The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 10:34 pm

There's a chance that I'll be able to get Portal 2 for free. Still working out the details for this.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 10:35 pm

Ah. Thanks, guys.
It'll likely be a while before I can get it, but I'll probably get it used when I do. I have no need for the free PC copy that comes with a new one, and assuming the co-op lasts as long as the main, I just can't see spending that much on 10ish hours of game, even if I do intend to replay it repeatedly. Looks like it's a future bargain bin treasure for me. Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 5:54 am

Ditto.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 1:05 pm

FYI:

The PC/Mac code seems to be only usable if the Steam account is associated with a PSN account. It shouldn't be an issue if you bought the PS3 copy and probably already have a PSN account.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

DB because I finished SP.

It was awesome. The ending was awesome on several levels. I loved it. As good as the first if not better.

Onto co-op! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:58 pm

Nice username you got there.

"Want You Gone" is an amazing song. The second I heard the chorus I knew it was going on my MP3 player.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 12:02 pm

I have to say, "Want You Gone" isn't as good as "Still Alive."

I keep thinking that all the "small" things were better in Portal while the puzzles were absolutely amazing in Portal 2. I have various inklings that annoy me about Portal 2 but I don't think any of them upset me too much.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 1:45 am

Apparently Portal 2 is getting some free DLC.
Quote :
Well, this perhaps goes some way towards making up for the whole over-priced robot hats thingy. Official word has just arrived in our inbox from Valve that the first full-on DLC for the lovely Portal 2 will be free (on all platforms), and promises “new test chambers for players, leaderboards, challenge mode for single and multiplayer modes, and more.” That news again: free. The list of planned content also suggests there’ll be something a little more challenging than in the main game (the arguable ease and signposting of which we had a slight but affectionate moan about in our verdict yesterday), and a chance to really push Portal 2′s crazy physics as far as they’ll go.

A smart move in terms of goodwill generation, I suspect, and hopefully it’ll be top-notch content too. No exact release date yet, but it’s “this Summer”. Doesn’t Summer start on Monday? Maybe it will be Monday! (It won’t be Monday).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][quote]

It's cool that it's free and all, but I have to ask what I always do about DLC released at or near the same time as the game it's for. "Why wasn't this just in the game?"
/Captain Bringdown.

Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 1:52 am

Well it is free, so I would have assumed that whoever was working on the leaderboards, challenge modes etc didn't quite make the deadline of the release date so instead release it as free dlc. I don't mind this, but if it was paid dlc I hate that.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 1:58 am

With Valve, I can believe that. They've generally proven themselves to be cool guys, so with them I can buy that it didn't make the deadline. It's really more the Day One DLC that I have a problem with. But that's neither here nor there, so I'll stop spamming here and go blog about it or something. Laughing

To reiterate, Free Portal 2 DLC. Woo! All the more reason why I want this game.

Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 2:49 am

The other thing is that there is down time between when a game is actually produced and put onto a disc, to the day of actual release of the game, which depending on the manufacturing, distribution and release date could be quite a while. Giving developers something to work on in this time could be why there is often day one dlc.

While I hate seeing the day one dlc too, as you haven't even sunk your teeth into the game and there is already dlc I never feel like buying personally as I have just spent the $120 on the new game itself, I sure don't want to pay even more for a game. I want to finish a game at least to a satasfactory level or to the point where I may start to get tired of it then possibly buy some dlc, to further get that new feeling within a game.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 10:47 am

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 4:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Give it a try. Smile

Back to top Go down
Neoshine
Fourth Nation
Neoshine

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:30 pm

Got it, finished single and co-op great game. Loved it, and loved the song. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 3:57 pm

anyone else playing this on steam?
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 4:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
anyone else playing this on steam?

I'd be borrowing my dad's account so not really.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 4:27 pm

make your own?

i assume this is azira

disregard i looked at the sidebar
Back to top Go down
Neoshine
Fourth Nation
Neoshine

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 7:09 pm

Seraphum is my account on Steam.
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 7:16 pm

SPACE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 7:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
make your own?

i assume this is azira

disregard i looked at the sidebar

There's no point in redeeming the code for me, so Dad did. My laptop can't run any games and his account already has a billion games on it (with the hardware to play them) so he redeemed the code. I borrow his account all the time and he doesn't care lol.
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 1:27 pm

have ps3 and pc of the this game
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 8:35 am

Did I mention this arrived in the mail yesterday? I'm havin' fun with it.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 4:10 pm

Moved as this is a multiplatform game.

Valve has released the Portal 2 Perpetual Testing Initiative today, although only PC/Mac owners can use the Steam Workshop. Don't know if these maps would be available to PS3 users.

Portal 2 is also on sale on Steam for a few days, probably to coincide with the "DLC" launching.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 5:25 pm

Playstation Move DLC, apparently:

And just when I thought they couldn't add anything else... Shocked
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 1:06 am

Anyone feel like hoping on with me so I can "hug" you? lol

I need to hug 2 more people on my friend's list for the trophy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges   PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PORTAL 2 - Beware of grudges

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Music and Puzzles-
Jump to: