The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

What's your favourite place for a holiday or romantic long weekend?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: What's your favourite place for a holiday or romantic long weekend?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:03 am

Well, we (my bf and I) are planning some kind of holiday next year but I haven't got a clue where to go.
I was thinking that as we (forum members) all are from different countries, and we probably have been to different places, maybe we could share places and discover great places to go on holiday.

What's your favourite place for a holiday? Where would you recommend to go?

I was thinking of Barbados, as I saw that a 7 day all inclusive for two from UK (flights, meals, hotel) is under 2500 GBP or 4000 USD, and without meals is under 1700 GPB / 2700 USD for both of us. It would be on the top of our budget, but as it would be for next year or so, we could start saving now.

Any recommendation?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kratosXS
Sixth Nation

Nation Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite place for a holiday or romantic long weekend?   Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:05 pm

Don't go to Limerick anyway. It's always raining. Laughing

Outside of that I have no advice to give. You see I'm not a travelling guru.

The farthest I've ever gone from Ireland is London. I know. I get around, don't I.

I'm sure there's enough Wilbury's around to help you out though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite place for a holiday or romantic long weekend?   Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:25 am

Best advice I can give is "Don't come to Missouri". Not that I wouldn't be delighted to meet you, it's just that there's not a lot here.
Excerpt from the Missouri Tourism Board's pamphlet:
"Come 'er, y'all! We got us sum trees n' a purdy lake er two n' some trees n' a big ol' bended up piece a metal at's eben biggerdn' a buncha houses! Oh, and did I mention the trees? And don't you be forgettin' the moodiest weather you ever did see."
One can only assume they were referencing the Arch, and not one of the many, many scrap heaps that pass for lawns around here.

I've never gotten to do much traveling. Never been on vacation anywhere. I hope to someday, but if that day is coming then it's a long way off. Doesn't help that I get motion sick when not driving. silent pale

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpongeBobNoPants
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite place for a holiday or romantic long weekend?   Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:44 am

Dude I totally feel your pain, I went to Fort Leonardwood, MO for basic training during the summer months, I freakin hated it! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kratosXS
Sixth Nation

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite place for a holiday or romantic long weekend?   Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:54 am

Cobalt Monkey wrote:

I've never gotten to do much traveling. Never been on vacation anywhere. I hope to someday, but if that day is coming then it's a long way off. Doesn't help that I get motion sick when not driving. silent pale

Same here. Like I said, I don't travel much either. Apart from London. I love London. It's a great city. So much to do, and because it's close , I don't feel lost when I go there. It's a home from home.

Now come on guys. The lady asked for help in picking out a suitable destination for a holiday. Surely there's someone on the forum that likes to travel. Even if you don't, try selling your country. Do a little bit for the tourist industry. There's enough of us on here from all over the world to be able to give her some ideas. It's important when planning a holiday to be able to pick a nice destination. Holidays should be stored as treasures in our memories. Let's all get together to come up with a suitable venue for one of our colleagues to remember. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance myself Seyel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dingo
Ninth Nation

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite place for a holiday or romantic long weekend?   Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:17 am

Anywhere in Australia or New Zealand.
Byron Bay is a nice place but lots of backpackers.
Sunshine Coast is good but swimming at beaches a no go due to box jellyfish around in summer.

South Island of New Zealand is nice and cool with lots of fun stuff to do.

Me fav place to go is me super soft bed ^_^

Just remember this Nearly everything in OZ can kill you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite place for a holiday or romantic long weekend?   Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:48 pm

Newcastle...
no..
The Entrance..
Australia Very Happy= :D

freaking love that place.

The beach is so awesome and beautiful.
There are heaaappss of things to do.
Yummy resturants.. and ice cream places.
Where i stay, its like 5 minutes walk from the beach...
Aha you can feed the pelicans. Laughing

yeah Very Happy= :D
its pretty awesome Very Happy= :D

other than that. i havnt traved more than 1 hr away from home.. pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite place for a holiday or romantic long weekend?   Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:50 pm

While you two are deciding where to go... You can pay for me to go to New Zealand.....

Don't go to Paris even though people call it romantic and what not... it isn't. Tourists everywhere... Annoying mad Parisians making rude comments etc. ESPECIALLY if you don't speak french.

Try somewhere off the map. Somewhere people do not go very often. Unless you speak more than one language stay somewhere that has English as a Primary or Secondary language. Choose... Tropical, Snowy, Artsy, Etc. Then find somewhere like that online. Search it... figure out when the best time to travel there is. etc etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eve
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 26

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite place for a holiday or romantic long weekend?   Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:45 pm

i might be going to New Zealand with the family for a whole 365 days because my mom wants to go on a teacher exchange and the whole family has to go . now it was either N Z or Australia. either way they both have sand and water Cool
idk if i want to though. pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kratosXS
Sixth Nation

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite place for a holiday or romantic long weekend?   Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:53 am

eve wrote:
i might be going to New Zealand with the family for a whole 365 days because my mom wants to go on a teacher exchange and the whole family has to go . now it was either N Z or Australia. either way they both have sand and water Cool

Good job your known here as eve then. Everything down under is opposite to us. Our Winter is their Summer. When it's cold here, it's hot there etc.

But you'll always be eve to us, as even written backwards your still eve. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite place for a holiday or romantic long weekend?   Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:06 pm

kratosXS wrote:

Now come on guys. The lady asked for help in picking out a suitable destination for a holiday. Surely there's someone on the forum that likes to travel.

Thanks Kratos Smile

eve wrote:

wow! I think that is great! I would like to be able to go for a year, knowing that I will not only have a job there when I go, but also one if/when I come back. I think it is a great chance to travel, experience new things, and then go back to normality. It is like an extended holiday. Smile

Well, my problem is that I don't travel much, and I really want this trip to be special. I got engaged on New Year's Eve, and we were planning to do it somewhere around the world, which is why I was asking around if any of you know of a great beautiful romantic place Very Happy= :D

Excited

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 32

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite place for a holiday or romantic long weekend?   Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:31 pm

Punta Cana in the Dominican is usually very nice, esp if you go all inclusive.
I don't know the extent to which that side of Hispanola was hit by the earthquake, but assuming it's still standing, it's cheap, beautiful, and nice.

I have nothing but good things to say about Aruba too. It's a very safe place, beautiful, and below the hurricane belt, so you can go whenever, and not have to worry too much about the weather.

I'm a big fan of Vegas, but that's not much to see, really. I like New Orleans a great deal too. Paradise Island in the Bahamas is great...not cheap, but great. The resort there is one of the prettiest places I've ever been.

There are a lot of places over there I'd love to see, esp your home country...but being as how you're from there, it must make it a bit less excititng. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite place for a holiday or romantic long weekend?   Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:52 am

To be honest I love traveling I just cannot afford it. But my favorite place to go Is Daytona Beach Florida. But the most romantic place I have been was when me and a past boyfriend just rented a little cabin for the week in the woods during winter... We spent the whole week together... we went snowmobiling, ice fishing, etc. and we even planned it our for the perfect time cuz we actually got snowed in for 2 whole days and did not have tv or anything so we just spent those two days doing nothing but talking and what not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite place for a holiday or romantic long weekend?   Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:00 am

Donegal or Kerry here in Ireland are good breaks for those wanting to get away with either plenty to do or nothing to do other than enjoy each others company.

Thinking One of my brothers loves to go to Rome. Paris is another.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jon1798
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 17

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite place for a holiday or romantic long weekend?   Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:14 am

RxforEggNog wrote:
Punta Cana in the Dominican is usually very nice, esp if you go all inclusive.
I don't know the extent to which that side of Hispanola was hit by the earthquake, but assuming it's still standing, it's cheap, beautiful, and nice.

I have nothing but good things to say about Aruba too. It's a very safe place, beautiful, and below the hurricane belt, so you can go whenever, and not have to worry too much about the weather.

I'm a big fan of Vegas, but that's not much to see, really. I like New Orleans a great deal too. Paradise Island in the Bahamas is great...not cheap, but great. The resort there is one of the prettiest places I've ever been.

There are a lot of places over there I'd love to see, esp your home country...but being as how you're from there, it must make it a bit less excititng. Very Happy= :D

Wow, some good calls here RX. I of course am from New Orleans. GREAT place to visit, lots to see and do, I personally wouldn't think romantic though. If ya'll want to go out, drink, and have a good time on your trip, you can do a lot of that here.

Paradise Island in the Bahamas is where my wife and I went on our honeymoon. Honestly one of the most amazing things I've ever done in my life. If you can at all afford it, it's a no brainer. But it's not on the cheap.

Aruba I believe is the place where the US girl was kidnapped and killed. I had a friend get married there. I've also been to Grand Caymen which was nice, but expensive also. Cancun, Cozumel, Costa Maya, etc. which are all good to have fun, romantic might be a stretch depending on where you stay.

Key West was a pretty nice place I thought.

You can't go too wrong in the caribbean. I also think New York is an amazing place to go. I think it's romantic but in a totally different way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite place for a holiday or romantic long weekend?   Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:15 am

Ya but Paris is a hard one to choose a time of the year... It is either filled with tourists or filled with Parisians that are rude to you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite place for a holiday or romantic long weekend?   Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:35 am

What I'm wondering though is why if it is a romantic weekend would it matter about other people?

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insom
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite place for a holiday or romantic long weekend?   Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:49 am

I personally loved paris, mainly because I had a local to show me the sights. I'm sure if she's not too busy tox would be happy to meet you guys too. It's got a good public transport system and most of the touristy spots are close enough together.

In Ireland, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , I work there so I have to plug it. In our area it's not so much romantic but there is a definite natural beauty, mountains, seaside, rivers, lakes, waterfalls, national parks, surf lessons, horseback riding on the beach, go karting, paintballing, 50+ in a town with a population of roughly 3000, award winning guinness, local music, traditional and modern, historical sites, I will be more than happy to meet you guys.

@kratos: You're from limerick? What part? My mum's from Moyross/Ballynanty. We live in North Leitrim coz that's where dad's from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite place for a holiday or romantic long weekend?   

Back to top Go down

What's your favourite place for a holiday or romantic long weekend?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: