The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Raistlin
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 67

PostSubject: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:12 am

While I realize not everyone here is from Vancouver, and not everyone may even care about Hockey,(or if they are they may not be Canucks fans) I'll be updating this thread as the Canucks go farther and farther into the playoffs with videos on a game by game basis until the Canucks win the Stanley Cup or until they are eliminated. Soooo excited!

Soooo here we goooooo!

To Get rolling for the playoffs, there was a bit of drama. Henrik Sedin was tied with Alexander Ovechkin for the lead in NHL scoring and needed as many points as he could get in his last game to overtake Ovechkin and hopefully give him enough of a cushion to stay ahead of him as Ovechkin was playing his final game the next day. Versus a Calgary Flame team that had nothing to play for (they weren't going into the playoffs), magic happened.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A 4 point night from 4 Assists gave Henrik a total of 112 points for the year (29 Goals - 89 Assists) and it eventually held up to win the scoring race.

With that setting the stage the Canucks now head into the post season.

April 13 Addition! You can feel the city just revving up for it. Only 2 days away!

ROUND ONE

(3) Vancouver Canucks - 103 pts
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

VS

(6) LA Kings - 101 pts

2009 - 2010 Season Series - Vancouver 3 Wins - 1 Loss | Los Angeles 1 Win - 3 Losses

ROUND 1 SCHEDULE

Game 1 - Canucks: 3 - Los Angeles: 2 (OT)

TV Intro

Game Highlights - Including a monster hit On Drew Doughty and THE Save by Luongo.

Game 2: - Canucks: 2 - Los Angeles: 3 (OT)

Game 3: - Canucks: 3 - Los Angeles: 5

Game 4: - Canucks: 6 - Los Angeles: 4

Canucks First
Canucks Second
Canucks Third
Canucks Fourth
Canucks Fifth
Canucks Sixth

Game 5: - Canucks: 7 - Los Angeles: 2

Canucks First
Canucks Second
Canucks Third
Canucks Fourth
Canucks Fifth
Canucks Sixth
Canucks Seventh

Rypien Beats Down A Cocky, Annoying Pest in Rich Clune. That should teach him to keep his toothless mouth shut.

Game 6: - Canucks: 4 - Los Angeles: 2

Canucks 1st

AMAZING SAVE by Lou - Game Saver

Canucks 2nd

Canucks 3rd

Canucks 4th
POst Game Handshakes/Celebrations

ROUND TWO

(3) Vancouver Canucks - 103 pts

VS

(2) Chicago Blackhawks - 112 pts

Last edited by Raistlin on Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:32 pm; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:51 pm

I'm afraid the only time I've really paid attention to any Canucks was during the Olympics. Embarassed

Very heavy medals, btw. Thick too. Royal Canadian Mint was showing off big time.

Sorry, off-topic. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raistlin
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:05 pm

Did you get a chance to get close to the medals? If so, you are one lucky girl!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:09 pm

Er, close is a bit of an understatement. Razz The Royal Canadian Mint pavilion was cool.

I have a glove that I got on the first Wednesday of the Olympics that says "I touched a Gold medal" that I got when I went to see them with my friends. I went with my family on the Thursday and they had regular white gloves that you had to give back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charlie
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:14 pm

I was watching your YouTube videos covering this, Raist. I didn't realize how much Vancouver got into this sort of thing Shocked

Well then again, I suppose that Toronto would be like that if the Maple Leafs ever made the playoffs (AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA not going to happen Suspect ). Oh, the joy of living in the middle of nowhere where the biggest hockey parties are a bunch of drunken dads sitting around a TV. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raistlin
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:14 pm

Charlie - it was the Olympics hehe. It wasn't just a regular hockey game or event. Of course....you can expect riots here if We get anywhere Near the Stanley Cup Wink

Stella - That must have been amazing! Due to work I couldnt spend as much time as I wanted doing stuff downtown. Plus when I did go down the lins were crazzzzyyyy hehe.

Speaking of which: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] That was just to get into a place to watch the gold medal game on TV.....I waited like 3+ hours to get into the German house first weekend. It was inasnity. But it was still such an amazing atmosphere. I loved it. Excited
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:25 pm

On Wednesday I went down and waited maybe four hours to get in line to see the medals. I don't know what I was thinking, it must've been because I woke up so early Razz (and that park Colbert was supposed to be in was PACKED). On Thursday though I went around dinner time and the wait was much shorter. The line moved three times as fast as it did the morning before. The medals were pretty cool, but they were "musuem pieces" so none of them were going to the athletes, which took some of the coolness out of them.

Sochi World was lame, IMO. You didn't miss anything, except a chance to hold the 2010 torch, although they did have that at Canada's pavilion, didn't they? I went to Sasketchewan, Ontario and Quebec houses and I was rather disappointed with them. If you didn't want to watch hockey all day and drink, then you essentially had nothing to do. Northern House was the best house I went to though. Very Happy= :D

I need my own blabbing thread... Razz That might be a bad idead though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charlie
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Charlie - it was the Olympics hehe. It wasn't just a regular hockey game or event. Of course....you can expect riots here if We get anywhere Near the Stanley Cup Wink

Oh Embarassed That makes a whole lot more sense Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
banded1
Tenth Nation

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:20 pm

UnicornCharlie wrote:
Oh, the joy of living in the middle of nowhere where the biggest hockey parties are a bunch of drunken dads sitting around a TV. Neutral

midland is that far out there lol
barrie is like 20 mins away, just hop in a car and your there in no time.. we have some pretty mean parties Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charlie
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:54 pm

45 minutes away, actually Razz My sister lives in Barrie and she says that it gets pretty crazy during holidays (oh the stories I heard of St Pattie Day Shocked ), but I think I enjoy living in the middle of (almost) nowhere. Atleast I can get through the streets during the Olympics Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
banded1
Tenth Nation

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:57 pm

my friends and i must drive too fast then lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eve
Eighth Nation

Nation Reputation : 26

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:09 pm

UnicornCharlie wrote:
45 minutes away, actually Razz My sister lives in Barrie and she says that it gets pretty crazy during holidays (oh the stories I heard of St Pattie Day Shocked ), but I think I enjoy living in the middle of (almost) nowhere. Atleast I can get through the streets during the Olympics Wink

lol, we can get through them.... just some parts of barrie take a long time to get through Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:15 pm

Drive? During Olympics? Shocked

That was crazy. Good thing I wasn't doing the driving. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eve
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:30 pm

thats alright, neither was B or me.
me because i'm only 15 tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raistlin
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:49 am

Bump for new content to OP. 2 days away!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raistlin
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:56 am

Canucks win game 1 to take the lead in the 7 game series. Amazing hits and a glorious save to keep the game alive in overtime by Luongo.

Great intro by CBC and game highlights are now in the OP.

Go Canucks! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charlie
Seventh Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:31 am

GO CANUCKS! cheers

I'll have to go watch those highlights
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raistlin
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:58 am

I recommend it. Great action! Can't wait for game 2!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Luongo's always saving the day. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eve
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:28 pm

and the pucks Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 pm

Well played. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Dj-
Seventh Nation

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:37 pm

Goooo Toronto Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eve
Eighth Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:28 am

yeeeei!!
TDOT!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azira
13th Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:45 pm

Vancouver > Toronto 'cause we had Olympics.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mthrfckr1002
Fifth Nation

Nation Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:06 pm

go hawks lol gl to your team also
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Official Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Playoff 2009/2010 Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: