The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

ANIME? HELL YEAH

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Kidchimera00
Seventh Nation
Kidchimera00

Nation Reputation : 14

ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:12 am

I miss Bobobo-bo-bobobo.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 12:21 pm

Ninjas, watch Gundam 00. It's better than SEED.

SD was the only gundam I didn't like. I don't count it as gundam.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 2:48 pm

The endless waltz was a great movie if I do say so my self.

Has any one ever watched speed grapher?
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 4:19 pm

speed grapher was pretty cool. there were a couple awkward moments to sit through but a really solid concept for an anime.

jmw + ninja: man if you want to watch actual gundam, stick with the universal century storylines. all other timelines are imposters to the throne. if you can stand the art style, the original gundam is pretty cool, lots of 70's music there. but the real gems are the OAV's "stardust memories", "war in the pocket", and "08th ms team". nothing beats seeing zaku's in action.

i got my start from gundam wing, but once i saw the original series i never looked back. dont even get me started on the debacle that was "turn A gundam" Sad

Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

jmw + ninja: man if you want to watch actual gundam, stick with the universal century storylines. all other timelines are imposters to the throne. if you can stand the art style, the original gundam is pretty cool, lots of 70's music there. but the real gems are the OAV's "stardust memories", "war in the pocket", and "08th ms team". nothing beats seeing zaku's in action.

i got my start from gundam wing, but once i saw the original series i never looked back. dont even get me started on the debacle that was "turn A gundam" Sad

Have you WATCHED 00? It was amazing. Mobile suits have never looked that good before.

The only thing that holds the original series back for me is how much I DESPISE Amuro. He's worthless.

Those OVA's are all great. I liked them.

Wing was really good back in the day, but I rewatched it a couple years back and couldn't stand how many cost cutting methods they used in it. Almost all the fighting is the same.
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 11:44 pm

I have seen some of 00, but I could never find the time to get into it. There's a new Gundam AGE that's pretty cool, but appeals to younger audiences more. My favourite Gundam 'series' which is also a manga would have to be MSG: Unicorn. Shocked The main story takes place in U.C. 0096, so Dan, you might like this one! Wink
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 11:58 pm

Unicorn seemed good but isn't there only like 3 eps right now?
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 12:05 am

ep 4 is out now, ep 5 comes out May 2012 Wink I've read my friend's manga, so I somewhat know what happens... Razz
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am

Oh, 4 came out? Sweet, better watch that.
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 12:48 am

Came out on the 12th Razz I need to watch them all again... Sad Wait. Suspect

cheers
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 5:52 am

amuro is a baby most of the time, but hell hes like 15 at the start. Zeta and ZZ were alright, but you could tell they were running out of steam. I stumbled across some pretty bad ass cgi gundam episodes about a Zeon research unit during the war. cant remember what it was called though.

just finished up hoshizora e kakaru hashi yesterday evening and i enjoyed it. its actually one of the only 12 episode anime's ive ever seen that wraps up the storyline during its run. i was trying to figure out what sort of details they were going to leave out but it ended nicely.

i used to absolutely love gundam wing but i think i grew out of it. but thanks to toonami, lol, i got a taste of gundam and was hooked.

crap i gotta rewatch unicorn as well, its been a long time since i watched ep 3.
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:07 am

Toonami... Laughing First anime I ever watched was DBZ on CheeseTV. Then I found Toonami. Gundam Wing was the first anime I watched as a kid from Toonami and too was hooked! With that said, I watched Wing before any other MS series, so it was hard for me to settle in with older series, I think because I felt it was a downgrade. Maybe I should give it another chance Thinking
Also, as random as it sounds... I always had to watch Hamtaro when I arrived home from school. *chuckles* 'ham hams'
I need to get back into Anime Razz I just read through some peop's lists and I have no idea what half of them are...
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:58 am

I used to love Hamtaro. It was hilarious back when I was like 10.
Back to top Go down
Kidchimera00
Seventh Nation
Kidchimera00

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 2:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I used to love Hamtaro. It was hilarious back when I was like 10.

Anybody else got a nostalgia boner just now?

I loved so much of the Toonami programs that they don't show on TV anymore. IGPX deserves extra special mention.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:32 pm

then somehow i was turned on to cowboy bebop around that time too. if someone would have told me that jazz music, gunfighting, martial arts, and spaceships would be fused into one i would have called them a liar. then my world was changed
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 5:12 pm

just got done watching one where a guy transfers to a newly coed highschool. problem is that there are only a couple guys there, and the girl students are perverted because of the stereo types of what a guy is. anyways the main guy is forced to become the vice president and so begins this wacky anime.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 6:38 pm

I'm pretty sure I've seen that one. Where the three female leads a hyper-perverted school chairman, a rich and busty ditz, and a very short blonde genius?

Also, I need a new anime.
Back to top Go down
Kidchimera00
Seventh Nation
Kidchimera00

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 6:56 pm

Try Hayate Combat Butler. I've only seen the first episode, but I started rolling on the floor it was so funny.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:08 pm

omega you are correct. i laughed at alot of it. im trying out C3 right now, but having problems finding good streams.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 5:37 pm

I would check out Mirai Nikki (TL: Future Diary). Its about a recluse and his psychotic stalker
who work together to not die in a survival game run by god. Its still airing, but its been good so far.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 8:16 am

premise sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 11:26 pm

I did some more searching for stuff I used to watch.
These are the ones I can remember Razz

Initial D
Crush Gear Turbo
Zoids Chaotic and New Century
Guyver The Bio-Boosted Armour
Code Geass
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 3:11 pm

Finished D.Gray-man and then read the manga from where the anime left off and finished that yesterday.

Great anime and manga, great story, but I WANT IT TO BE OVER DAMMIT I WANNA KNOW HOW IT ENDS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Back to top Go down
Kidchimera00
Seventh Nation
Kidchimera00

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 4:08 pm

Did they stop showing anime on Syfy? What's up with that?
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 1:04 am

Not sure on that. i use animefreak.tv and gogoanime.com for free streams. anyone got any other sites?

hulu has quite a bit too but they have alot of dumb commercials.
netflix has a limited amount on it that never seems to be updated.

skyrim is killing my anime time now but as soon as i get into a good one that i can enthusiastically recommend i will post!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANIME? HELL YEAH   ANIME? HELL YEAH - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANIME? HELL YEAH

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat :: Television and Movies-
Jump to: