The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

TV remote turns on my Radio.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: TV remote turns on my Radio.   Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:08 pm

My boyfriend does not believe me that my 32" Samsung 720P LCD TV's remote turns on my radio. SO I showed him.... that every single time I press the source button to switch from PS3 to Cable my radio turns on. And then when I hit the Mute button the radio station changes between the presets I have saved on my Radio. So now to stop the problem from scaring the crap outta me... I have to have the sensor on my radio covered (which does not help much cuz it has been covered for like 2 years) and turn the volume all the way off because the thing is loud and has lots of bass otherwise.

So now Jeremiah (the boyfriend) thinks that the TV remote will work on other items in the house. He tried the new JVC car radio that we both got... Nope doesn't work. The thing that makes me laugh is the radio is like 7 years old if not older and it's a Philips.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strange_Notes
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 7

PostSubject: Re: TV remote turns on my Radio.   Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:14 pm

you sure you havent got the Radio Controller tongue tongue tongue

i couldnt resist bounce hehehehehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: TV remote turns on my Radio.   Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:24 pm

The radio remote got thrown away last year when the batteries corroded in it and it stopped working
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: TV remote turns on my Radio.   Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:30 pm

I had the same problem, the controller for the TV also switched the radio on/off. Now we have changed the TV so it does not happen anymore.

I used to have a program in the mobile that you could use as a remote for pretty much everything (if the mobile had Irda), you just had to select the brand and model of whatever you wanted to use it with. It didn't always work, but as a joke or to change the channels at the pub was quite cool lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: TV remote turns on my Radio.   Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I had the same problem, the controller for the TV also switched the radio on/off. Now we have changed the TV so it does not happen anymore.

I used to have a program in the mobile that you could use as a remote for pretty much everything (if the mobile had Irda), you just had to select the brand and model of whatever you wanted to use it with. It didn't always work, but as a joke or to change the channels at the pub was quite cool lol
i remember when I was little I bought my dad a universal remote kit where you built your own. and he made me make it. and I would always take it to the bar and stuff and turn off the TVs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: TV remote turns on my Radio.   Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:59 am

I want one of those!

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo_337
14th Nation

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: TV remote turns on my Radio.   Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:34 am

My TV stops my Cable-box remote from working... Crying or Very sad

Seriously, if I turn off the TV it works fine except you can't see what you're doing, as long as you can remember how many presses of each button you need it works a charm. Laughing

E-mailed LG and they reckon it's impossible for the TV to send out any signal to the Cable-box to block the remote. Now I'm wondering if the Government is finally onto me. Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: TV remote turns on my Radio.   Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:40 am

When you ring up and say that something is happening that shouldn't be happening the first reply's always fall under "It shouldn't be doing that." or "Its not possible for it to do that." Invite the fuckers over so they can see for themselves.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: TV remote turns on my Radio.   Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:17 am

Liam wrote:
I want one of those!
Have a look to see if you can get it for your mobile, if you have IRda on it there is a chance that there is software to do it.

E-mailed LG and they reckon it's impossible for the TV to send out any signal to the Cable-box to block the remote. Now I'm wondering if the Government is finally onto me. Suspect

I have one of those transmitters/receivers things to send the TV's signal to the other room, it is connected to the TV (because the Freeview is internal) and sends whatever we are watching to the other room. In order to be able to change channels from the other room, you need to put one small receiver extension close to the IRda in the TV. It is like an almond size black thing with a cable that you put close to where the TV receives the instructions from the TV remote. Ok, so we have just found out that if this transmitter is on, the controller from the TV only works 30% of the times. We thought it was broken after a few months, but we switched off the transmitter and now it works all the times, so it was the transmitter the one that was creating some kind of blockage/interference of the signal. You might have a similar problem there. Can you put them further appart?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo_337
14th Nation

PostSubject: Re: TV remote turns on my Radio.   Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:08 am

I don't have a transmitter on my TV, how could I move it further away? scratch

LG said the TV doesn't send any signal of any kind, there's no way that it could interfere with the Digi-box. I might video it happening and send it to them, see what they say then. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: TV remote turns on my Radio.   Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:46 am

I don't have a transmitter on my TV, how could I move it further away? scratch

LG said the TV doesn't send any signal of any kind, there's no way that it could interfere with the Digi-box. I might video it happening and send it to them, see what they say then. Very Happy= :D

Lol

I meant to put your digibox and your TV as far as possible to check if they interfere with each other or something. Is it too close to your neighbour's wall? lol Months ago my neighbour could change the channels on my TV ... I asume it was the neighbour and not a ghost Shocked

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: TV remote turns on my Radio.   Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:51 am

I tried that once with my sky remote out on the balcony of the apartments and aimed at someones sky box, Lisa could hear someone shouting stop sitting on the remote you fecking eejit from the woman to her fella. Never did it again. Poor guy.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo_337
14th Nation

PostSubject: Re: TV remote turns on my Radio.   Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:59 am

I'm pretty much tied by the length of the scart lead, plus LG insist it can't be that anyway. It definitely works when the TV is off, so it must be my TV and not the neighbours. Thinking

I don't actually watch much of the cable TV now anyway, I can never remember when the programmes are on each week so I generally catch them on iPlayer or other internet 'On demand' services. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: TV remote turns on my Radio.   Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:47 am

I have fun with Customer Service... Charter always says it's not them. Then Linksys says it's Charter. So then Charter says it is the PS3. So then Sony says it is Linksys and Charter. and then I figure it out myself realizing it is all 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: TV remote turns on my Radio.   Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:32 pm

So last night I get super pissed cuz I can hear music/talking and i think it's jeremiah's tv too loud. so I open up his door and walk in and his tv is off. the damn radio turned on again and i didn't even use the source button
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: TV remote turns on my Radio.   Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:53 am

Its a possessed item, some ghost is attempting to communicate with you. In a few years time there will be a movie about the whole thing that will scare audiences across America and you'll be a crazy lady.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TV remote turns on my Radio.   

Back to top Go down

TV remote turns on my Radio.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: