Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:04 am

So I'm having a little problem. At home, the screen that the game wants to show me is larger than the Tv screen, so I can't tell whats on the left hand side of the screen; i.e. if an item is added to my inventory, I have no idea what it is, and if I want to access my inventory, I can't even see all the categories. Anyone know how to fix this?

Also, my character got a dog.
Back to top Go down
Revv
Second Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 10:33 am

You should be able to go into the game settings and adjust the screen size and placement. If not you can do it from the playstation home menu. It should be somewhere in settings and I believe you can have it auto scaled which usually works or you can do it manually.

I just picked up this game and its pretty addicting. Have not really got into it though. only played for 5 hours Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 11:55 am

omega9 wrote:
So I'm having a little problem. At home, the screen that the game wants to show me is larger than the Tv screen, so I can't tell whats on the left hand side of the screen; i.e. if an item is added to my inventory, I have no idea what it is, and if I want to access my inventory, I can't even see all the categories. Anyone know how to fix this?

Also, my character got a dog.
If there's no in game screen size selector thingy, you can always try changing the resolution from the playstation settings itself. Probably in video settings.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 5:04 am

Well me has a sword that makes trolls run away in fear and them come back with sunnies for me to wear - Troll King Dingo

Me a beast with me armour/weapons Oh and the power of greyskull
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 7:49 am

i was going to wait for my strat guide to come in the mail, but curiosity got the better of me.

either i was abducted by aliens and have a case of missing time, or im hopelessly hooked. talked to ninja and hes missing 7 hours and counting.

regardless, my hero is names Pickles, and im a green lizard guy! im having fun swimming under water and catching salmon, lol!

protip: DO NOT shout next to royalty, guards will kill you.
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:34 am

Hitting 9 hours on this game and I've done next to nothing but wander. The past couple of hours has been dedicated to running around pissing off/trying to kill giants...
Yeah, I punch above my weight! WHAT OF IT!?

My guy is pretty dope, though! He's a brutal melee Nord with semi magicalness! Apparently I killed some guy during my second dragon fight. Thinking After I killed it, I couldn't loot its body because I commited a crime. Silly me should have said go away and I would have recieved some sexy dragon bones, but no, I'll pay mah bounty like a good person does!! The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 1931472354 Ran back down and dem bones disappeared!! >_> I aslo found out what my crime was! So to reverse everything, I used that resurretion spell to bring ol' mate that 'I' killed back to life. He just grunted... I know I killed him because he had an arrow sticking out of his back. <_<
Tanks for everything, mr. guy who lost me an arm and a leg... and dragon skeleton...

Tanks a bunch...

Weirdest part is that my first dragon battle's bones are still there, yet my freshly 30 second old dragon skeleton magically decides to up and vanish? O_o It is Skyrim, I suppose, weirder things have happened...
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 10:43 am

Ones that are named seem to hang around, as well as any you kill inside a town. And migrate.
I killed one in Whiterun near the tree. Next time I return it's still there. Then later I fast travel to the place and it drops on my head at the entrance. Then it moved to the waterway for a long while. Then it mostly hung around the market. Still there last I checked, but it seemed to have mostly fallen through the ground with only a wing bone showing.
On a related note, this game badly needs the old "Dispose of Corpse" button that Morrowind had. I'm sure it's that stupid skeleton that's causing some framerate drop in Whiterun.

Until your Smithing gets to 100, there's no real use for bones or scales that dragons drop except to sell or store in your house. And they weigh 15 and 10 pounds each respectively. I dragged 75 pounds of them until I bought a house. Definitely not worth it, as there are an infinite number of dragons. If you get any before then, sell them.

Got a question for anyone who's done the Missing in Action quest.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:22 am

It's the thalmor. I burn em to death for looking at me. Uppity high elves need some humility. All arrogant and blah to me cause i'm a dark elf. Fight the power! With flamey burny death. Good few shouts gotten still want the one that makes thunder storms. Oh and my nephew got married in the game. Sent me a text saying "only married 2 minutes and already she is nagging me"
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:49 am

Just found the first Storm Call word tonight.
Spoiler:
Cooldown on it takes forever. Did encounter a random Frost Dragon as I left the there. It chipped off about a fifth of its health bar, but not every bolt hit. Assuming it'll be more accurate once I get more words.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 5:25 am

Nice one thanks

Edit: looked up the frame rate and lag issues. It happens when the save file reaches 6mb there is a planned patch according to Pete Hines, to fix issues however when asked about the Ps3 issues with the frame rate from the save file he wasn't exactly forthcoming about a fix leading to the belief that any future support and fixes for the ps3 isn't looking good.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:53 am

Quote :
Users of the Playstation 3 gaming system quickly began reporting issues concerning severe drops in frame rate and several other bugs found throughout the game. The reason for this drop in frame rate is rumored to be due to an excessive save file on the Playstation 3's hard drive. As the save files reach 6mb, players begin to experience these issues, rendering the game unplayable. As of 11/18/2011, a week after the release of the game, Bethesda Softworks has yet to release an official statement pertaining to the issues.

On 11/19/2011, Pete Hines, Vice President of Public Relations for Bethesda Softworks, released a statement via his Twitter page indicating that an update is planned to fix known issues. When asked if this update would fix the drop in frame rate, Pete Hines had no statement other than the following:

"Will provide a list of fixes once patch has been certed and no other changes will be made."

This has led to a major uproar in the Playstation community, where it is felt that there is no intention to fix the issue.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:49 am

yeah i have noticed it was really bad when its raining out.

ive run into two dragons now, and am wondering if bows are the way to go? im not really into bow fighting, but know that if i try and walk up to it i will be in serious pain. any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:01 am

Majority of Bethesda group games I've played have had major framerate and lag issues, but they fixed them later down the track. To hear this somewhat saddens me. For such an amazing team and game, you would think that they would sort out one of the biggest problems. I guess there are just some things you can't fix...

On a lighter note, Poopaloopahugginton < best name for a high elf, if I do say so myself. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 3717709504 That rhymed...
What did everyone else name their characters? Razz

@Dmick I use a bow Wink Just make sure you enchant it or smith it for improvements... Always gotta have improvements!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:11 am

Named my guy ishtar he is a lizard man.

Took me an hour to get to the grey beards had to clime around the frost trolls...for now but I shall have my vengence!
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 11:56 am

If you have Fire scrolls you can get rid of them easier. Also, the Axe of Whiterun (I'm not sure about anyone else's) has a make enemies flee thing, making bypassing enemies a little more bearable. I like it because it lets you catch them on the run! Razz If you hate two handed weapons just disenchant it and make a new single hand or bow. Smile I started climbing it today, killed the first one... Then I fast travelled to the bottom by accident -.- I don't even know what I was thinking... Worst mistake ever...

I'm all about the random names Razz First character I made was a Khajiit named Mr.MowMeow facepalm2
I also have a Nord who goes by the name of Derpington Cool
Imagine an over the top coloured lizard man named 'Ooeeooahahwallawallabingbang'. People would be very suspicious of him >_>
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 1:05 pm

Okay, but his class must be Witchdoctor.

I only encountered one Frost Troll on my initial climb. Tried to take him on and promptly got beaten down. Came back up and let him eat a Fireball scroll I'd found. One shot'd him. Fireball is a big then at level 4 apparently. Laughing
Nowadays I just slap them with Incinerate.

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Just found the first Storm Call word tonight.
Spoiler:
Cooldown on it takes forever. Did encounter a random Frost Dragon as I left the there. It chipped off about a fifth of its health bar, but not every bolt hit. Assuming it'll be more accurate once I get more words.
When I said "West" there, what I meant was "East".
facepalm2
You'd think I'd have learned not to type when I'm tired.
Embarassed
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:46 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Okay, but his class must be Witchdoctor.

I only encountered one Frost Troll on my initial climb. Tried to take him on and promptly got beaten down. Came back up and let him eat a Fireball scroll I'd found. One shot'd him. Fireball is a big then at level 4 apparently. Laughing
Nowadays I just slap them with Incinerate.

Did I just hear an Alvin and the Chipmunks reference? You sir, are a legend Cool
I had to pump 2 fire scrolls into my troll Sad I also ran into a cave troll when I fell down the side backing away from the first one... Razz Best luck ever!

After visiting the greybeards I decided to do some side quests. Went to go kill some bandit leader, got attacked by a giant en route. Ran like a baboon, then found a dragon, just chillin'... So I start chipping away its health with my trusty bow and then it runs over to some mammoths! Sad BUT WAIT! No giants around!!! Mammoths took down the dragon with next to no sweat at all, so I went and found a rock to stand on and rained volleys of arrows/firebolts cheers 2 mammoth tusks and snouts later, I went and looted that dead dragon for some awkwardly placed orcish arrows Shocked How they got there, I'll never know... Best end to a day ever!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 4:28 am

Quote :
Did I just hear an Alvin and the Chipmunks reference? You sir, are a legend. Cool
I do what I can. Cool
Razz

Remember, Giants and Mammoths won't aggro unless you threaten them by staying close or attacking first. If you back off when they growl and posture, then they'll let you alone. Just make sure to walk wide.

Nice little adventure you had there. Very Happy= :D
Hadn't heard of that place. I love that I've got so much into the game already and I'm still finding and hearing about things I hadn't even imagined.

I'm not so thrilled about getting so much slowdown in my frame rate though. Sad Only happens when I've been playing for a while, so it's probably my PS3 begging for a break. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 6:02 am

yeah ive heard tales from passing bards that a 15-20min cooldown will get things back on track. ps3 instructions call for a 15 min break every 2 hours anyways.

hey i dont know if anyone knew this yet but if you find those little maps of skyrim on the tables of military people or jarls, you can click on the little flags and it will update your map with the location of the place!!! i dont know about you but i like knowing i can run my lizard butt to a town and hide when the aggro is too fierce!
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:01 am

One of my friends was telling me that daedric is the best armor for the heavy set but the dragon armor looks to have the best stats, what's up with that!
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:15 am

Daedric heavy looks so much better than dragon heavy. So much better.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:48 am

I know I saw the daedric armor and insta drooled
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:01 am

I love the Ebony Mail, personally. No, not the normal ebony armors, the Ebony Mail. Daedric artifact.
High defense heavy armor that adds to sneak, and creates a poison aura around you in combat which constantly damages enemies.
Best of all, it has its own (unique to my knowledge) visual effects. When you crouch it covers your character model in a roiling shadow, wisps of which drift up before you when your arms are raised. When enemies activate the poison aura, the wisps take on a greenish tinge, and it covers the enemy is the same shadow.
I've made my Dragon stuff, but I'm not enchanting it yet. Not until I can finish leveling my Enchantment skill. Once its properly improved and enchanted I'll switch because that poison aura, while cool, also triggers on neutral targets (but not Friendly) if combat initiates while they're close. Killed a lot of bunnies this way. Laughing
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 5:06 pm

Black star + Soul trapping dagger + sneak perk that gives 15x dagger sneak attack damage = enchanters best friend.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 20 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 5:10 pm

What's the black star?
Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Back to top