The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

ANIME? HELL YEAH

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 3:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
There are two versions of Full Metal Alchemnist. Of them, most consider the second, FMA: Brotherhood, to be superior. Plot's certainly more coherent. Both are entertaining, but Brotherhood sticks closer to the original manga, I'm told. Very little fudged for western audiences.
Brotherhood comes off as a lot more serious because it doesn't split up the serious bits with as much silly filler as the original version does. It moves incredibly fast comparatively.

Also, don't you all just hate when an anime series stops before the manga does? I finished D. Gray Man's anime and have had to resort to the manga now (which comes out not too often) and it's a bit of a let down because I was so used to the animation/voices and particularly in that case because the manga is very hard to follow. Also, Bleach with the whole anime ending before the last story arc bit. Claymore was like this too. Anime finished after like 1 season and never resumed.

Anyways, since I haven't posted in a while and there seems to be newer people here now, here's some of my personal favorites (Note: These are all more action oriented and not silly slice of life types):

1. Gungrave
2. Darker Than Black
3. S-cry-ed
4. FMA Brotherhood
5. Yu Yu Hakusho
6. Rurouni Kenshin
7. Cowboy Bebop
8. Soul Eater
9. D Gray Man
10. Bleach

Doesn't include classics like DBZ, Gundam, etc. Probably missing some still, it's hard to remember all that I've watched.
Back to top Go down
vengeance7times
Sixth Nation
vengeance7times

Nation Reputation : 11

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 9:17 pm

If you haven't seen it yet, watch Sword Art Online, it's one of my favourites. Along with Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, Tora Dora, Death Note, One Piece, Bleach, and so on.

If you like horror/gothic anime, I recommend Black Butler, Higurashi and Shiki. Pikachu
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 10:09 pm

Has any one seen speed grapher ?

probably one of my favorite animes
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 10:30 pm

Also, don't you all just hate when an anime series stops before the manga does? I finished D. Gray Man's anime and have had to resort to the manga now (which comes out not too often) and it's a bit of a let down because I was so used to the animation/voices and particularly in that case because the manga is very hard to follow. Also, Bleach with the whole anime ending before the last story arc bit. Claymore was like this too. Anime finished after like 1 season and never resumed.

Quite. They canceled the anime for Deadman Wonderland. I'll have to read it to see how it ends. The voice thing isn't too big of a problem for me if I can read the manga with the original voices in my head, but I understand what you mean.

Apparently Naruto [manga] is coming to an end soon, or that's what I've heard based on how the story is going. I really should catch up on the anime. I'm at the "At Sea" filler arc, and I want to finish it, but I also want to skip ahead to see the glory of the Third Shinobi World War/Third Great Ninja War... [Forgot what it was called.]
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 10:32 pm

Quite. They canceled the anime for Deadman Wonderland. I'll have to read it to see how it ends. The voice thing isn't too big of a problem for me if I can read the manga with the original voices in my head, but I understand what you mean.
Another one I recently watched and liked but was disappointed by its cancellation. How far is the manga now? Last I saw, it was only at Ganta wondering how the Red Man knew his mother's song when what'sherface was singing it.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 5:11 am

Hm, that sounds like one of the earlier arcs that was shown in the anime...

From what I can tell, there's probably 3-4+ arcs after the events of the anime. So, I'd say it's pretty far along.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 7:40 am

Hm, that sounds like one of the earlier arcs that was shown in the anime...

From what I can tell, there's probably 3-4+ arcs after the events of the anime. So, I'd say it's pretty far along.
Yeah, it was not long after the anime ended.
Back to top Go down
Toxxy
Ninth Nation
Toxxy

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 4:16 pm

Shocked
I need an anime fix!
Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
vengeance7times
Sixth Nation
vengeance7times

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 6:11 pm

It depends on what you're into really, because I have seen all kinds of genres. But if you love action and drama, Full Metal Alchemist is one of my favourites Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 12:42 pm

Yay, the PS3 Crackle app has Durarara!! for free. Just need to get used to the Japanese voices, I watched like half of the anime on Adult Swim, so I'm accustomed to the English dub.

Toxxy: HM. I forgot exactly what you were in to. I seem to recall Bleach, Elfen Lied, and Hellsing?

Have you seen Deadman Wonderland? Durarara!!? Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt? Laughing

Jmw: Now that I thought about it more, I think that part is right at the very end of the last episode. Going by the Wiki, that's the end of the Scar Chain arc, so yeah, 3 more arcs in the manga.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 2:48 pm

Shocked
I need an anime fix!
Any suggestions?

Detective Conan. Still ongoing, I believe. Murder mystery themed with a bunch of silly stuff thrown in.
But hey, if you ever want to murder someone in a really creative way, and know what mistakes not to make to get caught, this one's for you. Laughing

Ghost Hunt. Short series, but good if you like supernatural stuff.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 3:41 pm

Thanks, Val. I'll have to check out the manga then. Maybe I was just getting confused and thinking I started the manga when I didn't? Idk.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 7:02 pm

Shocked
I need an anime fix!
Any suggestions?

Detective Conan. Still ongoing, I believe. Murder mystery themed with a bunch of silly stuff thrown in.
But hey, if you ever want to murder someone in a really creative way, and know what mistakes not to make to get caught, this one's for you. Laughing

Do they have God-mode enabled when they solve the mystery a la CSI "enhance"? Laughing

Thanks, Val. I'll have to check out the manga then. Maybe I was just getting confused and thinking I started the manga when I didn't? Idk.

It's possible that it occurred earlier in the manga than it did in the anime, or the other way around. I've only begun reading the manga chapters after the Scar Chain arc and that part was missing, assuming the manga and anime are perfectly synced. Perhaps I should start from the beginning of the manga. Thinking
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 7:44 pm

They do not. The character is just supposed to be crazy good at crime solving. The real silliness is that he's a high school age detective who, on witnessing a mysterious organization's members murder someone, is given a drug that should kill him, but instead has the "one in a million chance" (which is why it happens repeatedly, you see) of somehow regressing his age to that of a grade school kid.
Heh. It sounds even more ridiculous when you write it out. Laughing
Despite all that, it's pretty entertaining. And Japan must agree with me since last I saw it was about 700 episodes in (of which I've seen over 200).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
vengeance7times
Sixth Nation
vengeance7times

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 6:14 am

Any good horror anime out there I can be recommended to watch? Smile
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 12:19 am

Don't really know of any horror anime. Unless you consider something like Elfen Lied to be horror. scratch

Cobalt - Almost 700 episodes?! Shocked Sounds interesting. Thinking

I saw the first episode of Soul Eater on Adult Swim the other night. I might like it.

Last edited by The Last Ninja on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:22 am

Just checked. 686 at present.

@vengeance, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
vengeance7times
Sixth Nation
vengeance7times

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 7:01 am

I shall check them out Smile
Back to top Go down
Toxxy
Ninth Nation
Toxxy

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:42 pm

Toxxy: HM. I forgot exactly what you were in to. I seem to recall Bleach, Elfen Lied, and Hellsing?

Have you seen Deadman Wonderland? Durarara!!? Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt? Laughing
Good memory ^_^ indeed!
Elfein Lied remains my favorite, with Black Lagoon, Hellsing.. HSOTD.. Twisted Evil
I have yet to catch up on the above suggestions!
*adds to list*
Laughing I have been missing my Bleach dose that is a fact. Still no sign of the anime staring another season yet the manga goes on! *grumbles in FrancoJapanese*
orly :orly:
I started watching FMA.. but it had the Naruto effect on me.
ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 811307
I might just have to start back Bleach episode 1 Shocked
Back to top Go down
Toxxy
Ninth Nation
Toxxy

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:43 pm

Just checked. 686 at present.

@vengeance, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 915210
That is all!
Cool
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 5:33 pm

What effect is this? Where you hate it so much that you just can't...believe it?
*cricket noises*
Yeah, that was terrible.

Also, which FMA did you watch? There's two versions. If one strikes you as not fun, try the other. Smile

Back to top Go down
vengeance7times
Sixth Nation
vengeance7times

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:53 pm

Agreed, there are two different ones and personally I much preferred brotherhood, and also, a lot changes depending on whether you watch it dubbed or subbed, as cool as Vic Mignogna is, I prefer FMA subbed.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:16 pm

What effect is this? Where you hate it so much that you just can't...believe it?
*cricket noises*
Yeah, that was terrible.

Also, which FMA did you watch? There's two versions. If one strikes you as not fun, try the other. Smile

Oh wow, I had to read that a dozen times before I understood what you were trying to do. Laughing

What is this Naruto effect? scratch

I've been watching the Nicktoons version of Dragon Ball Z Kai. [My understanding is that there's different versions.]

It's making me want to go back to Dragon Ball and just watch everything from the start.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you haven't watched it yet, go do so.
If you have, go do so again.

Back to top Go down
vengeance7times
Sixth Nation
vengeance7times

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 3:38 am

Ooh, want a good parody?

None Piece

xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANIME? HELL YEAH
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat :: Television and Movies-