The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

ANIME? HELL YEAH

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

Nation Reputation : 8

ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 3:22 pm

I've been watching a bit more anime recently now that Ive had time. Once I finish up my Tales anime I plan on giving Death Note or Dead Man Wonderland a go.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 7:30 pm

I didn't care for Death Note. It's a nice thought experiment, and the cat-and-mouse element was fairly entertaining. Just didn't click for me though.
I've only seen of Dead Man Wonderland what's been shown on adult swim. First season, I think, if it was even all of that. A lot of it seems to be weird for weird's sake.

Random Thought: Too much anime seems to be composed of one part "Glaring Angrily," one part "Slowly Standing Up," one part "Flashback to 5 Minutes Ago," and most of the rest, "Meaningful Pauses for Significance and Cherry Blossoms."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 7:41 pm

Well, I'm mainly interested in the two since my friend has recommended them to me. If I don't like them, so be it. I believe the site I go to has both of them with all their seasons, so it certainly can't hurt to give them both a try.

Hey now. Those cherry blossoms add a lot to the plot, thank you. Besides, how else will we reveal the clever not-so-obvious-but-totally-obvious main villain?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 8:12 pm

They'll be the person that the expendable secondary character is talking to just before the camera cuts away to their favorite coffee mug shattering for no apparent reason. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 8:23 pm

Does that mean the extraordinarily high-pitched school girl character will rant at the main character and scold them for not catching it sooner, followed by a TO BE CONTINUED style freeze frame?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 8:35 pm

Possibly. But not before a button pops on her top and this somehow gives him a nosebleed. (Having looked into it, that is a actual medical condition, but it's also incredibly rare.)

Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:00 pm

Oh good lord... The infamous anime nose bleed. That IS overused, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:28 pm

Indeed. But on the other hand, I can think of worse ways to express that a male character finds someone attractive... pale Thinking about it that way, the nosebleed's fine.

Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:30 pm

Oh goodness yeah. That thought brings us to the next cliché, the "utter shock and disbelief gasping" face.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 10:05 pm

I prefer the Disappearing Eyes Trick myself.

Back to top Go down
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation
SparklyBazongaz,

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 10:16 pm

Shocked

I have a growing list of Animes that I need to watch/finish watching.

Wolf's Rain being the one that I always tell myself "oOH GOODY, LETS SIT DOWN AND WATCH IT Very Happy= :D"
and it just.. nOPE. doesn't happen, ever pale

Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 10:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I prefer the Disappearing Eyes Trick myself.

Oh yes, followed by the sigh animation.

@Sayber,
What is Wolf's Rain? I can't say I've ever heard of that one.
Back to top Go down
vengeance7times
Sixth Nation
vengeance7times

Nation Reputation : 11

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 2:01 am

Wolf's Rain was pretty good but I got bored of it quite quickly. If you're new to anime Cecil, then I suggest Death Note, Sword Art Online and Full Metal Alchemist Smile
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 4:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Wolf's Rain was pretty good but I got bored of it quite quickly. If you're new to anime Cecil, then I suggest Death Note, Sword Art Online and Full Metal Alchemist Smile

I appreciate the recommendations, Vengeance. Death Note is high on my list. As for the others, I shall see if I can get my friend to watch them with me. Smile
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 6:33 pm

There are two versions of Full Metal Alchemnist. Of them, most consider the second, FMA: Brotherhood, to be superior. Plot's certainly more coherent. Both are entertaining, but Brotherhood sticks closer to the original manga, I'm told. Very little fudged for western audiences.

Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 10:51 pm

i liked brother hood a lot more more than the first series, I have been watching a lot of the persona animes. They really did a great job with converting the game into an anime i was really happy at the way it turned out
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 7:46 pm

A few episodes left of my Tales anime. It follows the storyline of the game, but damn it's just so good. It's awesome seeing it all in anime form. It adds emotion to some of deeper scenes. Unfortunately, the battles are a mixed bag, but I guess that is to be expected.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 9:51 pm

I have been meaning to watch hellsing ultimate for awhile now , I liked the orginal one a lot so I hope this one is just as good
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 10:26 pm

Just finished up Tales. The ending was so good. It did the game justice. What an awesome adaptation.

I guess up next I need to finish up Daily Lives of High School Boys. I promised Sarah Id watch the last few episodes over the break. xP
Back to top Go down
vengeance7times
Sixth Nation
vengeance7times

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 5:41 pm

I have watched a lot of anime in the past few months. YuGiOh, One Piece, Naruto, Black Butler, a lot of demos on crunchyroll, Sword Art Online and many more that can't come to mind right now.

I may have a slight anime addiction Razz
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 6:23 pm

Berserk!
Back to top Go down
vengeance7times
Sixth Nation
vengeance7times

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 6:26 pm

Oh yeah, Berserk is really good, didnt like how they cut off the end of the tv series, but the Golden age arcs are excellent Smile
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 7:55 pm

Agreed!

We recently got Netflix, and I have been watching a lot of Samurai 7. Forgot how much I liked it.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 8:11 pm

I guess netflix lost a lot of its anime because it didnt renew its contract with funamation so sgt frog is gone :C
Back to top Go down
vengeance7times
Sixth Nation
vengeance7times

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 8:16 pm

If you guys have access to Crunchyroll, they have many sample videos and they are all a whole length episode Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANIME? HELL YEAH

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat :: Television and Movies-
Jump to: