The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Gran Turismo 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

Nation Reputation : 10

Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 5:52 pm

Yeah, I haven't played GT5 for a long time. I have a somewhat short attention span, so I find it hard to get into the racing mood. With that said, when I'm in the zone... SPEED RACER!!!
Chase
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Fifth Nation
Daniel

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 3:31 am

That smilie reminds me of a C&H Video:

Had a couple of awesome races on GT5 online yesterday morning with some other locals (and a few people joining from other countries). Played a bunch of Shuffles on London, Monaco and Rome (which I got a podium and a first on a few of those). The Nordschleife came up as well and 4 of us were given RUFs, and three of those were Yellow Birds (I was in one!)
I spun out early on in the race so I decided to go the other way to the end of the home straight and offer people free slipstreams Very Happy= :D
Btw, what are your guys thoughts on the DLC? TBH I think it's pretty stupid, $5 for Spa and a go-kart track that will give someone epilepsy. And a bunch of cars that are practically RM'd (and a few Go-Karts). The only thing that will keep my liking GT5 is Kaz tweeting saying "I wanted it to be cheaper but Sony f***ed up and made you guys pay for it."
I don't even want to know how much an Original Tracks pack will be.

*tear*
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:16 pm

I don't mind the DLC offer, just the pricing isn't too crash hot. I really like the 2.0 intro though Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Fifth Nation
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:45 pm

Haven't even seen it. And I'm playing Wii (for teh lulz) and cba going on the PS3.
To the Youtube, Robin!
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 1:31 am

LOL! ^
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Fifth Nation
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 5:16 am

Eyesore or Eyegasm? (Srs Bizness replies please, I've no idea if I'm a good photographer or not [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:40 am

It's good, the border is a great idea, but I found myself looking at the border more than the car. So in a way it kind of detracts from the car itself. If that makes sense... Then again, I'm no expert either. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Fifth Nation
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 1:38 pm

I just matched the car's colour using the eyedropper tool, I guess I shoulda used a more faded colour Embarassed
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 3:43 am

Maybe a darker or opaque typle style? Also, just got the dlc! cheers
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:24 am

I updated GT5 last night. Five updates, probably collectively 2GB to download.

I feel really sorry for someone who hasn't bought this game new and hasn't updated it regularly. Between the updates and the install people could be waiting a long time to actually start playing this game.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Fifth Nation
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:44 pm

I want to get the DLC, but It's $22 for the full pack here compared to $15 converted if I get it from my US account (although I have no way of getting funds onto it). I don't play GT5 that much for me to want a Prius TC Laughing
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:52 pm

It was $18.95 here in Aus, but really, sort of not worth the money.
The original PDI go kart is a 100cc whereas the three in the dlc are jnr. (about 50 cc), 100cc (only difference is a cosmetic headlight and tail light) and 125cc. So really all you're getting (in terms of go karts) are a kids version and a 125cc. All the other cars are quite unique and shiny, but that's all I feel they are... Shiny. Sure they're upgradeable and all, but it still needs a little extra something, like some already in game car tickets would have made it just that little bit better. X2011 is just as intense as an X2010, and looks a tad bit better, but still the same car... I mean, monster! XD

Paint chips and tracks are probably the best part of the DLC. 10 new types of paints including chrome, gray, gunmetal, japanese, metallic, military, Old GT gen, pastel tones, polarized and fluoro colours makes amazing combinations. Plus ten different colours of each type make a ton of amazing looking cars look even better. It would be cool if you could win some more dlc paint chips after the purchase in game so you're not only limited to one colour, EVER.
The two tracks... All I can say is, wow... Spa may not seem all that, but both are so balanced and perfect for GT5 that I may just go to Spain just to visit this track. Kart space in combination with the mix of karts can make it a family orientated game, but still leaves it fun for those who want a challenge.

The racing gear is actually quite fun to mix and match. If Kaz does intend to make an online based GT world like PS home for example, it will be interesting to see more put into this. Until then, I am the Stig!
Spoiler:

Also, seeing as the dlc is only available to the account that purchased it, the cars are still giftable, I think.

My mini dlc coverage/review = over. I'll also be adding you, Dan, after posting this up. Maybe we can organise a sixthnation GT5 race, if we can get enough people interested.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Fifth Nation
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:09 pm

The second half of the Spec II Intro is epic. I so badly want that 5OUL ON D!SPLAY remix, just without the engine noises Sad
Oh, and I added you on my GT5 account O Lover of Ninjas Smile
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:05 pm

I'm totally psyched that you can finally get The Stig's racing gear lol. I'll be downloading that ASAP lol.
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The second half of the Spec II Intro is epic. I so badly want that 5OUL ON D!SPLAY remix, just without the engine noises Sad
Oh, and I added you on my GT5 account O Lover of Ninjas Smile
Thanks for the add and I agree, that intro is awesome... I still feel we could have done with this as the initial intro though

(skip to 3:26)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I'm totally psyched that you can finally get The Stig's racing gear lol. I'll be downloading that ASAP lol.
You also get classic black suit Stig Razz
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:03 pm

The Japanese one is just so much better cuz "Moon Over the Castle" is in it. I mean, Soul on Display is a cool song, but Moon has been in the games since the first GT. I was sad when I didn't hear it in the GT 5 opening when I first bought the game.
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:58 pm

I know what you mean... I was thinking "Well, if it's not in the intro, maybe it's in the credits."
*unlocks 1st ending - no Moon Over The Castle*
Sad Better be in 2nd ending...
*unlocks 2nd ending - still no Moon*
Mad G.T.Community.has.been.robbed.
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 9:44 pm

Some (kind of) good news! A new patch is coming out in December... gtplanet's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] gives us some insight and explanation behind the dlc.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Fifth Nation
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 12:12 am

I'm on that site Very Happy= :D Got like 2.5k posts.
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:05 am

Hey Daniel, I've been using your shared B-spec driver in some remote races. Check to see how much dosh you won!! cheers Also, there might be a large jump in your b-spec level. I went 6-12 in one race, then 12-16 in 2 more. You've won 1/4 so far... Cool
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Fifth Nation
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 1:50 pm

Ha! I forgot I sent him online (I've only got one B-Spec driver as well Razz) thanks for that!
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 6:56 am

All good Very Happy= :D Be sure to sign in on consecutive days to increase your reward... Up to double of said price can be earned inc. xp!!! cheers Gotta love PD for their efforts...
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Fifth Nation
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:51 am

I must've been in some hypnotised/drunken/stoned state but I actually have bought GT5 again!

Pssh, why would you think I bought it for racing? Razz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:52 am

U DRUNK BRO ??? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Fifth Nation
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:12 am

No, I tried making a funny.

Besides, if I was drunk how could I have taken theses pics so awesomely? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5   Gran Turismo 5 - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gran Turismo 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Fighting, Racing and Sports-