The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Gran Turismo 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:39 am

I wonder what version the 'Headtracking' peripheral comes with? Thinking

Could be a total gimmick, or could be the last step in total immersion racing. Very Happy= :D

Can't wait for some reviews on it. Very Happy= :D

Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 10:24 am

Honestly, I didn't like GT5P much since I thought the difficulty on easy was ridiculously hard. After being introduced to Top Gear there was only one thing that was going to make me get GT5: the Top Gear test track.

I'll probably throw in some coin when my brother gets it. =P
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 12:36 pm

I wonder as well Leo, but taking a look at this seems like it's going to be promising in my book.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Remember though Az, that GT 5: P was pretty much just a super glorified demo. It was far from finished and barely scratched the surface of everything that GT 5 is going to contain.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 7:12 pm

The "super glorified demo" had really annoying AI.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 12:08 am

I played a little of Prologue, and the AI was a bit on the irritating side. Let's hope it's better in the final version.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 4:54 pm

We're getting close to release, Street. Really looking forward to the game! Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:32 pm

I really can't wait. Like streetxracer said I'm one of those that have been waiting for this since GT4. Even better still, it comes out a day after my birthday hahaha. Yes it will be my present Smile

I heard a rumor theres mechanical damage... True??
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:37 pm

F#%* YEA I CAN'T WAIT!

I know there's going to be a damage engine introduced into GT 5, but at this point in time I'm not too sure how it's going to behave. I think it might be somewhere along the lines of the way it was in GRID where if you damage certain parts of the vehicle, it will effect your driving. It's gonna be interesting to see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:47 pm

Yeah I understand the wheel bearings give way at some point too. Which is just epic. From the original trailer it also looks like there's headlight glare in the cars. Interesting.

Though I hear they've needed to improve the off-road component. Still a great looking game regardless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:48 pm

I think it is a moderate based damage system. Nothing like Burnout's, of course, but anything is better than nothing.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:49 pm

This game will be near flawless, because Polyphony has been developing it for goodness knows how long.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Maybe? Thinking
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 5:13 am

How many delays is this now though?

Edit: hehehe everytime another game comes out.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 1:59 am

anyone heard of the new release date yet ?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:10 am

When I was checking in Game Stop it was the end of November, course they had Fallout New Vegas listed as November too so I wouldn't hold to that.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:29 am

I read on Kotaku that SONY/Polyphony said sometime over the Holidays... Which technically would cover them until after the new year, wouldn't it? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:32 am

Or onto next year if they didn't spectify that it was this years holidays.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:53 am

Liamcifer wrote:
When I was checking in Game Stop it was the end of November, course they had Fallout New Vegas listed as November too so I wouldn't hold to that.

yea this game may never come out if they are scared of other games being released at the same time
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:57 am

Which is a rediculous attitude.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:59 am

yes since it is far different to all the games that have been released when it was meant to be
i don't get it

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:03 am

Well you do have to look at the popularity of the competition that is been brought out around the same time. They do have a justification in the worrying that the game would be over looked specially considering how the Prolouge did and the feedback to it, against a currently successful franchise like CoD.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:14 am

Liamcifer wrote:
Well you do have to look at the popularity of the competition that is been brought out around the same time. They do have a justification in the worrying that the game would be over looked specially considering how the Prolouge did and the feedback to it, against a currently successful franchise like CoD.

i see your point but how late is this game 18 months
there should have been a good time in there sum where to release it
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 6:25 am

Meh been like that i think with nearly all of them. Plus its a car game thats I dunno how many years in development, 5? Regardless of when they release it, any game that is in development that long is either A) Gonna wanna be perfection on release or B) has lazy ass developers

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Perfection is the reason Liam, GT 4 got delayed quite a few times because they wanted everything just right. Also yes, GT 5 has been in development for the longest time now, and from what I've seen from the videos and such, the final project is definitely going to be well worth waiting for.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 2:43 am

i hope so
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gran Turismo 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Fighting, Racing and Sports-
Jump to: