The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Civil War!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:12 pm

A New Hope
It is a period of civil war. Rebel space ships....

Oh wait.

Wrong civil war. Embarassed

Lets try again.

It is a period of civil war!!!

The Sixth Nation having grown since it's conception has left mock and fake unrest in it's people. The Loyalist Faction has been dealt blow after blow from rebel attacks. Leaders must rise to rally their own troops. Multiple factions begin to grow.
The war of building a larger community has begun.
Where do you fall in the story?

The idea
Belongs to mofo. But I come first to lay the ground work.
Willing forum members work to build their own faction. Factions would be broken into Usergroups. The leader of each faction will be placed as the moderator of their respective group. It is up to the volunteering leaders to rally their own troops out of the existing member base, or bring in some outside friends. Build their own strategies. And compete against the other factions to build awesome topics, help build user base, and promote the forum in all ways possible.

The Scoring
Has yet to be worked out, but some type of point system can be devised. It will be pretty clear anyhow as to which faction is gaining the most headway. More details on this will probably come in edits.

There can be only one
Actually there can be more than one. And this is the point of the contest. The winning faction becomes the alternative set to The Loyalists. So from that point on, any forum user who gains "loyalist" status can then choose which of the two groups they would like to be placed in. The existing Loyalist group, or the new faction that has won the war. Everything about the new group will be the same as The Loyalists, but different in name only. They will share the same hidden forum....etc.

Medals of Honor
So what do you, the common forum user who rises to this challenge as a Faction Leader get.
If the winning factions leader is not "loyalist" already, he will be after contest.
Same for the leader of the faction that is second runner up.

The runner up leader however will have a decision to make. Join the Loyalist Faction...or the Faction that bested his/hers.

In closing
This is a great idea imo to get all in the community, regardless of why they are here, working together in a fun and playful way to build the forum over all. Making good topics that keep people posting. Building user base etc. These will become the battles that rage between factions. If many participate, this can really help put the peddle to the floor on filling this place with new and friendly faces to interact with.

This war may just be getting started.
Can you rise to the call of duty?

Last edited by SixHousePull on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:45 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:15 pm

This is post 2.
Here is where factions and eventually scores will be listed.
I have made a new and temporary "dummy" Loyalist usergroup, and an untitled one for mofo as well.
I will go ahead and place your current soldiers in the groups, but I have made you each the moderator of your group so you can add/ remove people as you need to.

I'll remind anyone willing to aid one of these factions that you can apply in the usergroups page. Click the USERGROUPS button in the navigation bar above, and then the link of the group you want to apply to. You can also post your willingness to help in the appropriate and yet to be designated area. For now you can use this thread.
Or...you can say to heck with these two sets of clowns and start your own faction!
That will show em a thing or two.

NOTE: If applying in the UG page, apply to THE Loyalists Group.
The one that simply says Loyalists, is the active list of the current and previous Loyalists of our forum.

The Factions

Faction:The Loyalists
Total war points:41

Faction Leader
Liam---Begins with Nation Rep Points At: 38

Soldiers
  • Cobalt Monkey---Begins with Nation Rep Points At:40
  • RatchetH22---Begins with Nation Rep Points At:15
  • SayberLeigh---Begins with Nation rep points At:1
  • TRVJAG1---begins with nation Rep Points At:2
  • ToXXic---Begins with nation Rep points at: 2
  • [>P<]ozzy5150---Begins With Nation Rep Points At: 0
  • jon1798---Begins with Nation rep points at: 12
  • kratosXS---Begins with Nation rep points at: 16
  • eve_ofdestructin---Begins with Nation Rep points at: 3
  • omega9---Begins with Nation Rep points at: 4
  • spongebobnopants---Begins with Nation Rep Points at: 1
  • insomniac14---Begins with Nation Rep Points at: 1
  • crashnbyrne---Begins with Nation Rep points at: 6
  • NinjaBig---Begins with nation rep points at: 0

Faction:Disobedience
Total War points:52

Faction Leader
mthrfckr1002---Begins With Nation Rep Points At:6

Soldiers
  • eattheword---Begins With Nation Rep Points At: 31
  • chica---Begins With Nation Rep Points At: 2
  • Captain_Sensible---Begins with Nation Rep points at: 0
  • Chrisbond007---Begins with nation Rep points at:
  • KInstinct---Begins With Nation Rep Points At: 1
  • Bunglin---Begins With Nation Rep Points At: 3
  • Sony_G4mer---Begins With Nation Rep Points At: 0
  • Wh1ttle---Begins With Nation Rep Points At: 0
  • -Dj- --- Begins with nation Rep points at: 8
  • deadeyez---Beings with nation Rep Points at: 0
  • ja-rfm---Beings with nation Rep Points at: 0
  • Saber15---Beings with nation Rep Points at: 0
  • Sparra---Begins with nation Rep points at: 0
  • unclej---Begins with Nation Rep points at: 0
  • NoName_ --- Begins with Nation Rep points at: 0
  • Carter777---Begins with nation Rep points at: 0
  • Vergil_ ---Begins with Nation Rep points at: 0

War Points

To win the civil war, a faction must have the highest amount of points awarded to them before the wars D-Day of Dec, 31st, 2009.
Leaders/groups can recruit members to their faction by referring new people to register for the forums, or using the current member base whether they are highly active here or not. Wise leaders will use the Members List as a possible recruiting roster.

Each faction consisting of at least 4 members will begin the war with an automatic 10 War points

More points will be awarded as:

• By getting a new person to register for the forums a faction will earn 5 War points per member they get to register.

@SixHousePull wrote:
    If they are a newly registered user, yes, your group is awarded 5 War Points.
    I should add the same rule we used for the past new member Contest, in that the newly registered user must make at LEAST 1 post, and that being in the New Members Thread. We want to meet new people, and we can't do that if they dont post.

It would be a good idea to have them also include a small line as to who referred them here, so we can ensure the correct faction is receiving the points.

A reminder that we can see IP address numbers, so if anyone is caught trying to make multiple accounts in the hopes for quick points it will not end well for that faction.
  • Getting an already, yet inactive member back into the forum and posting regularly, a faction will earn 3 War points per member.
  • Every time a factions member makes a topic that is deemed a solid contribution to the forum that faction will earn 2 War points. The member who made the post will automatically receive a +1 vote from me adding to their Nation Reputation Point value.
  • Every time a faction member receives a +1 vote to any post they have made by ANY other member of the forum, and that post is viewed by the moderation staff as helpful, constructive..etc.... the faction will earn 1 War point.
    Do not abuse this option to build points by voting for your own teams posts. If it is even remotely suspected, this option will immediately be removed, and your faction may risk disqualification. DON'T DO IT!
    Also, do not run about and vote your enemy factions posts with a -vote.

• For any in game (ie, MW2, R2, Factions choice) "fun night" hosted event through the forum, the faction will earn 10 War points.

Sometimes in war, you have to roll the dice and gamble.
A faction can choose to declare a Skirmish on any other faction which would take place in a game as long as these requirements are met.

• A declaration of war is posted in the Civil War forums.
    In it must be listed:
    -The Faction you challenge
    -The game in which you challenge your opponents
    -The number of War points you wager for the battle.
    -Any other important need to know info
  • Both factions in a majority rules, agree to the terms of the battle
  • Battles must be 1v1, 2v2, or full team matches (this is to allow a wider variety of games to choose from. Fighters, shooters, racers, etc)
  • Proof of an actual winner can be shown in photo, or a ref can be present

The faction who wins the Skirmish, takes the wagered points

I advise each faction to have an assigned person to help keep an accurate account of their factions points. I'll do the best I can to stay on top of what ever but i am only human. Between me, mods, and a faction member there should be little error.

As easy as it may seem to earn points, they can be lost too. If members are found posting in violation of the current SixthNation forum rules, in a mean spirited or nasty fashion, or generally become inactive in the war over time, the faction will begin to see a decrease in their values.

If a faction disbands and joins another faction no points will carry over

If a faction splits and someone creates a different faction..No points will carry over

Most of these war point rules will be moderated, judged, and decided upon by the moderators of the SixthNation, as we have a few Admins already in the fray. That's why I myself will not be getting involved in this beyond acting as the over seer of it all. The dungeon master...if you will.

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end
At the end of the war the faction with the most War points wins.
Winners claim the "Loyalist" status, but under their chosen Factions name thus creating another higher ranking usergroup of the SixthNation.

As any member of the sixthnation receives the highest rank in our forum they can choose to join the pre existing Loyalist group, or the newly created group that rises from the ashes of this war.

Edits and changes may come as this shapes up more.

Last edited by Sixer Claus on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:56 pm; edited 39 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:59 pm

I like this idea. I think it'll be fun.
Can't wait to see how it plays out.

Civil War!!!!! Cobalt-1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 4:29 am

Come forth people of the nation, come forth and do war, your Dark Lords of the Sixth Command ye!

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Civil War!!!!! Eb1yq9
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mthrfckr1002
Fifth Nation
mthrfckr1002

Nation Reputation : 8

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:33 pm

i want to be a faction leader cheers
anybody have the stones to take me on
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:40 am

*A new Challenger Enters! With rocks in his pants*

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Civil War!!!!! Eb1yq9
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 6:45 am

'cmon, 'cmon.. roll up, roll up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 6:59 am

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Civil War!!!!! Eb1yq9
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mthrfckr1002
Fifth Nation
mthrfckr1002

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:12 am

ill ask sabre if he wants to be a faction leader against me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mthrfckr1002
Fifth Nation
mthrfckr1002

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:55 pm

maybe we should try moving this to a more active forum
maybe random chat
if it don't work there just lock it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 10:16 pm

Good idea.

Moved
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation
SparklyBazongaz,

Nation Reputation : 37

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 10:21 pm

i dont get it.. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 10:31 pm

I originally thought that this would be a series of competative online games between two predetermined teams. That would be fun too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:06 am

It would. Not just Posting in the forum but we should take it outside the forum to. Create Games where teams can be of both sides and have em duke it out.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Civil War!!!!! Eb1yq9
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRVJAG1
Sixth Nation
TRVJAG1

Nation Reputation : 6

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:18 am

Liam wrote:
It would. Not just Posting in the forum but we should take it outside the forum to. Create Games where teams can be of both sides and have em duke it out.

Game suggestions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:36 am

The ones where you can create your own private games and invite people in would be my choice.

R2
MW2 do that?
Driving Games where you can race each other like say Burnout or GTAIV
Any suggestions yourself Jag?

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Civil War!!!!! Eb1yq9
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation
SparklyBazongaz,

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:59 am

Liam wrote:
The ones where you can create your own private games and invite people in would be my choice.

R2
MW2 do that?
Driving Games where you can race each other like say Burnout or GTAIV
Any suggestions yourself Jag?

i know its directed at jag.. but yeah

uhm.. all i can think of is like maybe need for speed
grand turismo 5 (lol i cant spell it :S)
maybe socom 2 (again i cant spell :S)
Call of Duty.. any of them ayye

uhm..
hmm..
im not sure ayye.
Fall Of Man?
and R2
i was going to say Fallout3 but that doesnt have multipayer >=Z

yeah thats all i can really think of?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:03 am

No worries, wish fallout did have multi.

Borderlands would be another, but that would take some working out.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Civil War!!!!! Eb1yq9
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 6:45 am

Well the games idea is a good one but something I would rather wait to do until AFTER the next "real" faction is made. That way we we can continue to have a source of fun to go to beyond this part in the actual building of the groups.
As of now, there is no one to fight no one in any game.

The original idea was for mofo to find a few followers, go heads up against one of the Loyalists and their chosen followers, and use this as a tool to get more people in the forum, keep active and fun topics rolling, and just put the nail in the coffin on filling this place up with people. How that would be done is up to the factions. Hosting their own outside, in game events, just keeping good topics here (the kind people come back to read and post in), or just having good ideas as to how to promote the site in general or just spread the word.

Most of the current loyalists just couldn't commit to something like that right now, so we though about bringing it to the open forum to see who may step up. Realizing that this may create a couple factions or more only sweetened the idea for me.
The winning faction becomes another "Loyalist" group and its leader and soldiers takes that rank and status giving them not only the honor of naming that new "loyalist like" group for the Nation, but access to those hidden forums etc.

But the idea was also thrown out to use this as a test, and to see if it would be worth trying to make up other types of fun, mock wars we can have.
Pirates vs Ninjas
Monsters vs Aliens
Bacon vs ....not bacon???

idk....just fun silly stuff

Based on the response this drew, i cant say it would be worth the efforts to try any other types of wars.

Im gonna be point blank, cause well, thats how I am.
The initial lack of a response by all to this was a disappointment to me. Ive fought very hard to fight the image that this forum is just a clans forum. Ive done as much as I can, and even though there were other more important reasons, I even went so far as to rename my clan to abolish any confusion. This is eveyones chance to rise up now and make it THEIR forum.
Not six's clans forum.
Not just some other video game forum.
You get to name a damn part of this place. Be an active member in the continued construction and building of this forum.

Look where we are now. If we can keep the peddle to the floor guys we will only continue to grow. Its more friends for all of us.
But like all forums that takes active participation of its users.

I see a host of guests floating on all day.
REGISTER.
Become an active member. I wish it were, but its not enough to just sit back and read the posts, and listen to the play lists, and play the flash games. I appreciate anyone who even just visits here, as its a confirmation that some things here must be going right, but everyone needs to participate through out or this forum is doomed already. I cant tell you how happy it makes me to even see discussion in this thread.

I cant say it enough....this is OUR forum guys, and you'll only get out what you put in.
Now is the time to make it your forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mthrfckr1002
Fifth Nation
mthrfckr1002

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:38 am

im willing to be faction leader
all we need is one or hopefully two more faction leaders to start this off
and six is right this isn't his forum its ours and we need to take ownership of it
and get off are butts and make it better get more people here posting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:53 am

I wanna be a faction leader.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Civil War!!!!! Eb1yq9
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:26 am

Sweet.

So we can go Liam repping the Loyalists? Or would you like to make a seperate one? (Thats fine too)
And mofo and his band of merry men?

Anyone else?

Even if you'd rather just aid a faction leader, here is where to post that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:20 pm

Stick me with the Loyalists. o.O that sounds weird from a republican...
JOIN ME!

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Civil War!!!!! Eb1yq9
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:41 pm

I will support Lord Lesus with my all!
Let us go forth and spread your divine wisdom!
:atyourfeet: Civil War!!!!! 88885

Civil War!!!!! Cobalt-1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation
SparklyBazongaz,

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:54 pm

ill support someone?

i guess whoever will take me in, and let me help them in their quest to being a cool dude, then im in!

Last edited by SayberLeigh on Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had to edit a few.. err.. unaceptable things.. O.o)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

Civil War!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civil War!!!!!   Civil War!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Civil War!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Community Gatherings :: Contests and Events :: The Sixth Nations Civil War-
Jump to: