The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

ANIME? HELL YEAH

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 1:04 am

Not sure on that. i use animefreak.tv and gogoanime.com for free streams. anyone got any other sites?

hulu has quite a bit too but they have alot of dumb commercials.
netflix has a limited amount on it that never seems to be updated.

skyrim is killing my anime time now but as soon as i get into a good one that i can enthusiastically recommend i will post!
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 1:04 am

Not sure on that. i use animefreak.tv and gogoanime.com for free streams. anyone got any other sites?

hulu has quite a bit too but they have alot of dumb commercials.
netflix has a limited amount on it that never seems to be updated.

skyrim is killing my anime time now but as soon as i get into a good one that i can enthusiastically recommend i will post!
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:06 am

watching one now about some boy with father issues who falls off a boat and washes up on an island where.....get this.... hes the only guy! lots of nosebleeds here folks! good amount of slice of life here, not too pervy to make you feel weird.

nagasarete airantou is the name.
Back to top Go down
Kidchimera00
Seventh Nation
Kidchimera00

Nation Reputation : 14

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:09 am

I know that one. I tried to read the manga for that one online, but never got around to reading more than two chapters.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:23 am

i never gave reading manga a try. i always just assumed that anime was on the top of the food chain. oh God how i was wrong!

I shall forge on ahead on your behalf Chimera! i WILL make it through all 26 eps!
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 6:07 am

watching karin right now. gonna give it the dmick seal of approval! word of advice though, go for subs, the dubbing is TERRIBLE. so if you are into the slice of life genre and are a softy like me, this one would be up your alley.

on a side note, does anyone else think that the advent of mixing cg animation into anime cheapens the viewing experience? for some reason i just dont like it because i feel that it takes the awe out of a good anime. i like to marvel at scenes that were drawn.
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 5:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
i like to marvel at scenes that were drawn.
Same here, especially those scenes that are drawn so amazingly that your goosebumps that have goosebumps, have goosebumps.

Goosebumps...

Razz
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 6:21 am

got an old one for everyone that i first saw on EACT cable channel back in 2000. its called new dominion tank police. always cracked me up and its an older anime: all hand drawn goodness.
only watched the dub and it was good.

best line from the opening, "hai! lets blow those bitches away!"

Spoiler:

im gunna be a cop when i grow up
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 7:34 am

one word: Toradora!

hands down the one anime that could beat out grave of the fireflies for the emotional effect it had on me. in terms of quality i would rank it alongside the final episode of MASH.

ninja if you dont shed a tear while watching this you are a pirate at heart.

if anyone listens to anything i say they will give this a shot. it will have you laughing, cringing, crying, and introspectively thinking during its run.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 5:48 pm

I only like Deathnote lol
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:28 pm

if you like that, i would recommend darker than black
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:42 pm

Just finished watching 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' and came across 'Avatar: The Legend of Korra' trailer. Apparently it follows the next Avatar in the cycle in a city that unites all 4 nations. Shocked Can't wait! cheers
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 8:07 am

ninja you gotta watch toradora! and get ready to say hello to those man tears.

also a fyi for everyone that studio ghibli's last masterpiece is finally coming to the US, Arietty (spelling?) which is his take on "the borrowers". it comes out feb 17th, which will be dubbed, but i trust this companies dubbing efforts. also probably gonna want to get those man tears ready in this as well, just out of the sheer beauty of the movie, if not the storyline.

anyways, i have been very busy looking for a good anime to watch before i go to sleep, and have been slogging through about 3-4 different ones at a time. some of the fun ones that i have come across have been the familiar of zero, shakugan no shana, and kaicho maid-sama.

kind of indifferent on infinite stratos right now.

highschool dxd if you want 300% more fan service in your anime. very ecchi. kind of a shame because the premise is pretty cool.

also everyone please be aware that due to the megaupload b.s. going on right now a majority of the uploading companies are pulling mass amounts of anime people uploaded. dont be surprised if your sites of choice are rather worthless at the moment. 4shared and myspace videos are still working perfectly though, if you have a choice for what stream you watch.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:00 am

watching To Aru Majutsu No Index right now. almost done with the first series, which is followed by a sequel and a sidestory.

gonna give this one a solid B grade. its quite fun to watch, but loses some of the continuity in some episodes. animation is great, and the characters are enjoyable to watch and get to know. one thing that i really like is that the show runs in short story arcs of about 3-4 episodes per arc. like i mentioned earlier though is that the story isnt tied too well between some of the arcs.

i will finish up the first series before i head to bed.

just a reminder, the familiar of zero and shakugan no shana are both in final seasons, and both are very solid shows.
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:31 am

Just watched 'Samurai 7'. I liked it because it was based and kept most aspects of the old '7 Samurai' film by Akira Kurosawa.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:16 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Just finished watching 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' and came across 'Avatar: The Legend of Korra' trailer. Apparently it follows the next Avatar in the cycle in a city that unites all 4 nations. Shocked Can't wait! cheers

Ya know I remember seeing something about this a while back and still nothing has been out. Did they give a date?

Nerdism: Avatar is technically not anime as it was made in the States.
/nerdism
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:14 pm

Six wrote:
Ya know I remember seeing something about this a while back and still nothing has been out. Did they give a date?

Nerdism: Avatar is technically not anime as it was made in the States.
/nerdism

I think March-May 2012 for the release date. There's a trailer out for it too.

As for it not being an Anime. Eh, I agree Laughing But I'm willing to look past that.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 6:47 am

interestingly enough samurai 7 was made with help from the kirosawa company.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:05 am

ATTENTION KIDS OF THE EARLY 90'S

i just stumbled across a little gem on hulu: EXOSQUAD!!!!!!!!
this show was bad ass in the day, and i had so many of the toys. started it up again after about 15 years and its way darker than i remember.

a def recommend, despite the atrocious animation.
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:55 am

Picked up the 2008 reboot of 'Casshan' now titled 'Casshern Sins' but am yet to watch it due to homeworkand stuffs. From what I've seen, it looks quite good.

Hopefully after this I'll be getting Genesis of Aquarion or Code Geass. (As I love me some robots!) Excited
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 12:05 am

Lots of fun on Adult Swim tonight.
For April Fools they've tossed out every normal anime (aside from Bleach, their current money maker) and redone the whole evening in the style of Toonami with Tom.
Spoiler:

The rest of the evening is old animes they used to show on there. Bleach was followed up by Dragon Ball Z (Nice to be able to contrast it with DBZ 2.0 Bleach Razz) and now they're showing an episode of Gundam Wing. In between was a classic Tom review of Mass Effect 3.

Can't wait to see more of these classics.

EDIT: Oh, god. The Voice acting..It's...sooooo bad. Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Apparently Adult Swim are considering bringing it back! Shocked They asked their Twitter followers "Want it back? Let us know." with #BringBackToonami as the tag, so the sauce is reliable.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:15 pm

Yeah, I saw that on reddit too.
I wouldn't want all the old shows back. Frankly, several of them had nothing but nostalgia going for them. Laughing
But I wouldn't mind a return of the format with some new anime. I'm currently only watching one show a week as is, so I personally think some new is in order. Not that the ones I'm not watching are bad, mind you. Just seen them already. Sometimes twice.

Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 1:48 am

Saw the Toonami stuff that night. I'm amazed I didn't get seizures from all the flashing in DBZ. Laughing

And they might actually bring it back? :o

Hopefully they manage to bring newer anime to it, like InuYasha Kanketsu-hen and Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt.

Also...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wink
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 1:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Figured that if anyone would be interested in this, it'd be those who love anime.
Person 3:FES will be out on PSN for $9.99 this coming Tuesday, April 10.

If you love anime and RPGs, then this is for you.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANIME? HELL YEAH

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat :: Television and Movies-
Jump to: