The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Twisted Metal PS3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:00 pm

Well folks, it seems that a new Twisted Metal has been announced for the PS3. Your thoughts?

Link regarding announcement: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/15/surprise-twisted-metal-coming-to-ps3/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=twistedmetal_061510

Last edited by RatchetH22 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:07 pm

Definately one to watch.
Back to top Go down

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:11 pm

@omega9 wrote:
Definately one to watch.

I can agree to that. I haven;t played a TM game in years, so this one definitely is interesting to me...
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 7:01 pm

sweet i was hoping they would be bringing making TM for ps3
love the game on the ps2 carn't wait
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:02 pm

Ah, I remember Twisted Metal 2 on the PS1. It had graphics and a story so crappy they were awesome. And of course, that wacky Sweet Tooth. Even though he wasn't available from the start.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:13 pm

OMG I LOVED TMs.

This is awesome.

16 players online bounce
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:40 am

Soudns good to me. I really liked Twisted Metal and a game that copied its style, Vigilante 8.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Eighth Nation
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 67

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:45 am

Never really was into this series. So I won't be getting it. But I'm glad many others are happy Smile
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:49 am

...Cars with guns on em that you get to make go boom...

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Ninth Nation
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 19

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:06 am

Yeah, Im gettin' this.
bounce
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:56 am

with a preoder you get to dl twisted metal black for the ps3, The online play for this looks amazing....Helicopters..... i cant wait for this to come out in February
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:03 pm

I'm totally looking forward to this. I pre-ordered my copy online last night I won't be getting it launch day sadly because that's when it's being shipped. I used to borrow Twisted Metal 3 and TM: Black from one of my friends all the time. Such a fun game to play.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:47 pm

Played the demo a few days ago, and WOW.. It plays like crap.. Really dissapointing, I had high hopes .. Sad
Could just be that its unfamiliar but its just so complicated and .. bleh!
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 7:36 am

The controls are difficult , but if I remember correctly they are almost the same as black.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:20 am

Never did play TW:black.. but I did play the ps1 version.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:52 am

Black was my favorite put of the tw series . So far the only issue I have is with Mr grim and crimson fury, they just die way to quickly granted they are super fast and there specials are powerfully, it just dosnt seem to.help them all to much.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 1:43 pm

I'm definitely super excited because the copy I ordered shipped today! What are your thoughts of the game as a whole so far Jaded?
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 3:49 pm

So far I just have the demo to go off of , Im hopping to pick the game up tonight .

I've had a blast with the demo , the controls where a little tough to get used too but once I got them down it was a blast, the helicopter was a pretty cool addition to the gameplay.

Didn't get a chance to try the online during the demo sadly .

Spa I'm digging the new weapons like the sniper rifle and the shot gun .

Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:33 pm

Is it a single player demo or are you referring to the mutiplayer beta that was up not too long ago?

Send me a friend invite Jaded, we'd probably make a pretty good team when it comes to rampaging around blowing stuff up lol.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:55 am

I think it was a 2 in 1 package, with a singleplayer and multiplayer demo that was up last week.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 6:44 am

Yeah it was but when I tried to play multi I was getting connection issues Sad

Just got the game and it does come with a code to dl twisted black Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:10 am

So far I think the game is pretty fun, but I've found myself getting stuck in the Story Mode for Sweet Tooth on the first electric cage match. My grace meter ran out, and I kept getting hit by freeze attacks on the way to the cage after it moves. Any tips?

Also I seem to have gotten a decent grasp on the controls, but I find it easier to use in Dual Stick mode. It would be so much better in my opinion if you could re-map the buttons. If I could just leave it on the default, and then use X for gas and Square for hard turn I'd be set.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:28 am

Yeah I catch my self press x by default a lot and wonder why I'm not moving lol.

As for the electric cage match , are you using sweet tooths car of some one else's? When the cage moves to the ice arena try to get off the ice and on to the top platform because when the cage moves and your stuck on the ice that waste a lot of time . Also try driving with your shield up when moving from cage to cage.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:18 pm

I've been using Death Warrant, (as my main) Outlaw and Sweet Tooth (in the garage).

Thanks for the tips, I'll give it a try. That ice arena is a pain in the ass. And is it just me or does it seem to have you fight in areas where there are like hardly any weapon pick ups? I seem to be mainly relying on my special. Which makes it difficult cuz it seems that everyone is just gunning for you most of the time.
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:30 pm

TM greatest game i played this year
( •_•)
( •_•)<⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
YYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Twisted Metal PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twisted Metal PS3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top