Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Bethesda Softworks' WET

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

Bethesda Softworks' WET Empty
PostSubject: Bethesda Softworks' WET   Bethesda Softworks' WET EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:58 pm

So in Bethesda Sofworks' WET you take control of the raven haired mistress of mayhem Rubi Malone in a Quentin Tarantino inspired third person shooter. However that's not Rubi's only bag of tricks, throughout the game you'll be swinging from poles, sliding down ladders, and all sorts of other acrobatic antics while letting the bullets fly and bringing the pain.

I find this game really fun so far and highly entertaining, but unfortunately me being not so bright decided to start the game on the Hard difficulty setting because I found out the trophies stack and decided I could cut down the amount of playthroughs by doing so and haven't managed to make it too far yet. But anyway besides a lack of judgement on this part I decided to make a new thread to see what everybody else's opinions are on the game, and to see if we can help out some fellow members who are playing WET and could use a little bit of help and advice.

Last edited by StreetxRacer13 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda Softworks' WET   Bethesda Softworks' WET EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 2:50 am

IMHO, you should play every game on at least the hard setting if you want to get value for money from your experience. Very Happy= :D

I downloaded the demo for this game and thought it was a little too stylised to the point of affecting gameplay. Obviously, with the full version you also get the whole story building as you progress so I did wonder if I was being a little pre-judgmental and it was maybe just the fault of the demo that it didn't seem fleshed out enough in the gameplay department... How's it play right from the start, Racer? Thinking
Back to top Go down
TRVJAG1
Sixth Nation
TRVJAG1

Nation Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda Softworks' WET   Bethesda Softworks' WET EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 3:05 am

Bethesda, sounds familiar. Where have i heard that company before? Thinking
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda Softworks' WET   Bethesda Softworks' WET EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 3:21 am

TRVJAG1 wrote:

After typing 'Bethesda' into a search engine... (Really not as hard as you like to make out, Jag Rolling Eyes ) ...You'll find that it's the same company that did Fallout 3.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda Softworks' WET   Bethesda Softworks' WET EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 4:06 am

And Elder Scrolls
Back to top Go down
kratosXS
Sixth Nation
kratosXS

Nation Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda Softworks' WET   Bethesda Softworks' WET EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 5:12 am

Leo-Ho-Ho_337 wrote:
IMHO, you should play every game on at least the hard setting if you want to get value for money from your experience. Very Happy= :D

I downloaded the demo for this game and thought it was a little too stylised to the point of affecting gameplay. Obviously, with the full version you also get the whole story building as you progress so I did wonder if I was being a little pre-judgmental and it was maybe just the fault of the demo that it didn't seem fleshed out enough in the gameplay department... How's it play right from the start, Racer? Thinking

I agree with Leo in that hard difficulty is the level to start on. I learned that myself after playing through every level in R2. There usually isn't that much difference between normal and hard. The difference comes in if there is an unlockable level (Superhuman in R2). If this game appears hard on hard difficulty, then it may not have a next game option. Even if it is hard now, it's still worth playing it through on hard. What's the worst that can happen? You die a few times and have to respawn. I would bet that the amount of time you spend repawning would still not amount to the time you would spend playing through an extra level.

I'd love to help out racer, but I'm currently coming to the end of the excellent Assassin's Creed 2. After that it's on to God of War collection, to help my namesake get some long overdue trophies. Laughing cheers :excitedsign:
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda Softworks' WET   Bethesda Softworks' WET EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 6:52 am

Not sure on it myself. I need more details.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda Softworks' WET   Bethesda Softworks' WET EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 1:55 pm

I do agree with both you Kratos and Leo. I didn't know what I was getting myself into however so I recently went back and started on Normal difficulty (I had only made it to like Chapter 4 so it was no big) but I do intend on playing on the harder setting as I get a better grasp on game flow, and how to play the game better. So I'm sure by the time I'm done with my first playthrough I'll be able to do better on the higher settings. There are 2 unlockable difficulties in WET: Femme Fetale (Ultra Hard) and then Golden Bullets. In Golden Bullets mode you apparently get one hit kills, but the enemies do much more damage so I figure that one wont' be too difficult.

As for your question Leo, the first chapter in the game: Chinatown Rundown and Chapter 2: Vehicular Carnage are the same levels as the demo, but the demo gives you a taste of the "Rage Mode". After chapters 1 and 2 we find out that they were a prequel-ish thing, because before Chapter 3 begins, there's one of those little "One Year Later..." things. That's all on that for now, cuz I don't wanna give away some spoilers of the plot.

From the start of the game though, they give you a little tutorial to get used to the controls and how game flow goes, but from the start it's pretty sharp. I have seen a few things that were different from the demo so far, but I can't exactly pin what they are. So in the final version it is more polished than the demo. Also another pro tip from good ol' me: Turn off the film grain filter, the graphics are very good, but the film grain filter that adds to the whole grindhouse feel kind of hides how good the visuals actually are. The filter was a tad annoying to me, so I turned it off and was like "Wow, this game actually looks better without it." But of course I've just got a little old TV in my room so I'm missing out on the full experience with all of my games cuz I'm not playing in High Def. :[

Hope that helps you guys get a little better idea of how it plays.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda Softworks' WET   Bethesda Softworks' WET EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 2:58 pm

Cool stuff, Racer. Wink

I'll put it on my pre-owned buy list, after I clear some of this backlog of games I've got. Laughing

Now, if you could just put the 'W' back in the title of this thread... Or is it supposed to be an 'N'? Thinking
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda Softworks' WET   Bethesda Softworks' WET EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 3:05 pm

Leo-Ho-Ho_337 wrote:
TRVJAG1 wrote:

After typing 'Bethesda' into a search engine... (Really not as hard as you like to make out, Jag Rolling Eyes ) ...You'll find that it's the same company that did Fallout 3.
Thinking fallout3 that game sounds familiar scratch Thinking Laughing
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda Softworks' WET   Bethesda Softworks' WET EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 3:27 pm

Leo-Ho-Ho_337 wrote:
Cool stuff, Racer. Wink

I'll put it on my pre-owned buy list, after I clear some of this backlog of games I've got. Laughing

Now, if you could just put the 'W' back in the title of this thread... Or is it supposed to be an 'N'? Thinking

You're welcome my good man, and yes I noticed after I posted it there was a W missing out of the word "Softworks". I went back and fixed it, problem solved :]
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda Softworks' WET   Bethesda Softworks' WET EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 9:59 am

Aaw... You mean it wasn't "SoftNorks"?? Crying or Very sad

Maybe I won't get this game after all. Laughing
Back to top Go down
TRVJAG1
Sixth Nation
TRVJAG1

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda Softworks' WET   Bethesda Softworks' WET EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 12:42 am

Leo-Ho-Ho_337 wrote:

lol thats funny, SoftNorks.

Hey street, hows it going?
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda Softworks' WET   Bethesda Softworks' WET EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 1:46 am

TRVJAG1 wrote:
Leo-Ho-Ho_337 wrote:

That's good Leo Laughing

And to Trav, things are just going, nothing too spectacular lately. How 'bout yourself?
Back to top Go down
TRVJAG1
Sixth Nation
TRVJAG1

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda Softworks' WET   Bethesda Softworks' WET EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 2:44 am

StreetxRacer13 wrote:
TRVJAG1 wrote:
Leo-Ho-Ho_337 wrote:

That's good Leo Laughing

And to Trav, things are just going, nothing too spectacular lately. How 'bout yourself?

Thats good street, and im good. Thanks for asking me to. And call me Jag, for short.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda Softworks' WET   Bethesda Softworks' WET EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 1:51 pm

You're welcome, and will do Jag.
Back to top Go down

Bethesda Softworks' WET

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sixth Nation Gaming :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Shooters-
Jump to: