The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Echo Bazaar!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

Echo Bazaar! Empty
PostSubject: Echo Bazaar!   Echo Bazaar! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is a fun game I've been playing recently. Set in the city of Fallen London. London itself has been pulled deep down underground and plopped next door to Hell. Why? No one knows, or rather those that might aren't saying. To give you an idea of what kind of setting to expect, here are a few of the random quotes they'll give you.

Spoiler:

Unlike other games of its type, the focus in Echo Bazaar is squarely on the stories it tells. And there are so many stories. I've only been playing a few days and I haven't seen a tenth of what the game has to offer in that regard, but I've already seen numerous stories. Currently my main goal is to find a missing contact of mine, a dance hall singer who's career was fading. She had a lead for me on a 'diamond as big as a cow' but suddenly went missing. So far in pursuit of her, I've bribed my way though the music hall door, carefully searched the records and got her last address, ninja'd around the Constables to get inside, tracked down an unusual scrap of painting I've found, and questioned it's crazy painter to find its a shot of one of the Masters of the city. Here the mystery has moved to some of the other areas of the city that I can't access yet. While I raise the funds and items needed to do so, I'm also enjoying many of the other small stories, most of which have numerous outcomes that you can choose to pursue.

Here's what's going to be the deciding factor for many. The game requires either a Facebook or Twitter account. As someone who has played several Facebook games, I can tell you that this is by far the least invasive I've ever seen. Firstly, it has it's own site, so it runs a lot more smoothly. Second, the only time it will ever make you post something is when you first sign up, and if you want you can easily delete the notice from your page. That's it. The whole extent of your FB or Twitter requirement. Of course, you can do other things with it if you so choose, such as play through some events with others of your friends who play or once a day you can post/tweet a random fact like those listed above to refresh your available actions. Or you can ignore all that entirely and just play whenever you happen to feel like it. Up to you. One of the things I like most about the game is that it never forces itself one you with tons of pop-ups saying "Post this now!" or "Share this with your firends!" every time you take an action.

Getting started is easy, so I recommend just clicking the link at the top and giving it a go to see if you like it. If you don't, then simply remove it.
Try it out, but I will warn you that you may like it so much you end up counting the minutes until your next turn. Smile

If you have any questions about the game, feel free to ask me here and I'll answer if I can. I'm a noob too. Embarassed

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

Echo Bazaar! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echo Bazaar!   Echo Bazaar! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:37 am

You have me convinced that this might actually be an entertaining Facebook game which doesn't just go round and round in circles. I shall keep you posted as to my progress as I go.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Echo Bazaar! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echo Bazaar!   Echo Bazaar! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:12 am

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Smile
I'm actually waiting to spend today's last action. Won't be able to play again until tomorrow afternoon.

I find it greatly amusing that I was using Black Ops, a wildly popular multi-million dollar game as a way to kill time so I could play more of this. Laughing

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Echo Bazaar! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echo Bazaar!   Echo Bazaar! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 7:08 pm

Double Post.

Here's a helpful page from a wiki
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Lets you know which items are safe to sell for money, among other things.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Echo Bazaar! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echo Bazaar!   Echo Bazaar! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Echo Bazaar!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Mobile and Social Games-
Jump to: