The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Empty
PostSubject: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 6:43 pm

Excited

Portal 2 teaser:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Portal 2 Co-op trailer:

In order of increasing awesomeness:

Portal 2 will be available for PC (Steam), Mac (Steam), Playstation 3, and Xbox 360.

Valve has stated that Steam will be coming to the PS3, allowing players to access their Steam friends list and chat with them. Cross-platform play will be supported between the Steam platforms (PC, Mac) and the Playstation 3.

Valve has also stated that when you buy a copy of the Playstation 3 version of Portal 2, you will receive free copies of Portal 2 for both Steam platforms (PC, Mac).

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Portal 2 will also support user-created content, although only the PC version can create the content.

Last edited by Azira on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 6:48 pm

It certainly was announced on E3! Very Happy= :D
Excited too!

lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 6:56 pm

I want them to keep Wheatley the way he is. I have a soft spot for British accents. Embarassed

Glados:

Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:05 pm

Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I want them to keep Wheatley the way he is. I have a soft spot for British accents. Embarassed

They will be because he's Stephen Merchant, I doubt he would have been cheap to hire so they won't just throw away the recordings if you ask me.

You missed this one, this would have to be one of my favourite Portal 2 videos that I have seen, without having seen that I doubt I would have worked out what to do there, looks like portal 2 is going to have some much harder puzzles than the original. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I hope the cake isn't a lie this time. I want some cake.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:47 pm

Sweet puzzle!
Can't wait to get my hands on this one. I do hope it's a bit longer though.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 3:59 am

Sweet puzzle!
facepalm2
Seriously!?
*Walks off Grumbling about lack of challenge these days*

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 11:17 am

Sweet puzzle!

The Valve guy at PAX said that the singleplayer would be twice as long as the original's and that the co-op would be twice as long as Portal's singleplayer too. I believe that means Portal 2 will be four times longer than Portal.

And I didn't miss any of the videos, I just provided the one that they showed us at PAX.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:17 pm

I have updated the thread with new info.

Portal 2 will be available for PC (Steam), Mac (Steam), Playstation 3, and Xbox 360.

Valve has stated that Steam will be coming to the PS3, allowing players to access their Steam friends list and chat with them. Cross-platform play will be supported between the Steam platforms (PC, Mac) and the Playstation 3.

Valve has also stated that when you buy a copy of the Playstation 3 version of Portal 2, you will receive free copies of Portal 2 for both Steam platforms (PC, Mac).

Portal 2 will also support user-created content, although only the PC version can create the content.

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:03 am

Nice

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 12:41 pm

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:28 pm

Quote :
Valve Plans To Bridge Portal And Portal 2 With A Surprise, Keep Gordon Freeman Out Of It Portal 2 takes place after Portal, long after enough for Aperture Science to be wrecked and covered with plant-life. What happened? Valve plans to explain some of that gap in the coming weeks, before we can play Portal 2 on April 18.

"We're actually going to release something that we're not talking about yet that will give a little bit of the story of the interim time," Erik Wolpaw, one of the writers on Portal 2 told me at PAX East today. "We're doing that before release."

I'm not sure how much detail we're going to get. Valve is being cagey about how we can once again resume the role of test subject Chell even if Aperture seems like it's been through a long period of decay. "You were in this cryo-chamber," Wolpaw told me. "Maybe yours was just better or you're tougher."

Portal games take place in the universe first established in the Half-Life games. And, yes, they do all fit together. "Portal is after Half-Life 1 and before Half-Life 2," Wolpaw said. "Without getting into it too much, Portal 2 is further down the line." I asked if that meant that Portal 2 is, say, after Half-Life Episode 2. He didn't want to get into that.

The Portal and Half-Life games co-exist, but they won't crossover too much, Wolpaw said. "We tried to keep as light a touch about it as we did in Portal 1. Fans of Half-Life will notice some things, but if you haven't played Half-Life they'll just kind of pass right by you. You're not going to see Gordon tromping through the facility." He likened it to how the X-Files had an overarching plot but then also standalone episodes that were a little looser. "Aperture Science is kind of this fun-house of science, this bubble in the otherwise serious Half-Life universe."

We'll have more from Wolpaw and about Portal 2 in the coming days.

Fans of the game should note that the game is being demonstrated in a theater at PAX East, where a new character, Cave Johnson, founder of Aperture Science, is being revealed for the first time. He's voiced by JK Simmons, who played J. Jonah Jameson in the Spider-Man movies. In Portal 2, it's not clear if he's alive, a recording, or what. But he is happy to give you some instructions and to give instructions to those Aperture test subjects who are part praying-mantis. Didn't see them in the demo today!

Back to top Go down
reptile555
Fourth Nation
reptile555

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:01 pm

a little off topic but I couldn't resist Laughing
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 4:59 pm

official portal 2 comics. they cover what happened between 1 and 2.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 5:14 am

A portal was opened between game one that lead to game 2.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 7:56 pm

Well, guess what I'll be playing tomorrow. Cool
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:05 pm

Dominoes?

Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:10 pm

Yes. I will be playing dominoes with Aperture Science turrets.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:12 pm

Sweet. I need to get me some Aperture Dominoes.
Sadly, it'll have to wait a while. I am strongly considering replaying Portal tonight though.

Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:17 pm

Awesome game is bloody awesome.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 9:40 pm

I hear many have beaten it already. Not looking for spoilers or anything, but I would like to know, is it really that short? The estimates I hear are around 5 hours. Did it still cost the same as a full price game?

Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 9:55 pm

No idea, I haven't finished it yet.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 10:03 pm

Two friends of mine beat it this morning. That said, they still need to conquer the co-op.
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 10:08 pm

I don't know about the length, but it seems that the cheapest you'll be getting it for at the moment is $50 (if you get the PC version; the console versions are $10 more). So yeah, about the same as most games.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 10:31 pm

Well, I'll put it this way:

In my particular situation, Portal 2 for the PS3 cost $30, and it cost $30 for the PC. Two copies of the game so the price is split. Since both copies will be used, there's one way that it's worth the money.

Then there's the fact that multiple people in the house will be playing it. So it's not like I'm going to be paying $60 for a brand new game that only I will play, it'll get more value that way.

There's also the fact that I'm a huge Half-Life / Portal universe fan, so I'm going to get enjoyment for that reason, regardless of the previous two situations. All in all, Portal 2 is money well spent for my situation. There will be numerous SP player playthroughs and co-op will probably be just as interesting, so really I can't see anything bad from my point of view for someone in my situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Music and Puzzles-
Jump to: