The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Resistance: A Gathering Storm

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nine5one
Third Nation
nine5one

Nation Reputation : 3

Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:09 pm

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - douglas adams

Have you read his biography? ALSO, the narrator on Little Big Planet is also the same narrator for the HHG movie Wink but yes I am envious of your possible ownership of a leatherbound collection
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
ALSO, the narrator on Little Big Planet is also the same narrator for the HHG movie Wink but yes I am envious of your possible ownership of a leatherbound collection

You mean Stephen Fry? He was originally half of a 1980s comedy double act called Fry and Laurie, his partner being Hugh Laurie (our very own Dr Gregory House and the dad from the Stuart Little movies). Fry and Laurie met when they were both undergraduates at Cambridge University (where Douglas Adams also went).
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 3:14 pm

I have to wait to get it here Sad
I am really looking forward to read it...
Tux... could you let me know in spoiler tags what period does the book talk about? From when until when? It's from Tunguska to Project Abraham? or before PA?

Pleaaaaaaaseeeee? Very Happy= :D cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
TuxGirl
Seventh Nation
TuxGirl

Nation Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 3:30 pm

ok, I will try to do tags:
Spoiler:

Yay!!! I did it!
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 3:35 pm

^^ OMG!
Thank youuuu!
I can't wait!
Very Happy= :D

+1 for you, for your success using the tags, and the great info inside xDDD
Kiss

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
nine5one
Third Nation
nine5one

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 3:43 pm

ALSO, the narrator on Little Big Planet is also the same narrator for the HHG movie Wink but yes I am envious of your possible ownership of a leatherbound collection

You mean Stephen Fry? He was originally half of a 1980s comedy double act called Fry and Laurie, his partner being Hugh Laurie (our very own Dr Gregory House and the dad from the Stuart Little movies). Fry and Laurie met when they were both undergraduates at Cambridge University (where Douglas Adams also went).

Unfortunately, Douglas Adams passed away before HHG the movie was released....but yes, it is Stephen Fry...
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 4:04 pm

Never seen the movie. After growing up with the original radio series and then reading the books (which came after the radio series) and then enjoying the 1980s TV adaptations (which had the same main actors as the radio series) I couldn't bring myself to watching a movie that differed so much from the earlier productions. I simply cannot imagine Marvin not looking like this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and not talking like this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
nine5one
Third Nation
nine5one

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 4:26 pm

I think we may be better off creating a thread dedicated to the late and great D. Adams.... Very Happy= :D
BTW I like the newer Marvin a tad better bounce

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 4:31 pm

I think we may be better off creating a thread dedicated to the late and great D. Adams.... Very Happy= :D
BTW I like the newer Marvin a tad better bounce

Spoiler:

Meh, he looks like an iPod with encephalitis
Back to top Go down
nine5one
Third Nation
nine5one

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 6:19 pm

lol and yours looks like one of the Punch Out Robots....difference in generations is interesting.... Laughing me thinkin about my NES is nostalgic and Atari must have been an epiphany for you affraid jk
Back to top Go down
mynameesmorty
Fifth Nation
mynameesmorty

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 1:51 pm

Man what a book! I swear he had a ghost writer for the Cassie scene. I had to fan myself....mmm Then Hale gets licked... Razz
Ok, other than that the book rocks my socks! I am almost done. So worth the money!!!

Agreed, I am about done with mine too. I think I paid like $8 for it, cheapest book I have bought in a while and a great read. Fun if you love the story as well.
Back to top Go down
Meathead2004
Second Nation
Meathead2004

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 6:32 pm

You've guys have almost talked me into getting this one...

almost Smile
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Eighth Nation
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 67

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 6:35 pm

Hrm.....what would push you over the edge?
Back to top Go down
TuxGirl
Seventh Nation
TuxGirl

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 6:37 pm

Very Happy= :D must keep smart ass comments to myself... must keep smart ass comments to myself.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 6:42 pm

just give a smart ass comment. that statement is just asking for it lol
Back to top Go down
TuxGirl
Seventh Nation
TuxGirl

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 6:49 pm

Hrm.....what would push you over the edge?
ok Banded!

How about another video? You know your hands drive all the ladies crazy! Can you imagine what it'll do to the guys?! Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Eighth Nation
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 7:20 pm

You're horrible Embarassed
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 7:32 pm

hahah nice tux lol!

i would have done one but i knew i should let you do it
you seemed eager
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Eighth Nation
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 8:45 pm

Ohhh she always is..... Cool
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 10:54 pm

ou he definitely got you on that one tux Laughing
Back to top Go down
TuxGirl
Seventh Nation
TuxGirl

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 11:35 pm

cheers Very Happy= :D Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 886746

Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 915210
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: A Gathering Storm   Resistance: A Gathering Storm - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resistance: A Gathering Storm
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat :: Books, magazines, and comics-
Jump to: