The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Twisted Metal PS3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 1:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I've been using Death Warrant, (as my main) Outlaw and Sweet Tooth (in the garage).

Thanks for the tips, I'll give it a try. That ice arena is a pain in the ass. And is it just me or does it seem to have you fight in areas where there are like hardly any weapon pick ups? I seem to be mainly relying on my special. Which makes it difficult cuz it seems that everyone is just gunning for you most of the time.

Yeah I've noticed they don't really fight each other a lot it always seems like a 1v6 lol
Try going into buildings in the electric cage match I found a lot more in a few buildings it seems like on the out sides its mostly health pick ups. Also have fun with the juggernaut lol
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 6:26 pm

Yeah that juggernaut was pretty interesting. Nice twist to the classic deathmatch mode if you ask me. Right now I'm halfway through the Mr. Grimm storyline.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 10:42 pm

just got past mr . grim going to finish dollface tomorrow. have you tried the online mode yet ?
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 10:46 pm

So many games, so little money.

sigh
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 11:11 pm

just got past mr . grim going to finish dollface tomorrow. have you tried the online mode yet ?

Can't say I have yet because I wanted to finish the story first. Got to the boss for Mr. Grimm and damn, that's pretty tough. Got past the first part where you have to use the nukes to take out the shield, but after that the boss just kept flying around above me and I couldn't get any shots off on it. Any tips there Jaded?

Six wrote:
So many games, so little money. sigh

:[

I'm sure you'll be able to get it soon. Just tell your kids they can't have lunch money for school and have to bring their own.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:07 am

i live under a rock, but is this a psn download or a disc based game?
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 1:51 pm

Its disc based and it comes with a downloadable code for twisted metal black from the ps2
, its like 2 games for the price of one lol

[quote="StreetxRacer13"]

Can't say I have yet because I wanted to finish the story first. Got to the boss for Mr. Grimm and damn, that's pretty tough. Got past the first part where you have to use the nukes to take out the shield, but after that the boss just kept flying around above me and I couldn't get any shots off on it. Any tips there Jaded?

i used sweet tooth for this fight because his special goes through the terrain so as long as its locked on you will be able to get some shots in on her, aslo youll proably have to manual aim when she gets really close

Spoiler:

Six wrote:
So many games, so little money. sigh

And yeah i feel you six ,
kingdom of amuler , armored core 5, resedint evil operation racoon city i need more money lol :C

Also just beat it and watch all the credits ........... Shocked
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 2:27 pm

i used sweet tooth for this fight because his special goes through the terrain so as long as its locked on you will be able to get some shots in on her, aslo youll proably have to manual aim when she gets really close

Spoiler:

My problem was I couldn't get a good lock on because the boss was directly overhead. I'll give that a shot with the ice cream truck. Thanks for the tips again.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:25 pm

no problem i hope it works for you
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:57 pm

I hope so too, just because I could hardly get any shots on the boss after the shield went down. Kept flying over me and the minions kept ramming me off the cliff.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:22 pm

You may want to drive all the way to the opposite end and then swing around and head towards her so that way she won't be hovering over you .
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:32 pm

I tried that with using Road Boat the first time, but I couldn't get enough speed to stay ahead apparently.

*EDIT*

So I managed to get past Iron Maiden thanks to your tips Jaded, but I got raped by the double "improved" Juggernaut match. It seems like Eat Sleep Play really doesn't want you to play the single player in this game and made it short/incredibly difficult as a result.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:51 pm

The double juggernaut took me awhile , I used sweet tooth again, I actually used him for almost everything ,.with the jugs have the mounted guns and get a few misses then just let loose on one you should take it down pretty quick. After its down go get the health pick up by the gas station then load up on weapons and head to town on the other one.

Doll faces story.is by far the most aggravating , the check point race took me almost 45 minutes to beat .

As for online it seems to be bugged with problems I get 13 mbs dl speed and it was telling me I didn't have a fast.enough.connection , I got into one game and it was awesome but after that I couldn't get into a single one , hope there is a patch soon . There is a small chance it could be my router but I'm not the only one having these issue Sad.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:37 am

one thing you could try is disabling your router firewall and go into multiplayer. or make sure you got nat 2 on your connection.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:18 am

Gonna go check out some gameplay vids for this. Would you reccommend it for those who don't play online?

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:46 am

The story line is pretty difficult and short , but there are challenge modes and split screen co op and multiplayer so you don't have to be online to enjoy killing some local friends lol I wouldn't go out and buy it just for the story line, I'd wait till it dropped in price, but if you have a lot of friends over then it wouldn't be a bad choice.

How to you get the Nat 2 on your connection dimick?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:01 am

Open the ports on your router, depending on your router.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:41 pm

As long as you have open NAT 2, you should be fine for the most part. Sony is working on fixing up the online as it's giving everyone trouble. I have open NAT 2 and I received that not-fast-enough error once yesterday, but was fine afterward.

I enjoyed the story. Although, Dollface is just a complete b!t_h. I really don't like her. I could already tell how Calypso was going to grant her wish with the wording she used. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:55 pm

Gonna go check out some gameplay vids for this. Would you reccommend it for those who don't play online?

I'd say it depends on how much of a fan of the Twisted Metal franchise you are. If you're a fan, you'll enjoy the game playing offline doing the story mode and the various challenges. You can also do offline co-op or multiplayer with your friends in split screen. Not sure if there's an online co-op mode, but if there is I'd be willing to hop in game and play it with you Liam.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:32 am

Have you tried it online yet street ?
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:14 pm

I have actually, just played my first Nuke game mode about 20 minutes ago. It was fun, I kinda sucked (went like 5 and 9 I believe, one was a suicide from getting too much speed on the NYC map and flying off into the water), but I did get two hits on the statue. Also finished #1 on my team. Our team lost though. I need to find out how to get into the ranked modes though, is there anything specific you need to do to get in there? Seems to me like you don't get a lot of EXP either.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 6:16 pm

Yeah you don't get much xp , with ranked I think it has it right on the room if its a ranked match, ill have to double check

on another not im still having terrible issues connecting to games i havent been able to connect since two days ago ugghhhh
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:42 pm

I haven't been playing this lately because I got kinda sucked into Soul Calibur V lol. I should get back into Twisted Metal again.

That checkpoint race for Dollface is a gigantic pain. Any tips Jaded?
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 7:23 am

ive been reading in other forums that connection issues are very common, so hopefully the developers are looking into this.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:49 am

I haven't been playing this lately because I got kinda sucked into Soul Calibur V lol. I should get back into Twisted Metal again.

That checkpoint race for Dollface is a gigantic pain. Any tips Jaded?

this took me over an hour to beat ugh, i used kamakazie on this one because crimoson fury was just to fast to control, your going to have to play through it a few times to know when to turn and the little jumps to get to the next check point. i let crimson fury and mr grimm get ahead of me at the very begging then you can usally kill them before the fourth check point. its just going to take a lot of tries

also i set this down until the fix the connection issues Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal PS3   Twisted Metal PS3 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twisted Metal PS3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Fighting, Racing and Sports-
Jump to: