The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Racer's Art Gallery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racer's Art Gallery   Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:25 pm

Thanks Charlie. I took that, did some layer mode effects to make Method Man look darker, and just kinda kept with the cover art theme and made it look firey.
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 26

PostSubject: Re: Racer's Art Gallery   Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Yeah probably. I need to get Photoshop 7 working again. I have Elements on my laptop, and making borders with that is a pain in the rear end.

hit ctrl+a > edit > stroke > ***make sure that pixels are selected*** chose the number of pixels you would like and a colour then vwalla you got yourself a boarder Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Racer's Art Gallery   Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 12:12 am

Ah, thanks man. Using the layer effects in 7 made it so easy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Racer's Art Gallery   Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:58 pm

Got any current projects, Street?
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Racer's Art Gallery   Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:21 pm

Nope, haven't thought of anything good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Racer's Art Gallery   Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:23 pm

Ah. Right now I'm probably going to start refocusing on my planets. What can I say? I love making them. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Racer's Art Gallery   Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 11:08 pm

Spoiler:

Two new additions, I think the second one came out better.

Last edited by StreetxRacer13 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Racer's Art Gallery   Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:24 am

I like it, very different. Clap

Is that French? What does it say? scratch
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Racer's Art Gallery   Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 6:49 am

Second one did come out better, but I like the effect that you have on the first one for the Black thingy as well.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Racer's Art Gallery   Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:46 am

Thanks guys.

It is French Leo, it says "Pieuvre Armement". Literally "Octopus Armaments". It's the name of one of the PMC Groups in Metal Gear Solid 4, led by Laughing Octopus. That's why I went with that render that kind of looked like tentacles.

For those interested here's the article: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Racer's Art Gallery   Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:56 pm

Spoiler:

For Six.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Racer's Art Gallery   Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 2:18 am

Forgot to add these as I made them. If I do use the ones made for myself again, the Ax!s tags will be removed for obvious reasons, but for gallery purposes (and laziness) they are to be left on for now.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Racer's Art Gallery   Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 2:09 pm

The SuperDragon one is my favourite.. I like your monochromatic style too, bud, pretty unique. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Racer's Art Gallery   Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 4:34 pm

Thanks Leo. To me it doesn't look as impressive as what the others can do, hence why I usually never enter the SOTW contest. I always try the tutorials but tend to botch them somehow, gotta stick with what you know I guess.
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: Racer's Art Gallery   Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 5:11 pm

I like them Street and I honestly think that you should enter the SOTW, it gives you a good reason to practise some more and get better and who knows just because you might not like your sigs as much as what other people are producing, this doesn't necessarily mean that other people think that I mean last SOTW I submitted a super old sig of mine that no one here had seen just to help create a bit more competition. I was surprised with how it went, barely losing out to Banded's Capelli sig, which I thought was far superior to the one I submitted. So who knows what other people think and as Endlo- always says, we are our hardest critics on ourselves.

The issue I have with your sigs is that the renders look too separate to the background, except for the first photo one. Now while I am personally useless at using renders and tend to steer clear of using them this is just my opinion of sigs that I do like.

SB creates a similar style of sigs to yours, here are some of SBs ones that illustrate the point I mean:

He has managed to use renders but merge them with the background, rather than a distinct separation between the two I think that this is the biggest difference between your sigs and SBs.

Also when you are working through tutorials, don't try to emulate exactly what they are doing in the tutorial, instead pay attention to the techniques as opposed to the particular colours and positioning of brushes etc so you can add these techniques to your set of tools to use when creating your own sigs. It also means that when you are creating a sig from a tutorial you come out of it with something that is your own and you don't just learn how to create that exact sig, you also might discover other things through mistakes you make which could look good.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Racer's Art Gallery   Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 1:30 pm

I do agree, I have a difficult time trying to blend them into the background. I don't know what it is but it just never comes out looking good.

I do attempt that when I try the tutorials, but somewhere something always goes wrong though, and I can never put my finger on it. I'm also the type that doesn't learn things easily when setting off to learn something on my own. Not to mention the completely obvious fact that I get easily discouraged. I'm more the type that physically needs to have someone teach me how to do things.

I've tried various forms of artwork over the years, and despite the amount of practice I put in I can't get over that level of mediocrity that I always peak at. Perhaps I'm not an artist and should pursue a different career and hobby.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Racer's Art Gallery   Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 2:40 pm

Do you happen to know any good tutorial websites Grey?
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Racer's Art Gallery   Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:04 am

Here's another addition, a new sig for Kilmory, and it's V2.

V1

V2
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Racer's Art Gallery   Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 1:20 pm

For Toxxy:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Racer's Art Gallery   Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 1:47 am

New sig that I just made. I really dig the band Demon Hunter's new album art, so I had to incorporate it into a sig.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Racer's Art Gallery   Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 12:26 pm

That is AWESOME.
Cool
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Racer's Art Gallery   Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 12:28 am

Thanks, I didn't do much to it but I'm pleased with the result.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Racer's Art Gallery   Racer's Art Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Racer's Art Gallery

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: User Gen :: Graphic Artists (sigs, manip, etc)-
Jump to: