The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Sixth Nation Archaeologist of the Week

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Sixth Nation Archaeologist of the Week   Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:47 pm

Welcome to Nostalgia isn't what it used to be:
or Sixth Nation Archaeologist of the Week

The other day I was thinking about some of the great online moments I have had in the two years or so since I started using internet forums. I am sure that many of you already have some classic posts etched in your memory that still make you laugh, smile, cry (in a good way) or think more deeply about something and that you would like other people to be reminded of that post. So, now that Sixth Nation is coming up for its first birthday I thought it would be fun to start a new weekly competition. The concept is simple. All you have to do is dig up a favourite post made by someone else that you think represents the best this forum has to offer and post the link here together with a short (a sentence or two) nomination stating why you think the post is particularly noteworthy. Each week I will paste up here the nominations for the week and a selected panel of judges will vote for the winning post. To the person who nominated the winning post I will award six Nation Points.

Here are the rules:
  • Only posts in the public area of the forum will be accepted, so please do not link to posts in the Loyalist, 18+, or private clan boards.
  • You may not nominate your own post.
  • You may only nominate one post in any voting period.
  • Each nomination shall comprise: 1) a link to the nominated post and 2) a statement saying why the post is being nominated
  • Do not solicit nominations. I would ask anyone who receives a request from somebody to nominate their posts to report it to a mod or admin immediately.
  • Only the winning nominator will receive points; the author of the winning post will receive the glory of having their great post paraded as Sixth Nation Archaeology Find Of The Week and the adulation from the rest of the forum membership that goes with being so famous.
  • The person who nominates the winning post will receive six Nation Points and the title Sixth Nation Archaeologist Of The Week.
  • At the end of each voting period the nomination posts will be moved to a hidden section of the forum so as not to clutter up this thread (moving rather than deleting the posts ensures post counts are not affected).

Ok, so that's it. Get nominating. Remember, you can only choose to nominate one post each week so if you change your mind please edit your post and let me know you have edited your post. If anyone wants to supply a Sixth Nation Archaeologist Of The Week user bar for the winner to use that would be great (also, perhaps a SixthNation Archaeology Find Of The Week user bar?)

Last edited by eattheword on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Archaeologist of the Week   Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:47 pm

Week 1 Nominations

Post/thread: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nominated by: Liam

Nomination Reason: "To be honest with you the whole thread I reckon." (not sure that's a reason but I think the thread is self-explanatory)

Last edited by eattheword on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Archaeologist of the Week   Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:53 pm

This is an awesome idea eat!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Archaeologist of the Week   Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:45 am

insomniac14 wrote:
Hey guys.

The lovely Toxxic has been put on bedrest for 8 days. Not my place to say what for, just want a favour.

If you could all post a get well soon message for her and if possible how she's helped you out in some way.

I just want her to feel as loved as possible, you guys are her friends so I know you'll come through for me here.

I'll start:
I love you T, with all that I am. I'll be at your disposal night and day for a cuddle.
Because of you I got through the worst times in my life with a new friend for life.
XX Andrew.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

To be honest with you the whole thread I reckon.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Archaeologist of the Week   

Back to top Go down

Sixth Nation Archaeologist of the Week

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-