The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Comedies?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:20 pm

I had many Thundercats action figures too, yup.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Ninth Nation
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 19

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:57 pm

I had all He-Man and Master of the Universe action figures, plus Gray Skull Castle, yup, git sum!
Back to top Go down
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation
Fawlty__Towers

Nation Reputation : 6

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:06 pm

I was a big TMNT fan. I still have the original videogame on NES!

Hmmmmm have we moved far enough away from the thread topic yet? haha
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Nation Reputation : 9

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 6:47 pm

Six wrote:
idk guys.....I still say nothing beats old school Simpsons.
Waaay back when Conan Obrien wrote for the show.

Now a days I cant say I have any favorite animated comedy.

They all seem the same to me any more.
Simpsons stopped being real funny a few years ago. Making fun of Homer's stupidity gets a little repetitive.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 8:32 pm

I agree with that but bring the time frame back.
Just to me anyhow, Simpsons stopped being funny about ten years ago.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 8:31 pm

I saw Bob's burgers the other day on animation domination, and it sucks. Just a terrible show.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 10:34 am

Thundercats was epic. I felt sorry for the female though, kept calling her a ho

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
BlueSamurai
New in the Nation
BlueSamurai

Nation Reputation : 2

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 11:06 am

im going to have to disagree..yes simpsons havent been good for the past 10 or so years..but the last 2-3 seasons has been very good! They actually just got some of their older Writers back a couple years ago, and its showing.

Bob's burgers was alright..i dont think its appropriate for FOX though..more for Adult Swim.

If you want to talk about shows not being funny anymore..Family Guy has been getting worse, Cleveland show is OK..while American Dad has getting funnier.

Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
im going to have to disagree..yes simpsons havent been good for the past 10 or so years..but the last 2-3 seasons has been very good! They actually just got some of their older Writers back a couple years ago, and its showing.

Bob's burgers was alright..i dont think its appropriate for FOX though..more for Adult Swim.

If you want to talk about shows not being funny anymore..Family Guy has been getting worse, Cleveland show is OK..while American Dad has getting funnier.

Thats good to hear, cause it really is/was a great show. And there is no arguing its staying power.

It just seemed very..hmmm.whats the word.....like it had no real direction anymore. They had re visted the same "ideas" time after time and even when episodes were new....they didnt seem it.

Good to hear its back on the up swing. I'll have to check out one of the newer ones I suppose.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:35 pm

I wasn't overly impressed with the movie.
Seemed like the villain was just being crazy for the sake of being crazy. Like he was only crazy because the random stuff they wanted to do called for him to be. Not like most of their other villains.
Fat Tony, Sideshow Bob, and usually Mr. Burns (though he could be a bit random too) usually had some motivation for what evil they did. Greed or Revenge.
Something.
Nothing in the movie though.
Just ended up seeming like a long, unusually on topic episode of Family Guy. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:48 pm

I was surprised to see American Dad actually being funny. I assumed it was a rip off of Family Guy, and I was wrong. It's much different then Family Guy. They actually think of jokes, instead of Seth MacFarlane randomly putting whatever he feels like on each episode. Thinking
Back to top Go down
BlueSamurai
New in the Nation
BlueSamurai

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 12:10 am

mattmo0121 wrote:

I was surprised to see American Dad actually being funny. I assumed it was a rip off of Family Guy, and I was wrong. It's much different then Family Guy. They actually think of jokes, instead of Seth MacFarlane randomly putting whatever he feels like on each episode. Thinking

They put a political spin on the Family Guy humor, which is great.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 4:45 pm

mattmo0121 wrote:

They put a political spin on the Family Guy humor, which is great.
Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Madformelons
Second Nation
Madformelons

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:28 am

Got another one for the list:-
Gimme, gimme, gimme.
Not everyones kinda thing but I find it hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 5:13 am

*shudders* The desperation from the characters on that actually comes through on the tv.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
Madformelons
Second Nation
Madformelons

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 12:46 am

Liamcifer wrote:
*shudders* The desperation from the characters on that actually comes through on the tv.
Yeah but that's what made it so funny in my opinion.
Loved the arguments they used to have. Reminds me so much of a very good friend of mine who's sadly passed now. We used to be like that but there was never any malice in it.
Vicar of Dibley! cheers
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 4:22 am

Vicar of Dibley was alright. But when it comes to british comedies, for me, it always comes back to the Royal Family.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 19

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 11:45 am

British comedies.... Hmmm.

FAWLTY TOWERS!!!!

Introduced to me by ours truly, Fawlty__Towers! If you want a laugh, hit Netflix up, and check this out cheers
Back to top Go down
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation
Fawlty__Towers

Nation Reputation : 6

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 11:50 am

I'm so damn proud of you right now!!
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Tosh.0 usually makes me laugh. Sometimes the web redemptions aren't as good as they used to be. The Onion Sportsdome isn't bad either.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:31 pm

The Daily Show.
Nothing is better at showing just how silly the American political process is.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 4:05 am

Fox News.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 7:24 am

That shows how sad the American political process is.
Back to top Go down
whatbearisbest
Seventh Nation
whatbearisbest

Nation Reputation : 3

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 8:53 am

fox news is NOT COMEDY! Cool
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 8:58 am

It is to me. Shrug

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Comedies? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedies?   Comedies? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comedies?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat :: Television and Movies-