The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Resistance: A Gathering Storm

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Bloody_Bunny
Fifth Nation
A_Bloody_Bunny

Nation Reputation : 18

Resistance: A Gathering Storm Empty
PostSubject: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 6:16 pm

I'm not dropping plot lines or ruining it for anyone ... but it's a good buy for any Sci-Fi Action freak out there

*looks at self*

Shocked

*shrugs*

Shit happens
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 7:52 pm

I havent read in so long.
Well, a book I mean.

That one....maybe.
Back to top Go down
Meathead2004
Second Nation
Meathead2004

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 9:01 am

Haven't grabbed it yet, looks decent. I've got some others I want to read first, but I'll get to this one soon.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Eighth Nation
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 67

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:34 am

It was worth my 10$. Also had some nice surprises in there. Especially regarding a certain Miss Aklin hehehe. Tux Know what I'm talking about. Explative
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:43 am

Raistlin. It's good to see you my man.
Thanks for registering. cheers
Back to top Go down
TuxGirl
Seventh Nation
TuxGirl

Nation Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:30 am

Man what a book! I swear he had a ghost writer for the Cassie scene. I had to fan myself....mmm Then Hale gets licked... Razz
Ok, other than that the book rocks my socks! I am almost done. So worth the money!!!
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 3:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Man what a book! I swear he had a ghost writer for the Cassie scene. I had to fan myself....mmm Then Hale gets licked... Razz
Ok, other than that the book rocks my socks! I am almost done. So worth the money!!!

So it's actually a good book? I was pretty suspicious as a lot of these tie-in novels are utter garbage. Hmmmm. Got me thinking I might have t read it now.
Back to top Go down
TuxGirl
Seventh Nation
TuxGirl

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:39 am

Very much so, I have just a few pages left...
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Fifth Nation
A_Bloody_Bunny

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:34 am

Hi Tux What a Face

ETW: even considering your superior intellect and overwhelming whit ... I think you'd enjoy the read. Take you about 6 hours (standard paperback). The descriptive qualities are intriguing and keep the pace.

Tux ... LOL on the apartment scene study
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

Nation Reputation : 32

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:33 am

...'lost me at 'book'.... Laughing
So, this 'book' thing...I take it it's out now, eh?
Someone send me theirs when they're done with it. *looks at e*

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
TuxGirl
Seventh Nation
TuxGirl

PostSubject: Ok - it''s finished   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:23 pm

I can honestly say it was a good book! I thought it might have been cheesy, just something to please the fans...but, I was very happy with it. I give it a 10...f***kn' 10!! Going to go watch Varsity Blues now...
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Fifth Nation
A_Bloody_Bunny

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 1:14 am

...'lost me at 'book'.... Laughing
So, this 'book' thing...I take it it's out now, eh?
Someone send me theirs when they're done with it. *looks at e*

Embarassed

Hmm ... you know where to find me ...

You'll have to stay under the porch though, no room in the house for ya ... maybe the shed out back?

My books don't leave my property

"Never loan tools, books, cars or spouse"

Cool

LOL .. V-Blues ... laughs, sighs, wipes tear ... finishes pint of Ben & Jerry's
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 4:31 am

"Never loan tools, books, cars or spouse"

Add underwear to that list. I'm still having nightmares from seeing the state of those boxers after Liam sent them back.
Back to top Go down
Meathead2004
Second Nation
Meathead2004

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 7:43 am

Looking at the reviews on Amazon. 5 out of 4 reviews gave it five stars. The one that didn't like it doesn't play video games and didn't know it was based on one. I believe the others are PS3 fans. So, yeah.
Back to top Go down
TuxGirl
Seventh Nation
TuxGirl

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 7:56 am

You're kidding... it says "based on PS3 game" on the cover, which I know you can see on amazon.com. What a douche!
Back to top Go down
nine5one
Third Nation
nine5one

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:34 am

Sad Sad Sad I went searching for this yesterday at Barnes & Nobles their directory said they had but it was nowhere to be found
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:37 am

Looking at the reviews on Amazon. 5 out of 4 reviews gave it five stars. The one that didn't like it doesn't play video games and didn't know it was based on one. I believe the others are PS3 fans. So, yeah.

...LAWL!

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
TuxGirl
Seventh Nation
TuxGirl

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:51 am

Go to Amazon and buy the book nine!
Back to top Go down
nine5one
Third Nation
nine5one

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 9:22 am

I'm not patient enough to wait for it to get sent, I'm going back out this morning on a book hunt....I'm thinkin of grabbing some Douglas Adams while I'm out as well Thinking Don't Panic! Just bring a towel with you bounce
Back to top Go down
TuxGirl
Seventh Nation
TuxGirl

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 10:27 am

Sorry! I have Prime membership, I get it the next day for a $3.99 delivery fee or in 2 days for free...
Douglas Adams...excellent choice!
Back to top Go down
nine5one
Third Nation
nine5one

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:21 am

lol I'm surprised you know the name Shocked Most people just give me a blank look Laughing

**edit** I have succeeded in my search for the gathering storm study

Last edited by nine5one on Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:24 am

Tux knows many things. She know things that others don't. Suspect

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Meathead2004
Second Nation
Meathead2004

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:34 am

Liam wrote:

...LAWL!

Wuzza? Who said that?

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
nine5one
Third Nation
nine5one

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Liam wrote:
Tux knows many things. She know things that others don't. Suspect

See^^^^blank look Razz
Back to top Go down
TuxGirl
Seventh Nation
TuxGirl

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:08 pm

I may or may not have the complete HHG series bound in leather sitting on a bookshelf at home... maybe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resistance: A Gathering Storm

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat :: Books, magazines, and comics-
Jump to: