Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

AvP (Demo is out)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

AvP (Demo is out) Empty
PostSubject: AvP (Demo is out)   AvP (Demo is out) EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 3:41 pm

this game rocks
anyone else getting this game?
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

AvP (Demo is out) Empty
PostSubject: Re: AvP (Demo is out)   AvP (Demo is out) EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 3:43 pm

Nope
not me Rolling Eyes Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

Nation Reputation : 36

AvP (Demo is out) Empty
PostSubject: Re: AvP (Demo is out)   AvP (Demo is out) EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 9:23 pm

I grabbed the demo for this, earlier. Played a few games, and I'm not quite sure what to think about it, yet. Running around the ceilings as an Alien and grabbing Marines was definitely pretty cool, though.

Playing as a Marine definitely feels frantic. I haven't gotten to explore the level very much, running around gibbing stuff as an Alien, so I'm not sure how much difference something like the Smartgun would make. Haven't gotten around to playing as the Predators yet, it was taking forever to find games, when I was on, so I gave up for a while.
Back to top Go down

AvP (Demo is out) Empty
PostSubject: Re: AvP (Demo is out)   AvP (Demo is out) EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 9:39 pm

Meh, I didnt have much fun playing the demo, so I probably wont be picking this up.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

AvP (Demo is out) Empty
PostSubject: Re: AvP (Demo is out)   AvP (Demo is out) EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 9:49 pm

It's a little frustrating getting tossed into a FFA right off the bat, and I still don't entirely get what's going on, but I had enough fun running around on walls and the ceiling, that I'll keep looking into it.

Everything seemed relatively well balanced, and I noticed a bit of a rock/paper/scissors thing going on, but that's based on like, six rounds, so far, so I could definitely be reading into things incorrectly. Still looking foward to giving it another shot or two, to see if I can't form a more definite opinion. I'm definitely interested in seeing how they're going to try to differentiate themselves from the other "FPS" titles right now.
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

AvP (Demo is out) Empty
PostSubject: Re: AvP (Demo is out)   AvP (Demo is out) EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 9:58 pm

R u only played against me
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

Nation Reputation : 30

AvP (Demo is out) Empty
PostSubject: Re: AvP (Demo is out)   AvP (Demo is out) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 12:32 am

I tried to play this earlier, excited because I never got a chance to play the earlier AvP titles. However, the matchmaker wouldn't even find me a game after a half hour, so I gave up Neutral
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

AvP (Demo is out) Empty
PostSubject: Re: AvP (Demo is out)   AvP (Demo is out) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 1:09 pm

The Matchmaker is definitely very hit or miss. My first couple of games took less than a minute to find, and then I'd go upwards of half an hour, finding nothing. Fortunately, I think Rebellion has confirmed the game will launch with dedicated servers.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

AvP (Demo is out) Empty
PostSubject: Re: AvP (Demo is out)   AvP (Demo is out) EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:39 am

I like the idea and all, but I think I'll wait till the full game comes out before I try it. I always have wanted to try one of these games.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

AvP (Demo is out) Empty
PostSubject: Re: AvP (Demo is out)   AvP (Demo is out) EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 6:04 am

Liam wrote:
I like the idea and all, but I think I'll wait till the full game comes out before I try it. I always have wanted to try one of these games.
Yeah, same here, hopefully it doesnt blow huge alien chunks dude. 👽 :Magician: What a Face
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

AvP (Demo is out) Empty
PostSubject: Re: AvP (Demo is out)   AvP (Demo is out) EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 6:15 am

Verily. I remember the Predetor Games were crap and the Alien games too (for the consoles)
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

AvP (Demo is out) Empty
PostSubject: Re: AvP (Demo is out)   AvP (Demo is out) EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 6:34 am

None were good.
I stick with Chimera for ma alienz. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

AvP (Demo is out) Empty
PostSubject: Re: AvP (Demo is out)   AvP (Demo is out) EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 6:35 am

Hopefully the original bad ass aliens get there limelight on the consoles like they should have done ages ago.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

AvP (Demo is out) Empty
PostSubject: Re: AvP (Demo is out)   AvP (Demo is out) EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 6:44 am

I just wanna rip out an alien's spine and make cute little soup bowls outta human skulls, is that too much to ask? Thinking
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

AvP (Demo is out) Empty
PostSubject: Re: AvP (Demo is out)   AvP (Demo is out) EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 8:30 am

Course not, its every litte boy and girls dream
Back to top Go down
aquaknux
Second Nation
aquaknux

Nation Reputation : 0

AvP (Demo is out) Empty
PostSubject: Re: AvP (Demo is out)   AvP (Demo is out) EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:53 am

Its not that i wouldnt get this game... its just that there are other games i prefer right about now...
such as heavy rain and final fantasy
having too many games at once ruins the experience in my view...
Back to top Go down

AvP (Demo is out)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top