with the gunslinger mod for mordi, with my skill tree maxed out for 2-for-1 shots, made it fire so fast I dubbed it "knoxbuster", b/c I could drop him, solo, at roughly the same time as the FIRST WAVE of support robots was dispatched. So these devastators would come walking up, and were like "hey, you seen knox around here?" Laughing

"Well, his feet are over there..." *points*
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 6:20 pm

I wish my dad played Borderlands with me Neutral

I envy your son.
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:05 am

Not everyone is a gamer, dude.
My son is so excited that we'll be able to play campaign co-op online that he's becoming unmanageable. Thus, I use duct-tape. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:09 am

Ninjas use duct tape?

We need a co-op day one day
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:32 am

I'm stocked up on Duct Tape.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:40 am

Ninjas have all sorts of tools, and duct tape can be used to fix just about anything, so why wouldn't a ninja have duct tape?
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:46 am

@ Nobody +1 for socialization post

@ Liam you wont need duct tape for a while, I use rope, its easier to take off and less messy. I know my Boy Scout training would come in handy.

My guns are crappy. I have a lot of them but they all seem meh. I give my son the decent ones I think.
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:56 pm

So Borderlands 2 is gonna have the ability to "sell guns for real money"?
Anyone confirm, and link?
And yes, I'm in the wrong thread for this. So? Laughing

Also, Jakobs guns are beast, so as to be on topic.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 39 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Ye Gods, I hope not.
:sick2:
Searching shows nothing but Blizzard fanboy daydreaming, so I'm not too worried.
Back to top Go down

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Back to top