The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Empty
PostSubject: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 1:08 pm

I searched for a thread for this but was unable to find one except for a calendar announcement about the release [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], so sorry if there is one.

Anyway I have this game and was wondering if anyone else has it. It has received pretty good reviews averaging about 8.8/10 ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) although I personally don't think it's as good as Burnout Paradise City which is also made by Criterion Games also it is a very fun game all the same.

Here's some gameplay although the start of this particular race is a bit boring, skip further through it to when they are off of the free way: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am really enjoying it, especially the autolog feature. The autolog is an in game mechanic which reports if one of your friends has beaten any of your times and recommends the events where this has happened. It's a lot of fun battling for the fastest time on a race, although this has meant that I actually haven't progressed very far in the game, each time I go on I like to try and beat my friends times before trying new races, so I think that this game will have a lot of replayability, because of this battling to be the fastest.

I am enjoying having the ability to be either a cop or a racer escaping from the cops, although sometimes I find that some of the hit detection doesn't quite work when you're a cop and trying to ram the racers off of the track but it's fun all the same.

The online is also fun and good to play with friends and it quickly becomes very competitive and close which I love about it.

I was wondering does anyone else have the game? I love to have more friends times to try and beat!
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Eighth Nation
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 67

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:57 pm

I definitely want to pick this up. Definitely my choice over GTA 5 Smile When I get into it I'll try to hook up with ya.
Back to top Go down
TRVJAG1
Sixth Nation
TRVJAG1

Nation Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 5:32 pm

i just got this game. and i can say its pretty good. the graphics are great. the autolog system made no sense at all. but its good that they have it. cops and racers. epic. unlocking cars pretty much every race. and the races arent 2 or 3 minutes long nd look like they finish in less then 2 seconds. it actually shows realistic measures.. haha i like this game alot Smile.

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 7:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I definitely want to pick this up. Definitely my choice over GTA 5 Smile When I get into it I'll try to hook up with ya.

I do the same thing all the time. (say GTA instead of GT)
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 2:13 pm

getting this on boxing day for $39.99
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 4:22 pm

i just got this game. and i can say its pretty good. the graphics are great. the autolog system made no sense at all. but its good that they have it. cops and racers. epic. unlocking cars pretty much every race. and the races arent 2 or 3 minutes long nd look like they finish in less then 2 seconds. it actually shows realistic measures.. haha i like this game alot Smile.

The autolog system only really comes into affect when you have other people on your friends list who also have the game. What it does is when you start up Need For Speed and you go to the autolog option from the main menu it recommends for you to do some races. It recommends races when one of your friends beats your times on a particular race or event, when you're not ranked first and when you have unlocked a new event.

So if you are quite competitive like myself, it's a perfect way of keeping tabs on making sure I'm the fastest of my friends, rather than trawling through all the races and checking the times yourself it tells you instantly.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 10:23 pm

I really don't like racing games, but the option to be a cop or speeder really makes this game stand out. It also gives me the perfect amout of racing and crashing. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
TRVJAG1
Sixth Nation
TRVJAG1

Nation Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 2:54 am

The autolog system only really comes into affect when you have other people on your friends list who also have the game. What it does is when you start up Need For Speed and you go to the autolog option from the main menu it recommends for you to do some races. It recommends races when one of your friends beats your times on a particular race or event, when you're not ranked first and when you have unlocked a new event.

So if you are quite competitive like myself, it's a perfect way of keeping tabs on making sure I'm the fastest of my friends, rather than trawling through all the races and checking the times yourself it tells you instantly.

im very very competitive when it comes to the need for speed series. i have played this game every since the first hot pursuit so my nfs games go back quite a while. the autolog feature makes sense to me alot now. and now that ive gotten this on 360 aswell i can like.. compare em. ps3 better Smile. more nfs players Smile.

u nd me shuld play yes? add me?

EpicFail1
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 9:02 am

Great online just figured it out yesterday
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 10:26 am

the greatest $39.99 i spent in a awhile
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:07 pm

I got it for $60.00 Thinking
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:46 pm

mattmo0121 wrote:
I got it for $60.00 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
boxing day sale
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 5:50 pm

Oh, I was just saying that because it seems like an increasing amount of games are coming out $20.00 cheaper, like the new Super Street Fighter.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Eighth Nation
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 2:16 am

PLanning on buying this sometime in the near future here.
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:12 pm

online race
1st 4.25.22 me
2. 4.25.22
3. 4.25.22
4. 4.25.23

lol
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:19 pm

online race
1st 4.25.22 me
2. 4.25.22
3. 4.25.22
4. 4.25.23

lol

Wow, I have only had one race when my friend passed me on the line and beat me by one one hundredth of a second and we flipped out about that. That must have been an insanely close race. That's impressive.
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:09 pm

online race
1st 4.25.22 me
2. 4.25.22
3. 4.25.22
4. 4.25.23

lol

Wow, I have only had one race when my friend passed me on the line and beat me by one one hundredth of a second and we flipped out about that. That must have been an insanely close race. That's impressive.
i was beating everyone then i did something that made everyone crash at the line Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:49 am

How the hell?!

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 7:12 am

i get to much hate mail in this game lol
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Eighth Nation
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:22 am

lulz. What did you do to cause it?
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:44 am

lulz. What did you do to cause it?
lol to good most likely
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 7:27 pm

the new dlc kickass
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Fifth Nation
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 1:46 am

Anyone still play this once in a while? Wouldn't mind setting up a few games with people I (kinda) know Razz
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Eighth Nation
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 1:49 pm

I still need to beat the campaign hehe. But I bought it used so I have to purchase the online pass first. Not sure if I would get my value out of it since I'm more focussed with R3, the new batman and then UC3.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Fifth Nation
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 3:45 pm

In that case, don't bother - do you need the Online Pass to access Autolog? (Everytime I say that it makes me think of the Disembodied Woman saying it in HP Laughing)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit   Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Fighting, Racing and Sports-
Jump to: