The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Mortal Kombat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

Mortal Kombat  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat    Mortal Kombat  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 1:53 am

Well, if you're interested in the depth, this site has a good guide. Lots of good combos too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat    Mortal Kombat  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 5:23 am

I remember surfing the MvC3 version of that site, thanks for the link !
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat    Mortal Kombat  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:00 am

Got this game this week and have chosen Reptile as the character I am going to work on first, already I can see him as being a "jack of all trades but master of none" type character :p. Anyone else used him much ?
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat    Mortal Kombat  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:22 am

Sorry for double post but what are some good characters to "work on" for beginners ?
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat    Mortal Kombat  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:35 am

I played with the ninjas a lot. I mainly used Kitana, Smoke, Scorpion, Subby, and Ermac, so I'm not as experienced with Reptile. He's certainly one of the higher-tiered ninjas, and he's good at zoning and rushdown, so you could consider him a Jack.

One thing I didn't like about him was his slower movement/dash. A better way to dash is to use Elbow Dash and cancel.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat    Mortal Kombat  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Sorry for double post but what are some good characters to "work on" for beginners ?
scorpion and sub are fairly easy to learn. they are who I got good with 1st from the demo
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat    Mortal Kombat  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:54 am

Heh, if I were faster, you wouldn't have double posted. Razz

As for "beginner characters"... *shrug* I just loved to use the ninjas. Not really sure what you mean by a beginner character.

I suppose Smoke can be good to start with. He may not be a great rushdown fighter like Kung Lao, but he can lay on the pressure with some of his attacks, most of which are safe on block. I guess he's more of a zoner, just don't fall into the habit of zone-spamming.

Scorpion is a bit lower-tier nowadays, so it may be difficult to be effective with him. One tip I have for using Scorpion is to save your x-ray meter for enhanced special attacks when you need them. From what I remember, he's a mixup character.

Sub Zero can be okay too. His animations are little slower than what I'm used to with Smoke and Scorpion, but that comes with slightly better damage. He's probably more of a "Jack" too, since he can be defensive and offensive.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat    Mortal Kombat  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 9:56 am

I need a fighting game, would this come more recommended than most?

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat    Mortal Kombat  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 10:01 am

what kind of fighting game do you want to play? because I would recommend that other game.

MK is a good fun fighting game, but not many people still play it.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat    Mortal Kombat  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 10:04 am

I'll still be getting Playstation All Stars, but really I kinda want this as well. Mostly cause it's a pretty straight forward fighter for like quick competitions between friends for bragging rights after a night out or before we hit the town and I should be able to get it cheap in the used section.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat    Mortal Kombat  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 11:32 am

It does depend on what you're looking for. I suppose it would be nice for a few quick matches between friends. I'd certainly recommend it over SF/MvC/Tekken, but I'm very biased. Razz

I think there's a demo available. Should check it out and see how you feel about it.

If you do get it, make sure you try to get the Komplete Edition, as it comes with all the extra characters, as well as the alternate costumes. Plus, it doesn't require an online pass. [I'm not sure if the regular version still requires it or not. I've heard it doesn't now.]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat    Mortal Kombat  - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mortal Kombat

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Fighting, Racing and Sports-
Jump to: