The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

Nation Reputation : 2

Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Empty
PostSubject: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:58 pm

Since I recently discovered more people than myself watch or read Bleach by Tite Kubo, I thought it deserved a thread so that we could chat about bleachy topics.

Like how did a ginger learn to fight so good??
Or why does Urahara wear that silly hat?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:44 pm

First of all, the topic title should be "ESRaistlin, Making Gingers Awesome Since R2".

Second, if we ever need to know about the hat, we'll find that it's a Magic Hat of Doom (TM) or something.

No, the question is Why is Ichigo's hair that color? His mom's a blond, his dad's dark haired.
Both his younger sisters have those respective hair colors. Why's his orange? Perhaps this was addressed in the manga. I only watch the show, so I wouldn't know if it was.

I'm glad they're done with that out of place Amagai story arc. The state of all the characters means it could only be set after the completion of the Hueco Mundo arc that it interrupted. Ichigo had his Hollow mask, but Orihime wasn't kidnapped, so it couldn't take place anywhere else in the timeline. Kinda kills any tension over if anyone might die, doesn't it? I mean, yes it's fairly unlikely that they would. But we can also see that apparently nothing terribly bad happened to the Soul Society or Karakrua town, despite that being the major threat Aisen posed. We can safely assume that either he's defeated at the end of this arc, or that wasn't really his plan anyway (he is a manipulator).
Anyway, it was a very annoying interruption and I'm glad to see they're back on track now with a string of events that actually makes sense (for the moment).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 6:03 pm

Ha well I read the manga, so I know how it ends.

To be honest its worthwhile giving the manga a go. After reading it I'm not really hard on the TV show now. Though I still watch it.
As for his hair. From memory I think he said he dyed it in one episode. Either that or he said people were wondering why he didn't dye it.

The filler arcs are silly. To be honest the only ones I enjoyed were the bounto arc and the one where the swords go all mutiny on them. They aren't written by Tite Kubo and so they're not brilliant.

The new arc is brilliant and you anime watchers should be seeing it soon. Unless they throw another filler in.

I've also been pondering as to whether Kubo used Raist to form the basis of Ichigo's character.
Ichigo has orange hair, Raist has orange hair.
Ichigo likes swinging his sword. Raist also likes swinging his sword...wait? Shocked
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 11:40 pm

Nah. Raist is more about conjuring mountains into existence.
This doesn't usually decimate his enemies as that's what guns are for. This is just for awesome's sake.

Pretty sure they asked why he didn't dye his hair, so it's still unexplained. That's the most that's been mentioned aside from that he was teased about the color.

Well, since I haven't seen a 'swords go all mutiny' arc, it's a safe bet that filler will be in place after this arc.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 4:56 am

HAHA oh man thats awesome!! we need some mountains in the aussie outback... the aussie government should get in touch with him. Whats soul societies phone number??

Also yer I think you have seen the arc. I was on before this one. the zampaktos don't listen to the shinigamis and they separate themselves??

Btw thats no spoiler
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 6:06 am

Nope.
I've seen the origin arc, the rescue Rukiya arc, the bount arc, the first half of the Hueco Mundo arc, the Amagai arc, and now we're starting on the rest of the Hueco Mundo arc. Nothing about rogue zampakto. Is that from the manga? Perhaps it's something set earlier than this that wasn't transferred to the anime?

Back to top Go down
Toxxy
Ninth Nation
Toxxy

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 6:36 am

Cool
Bleach did you say?
*looks smug*
tongue
Ichigos mother's hair was not blonde.. it was slightly orangy, in one episode of the third arc it is said that the high concentration of reiatsu is the reason for the orange hair.. ( also why Rangiku got attacked as a child by Aizen's paid shinigamis)
^.^
Fact I like this new Ichigo!
Get Aizen NOW!!!!
enough of these diversions that go on for 5 episodes...
What a Face
If you want a good site to watch the series in original version try this one Cool
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wink
308 episodes.. watched in japonais...
OAV's available on the site too!
My favorite is Fade to Black...
cheers
can't wait for tuesdayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 6:45 am

Well, it appears I've been pwned in terms of Bleach knowledge. Embarassed
All hail, Toxxy.
cheers
I'll just let you and wolfcub duke it out while I hide in the corner and watch my behind-the-times American broadcast of the show.
Speaking of which, the latest episode will be on tonight. Then it's on to FMA:Brotherhood. Smile

Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 6:50 am

Oh dude you must not be watching them online?? We're way past that arc.

Should hit up bleachget.com. It has all the episodes as far as I know.

And yes toxy thank you for clarifying. I knew the hair was in there somewhere!!

Havent seen fade to black yet. Must do that sometime.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 6:57 am

Nah. Maybe I'm weird, but as long as the option's available to watch it on TV I prefer to.
Firstly, because I know for fact I will attempt to sit down and watch the entire series in one go, and likely get burnt out on it.
Second, watching episodes one or two (which they do sometimes) a week at a time creates more tension and gives me something to look forward to for the next week. Now, I could watch them an episode a week online, but...well...see the preceding paragraph. Laughing

Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 5:55 pm

Thats some good points, we'll make sure not to spoil anything for you then.

The Amagai arc wasn't too bad. It had some nice concepts but yes your right, theres no real tension in there.
So what ep are you up to then cobalt? We're almost at the final Aizen battle here in the net.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 6:07 pm

Not sure of the number, but the last full episode was what equated to the season finale in the middle (I assume) of the Hueco Mundo arc. Ichigo had just put down Grimjow. In the continuation last week we saw that he wasn't quite dead and (in a surprisingly logical move) the fighting had drawn the attention of other espada who have immediately set upon our heroes. Meanwhile, Renji and Uryu are back with the guy they just escaped from, I can only assume through someone's (probably Gin) manipulation of the moving hallways. Still nothing on Rukia or Chad, though again, we know they're fine because of that darn out of place Amagai arc.

Next episode is in 5 hours for me. bounce

Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 6:22 pm

I wouldn't go to much on the fillers in terms of storyline and context bud... They're completely random and have no real affect on the plot or storyline of the series.

For example, someone might die in an episode, but when theres a filler they're fighting fit.

I love the fight between grimjow and Ichigo. Ullquirra's fight is brilliant as well. I can honestly say Ullquirra is my favourite character.

You watching them subbed or dubbed??
And let us know what happens in the next episode, just to give us an indicator of whether we're spoiling anything.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 6:23 pm

English translation on Adult Swim.

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
And let us know what happens in the next episode, just to give us an indicator of whether we're spoiling anything.
Not too darn much happened. 15 minutes of recap, followed by the "revelation" that Nel was an ex-espada (Rolling Eyes), and ending with there being multiple copies of Renji, Uryu, and the moron squad, um those two yellow and purple hollows, no, the moron squad. They're entirely too Jar Jar for my tastes.

Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:04 pm

Yea i dont go much on those guys. Ok I know where your up to. Which is actually pretty far back.
In a way I envy you. You get to watch all the fantastic episodes for the first time. Man I remember how great it felt...
The huco mundo arc is an excellent arc.
The one thing I hate is all the re-cap. Sometimes an episode may have 15 mins.. other times it might have 5 mins...

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:56 am

Almost as bad is when it does a 'flashback' to 15 seconds ago. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:17 am

Yea.. it's not the most perfect show, but I love it.

Which is why I do suggest reading the manga if you ever get sick of the show, or just want to expand on your bleachiness. Its very well done and you get more out of it.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 8:52 am

Sajin Komamura is the man...ummm wolf ^_^
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:37 am

Well, I can guess why you like him. lol
He hasn't gotten enough screen time for me to form too much of an opinion about him. He looks pretty awesome, but we don't have an explanation for his existence. What is he exactly? (If this is explained later, no one tell me. I'd rather find out normally.) We haven't seen any other anthropomorphic animals about, so he doesn't exactly fit in.

This does remind me (because of the fight we do see him involved in) of Zaraki. He's hilarious, but only when he's not trying to be.
My favorite part of that fight is here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The look on his opponent's face practically says, "But--but I didn't get to finish my brooding exposition!" Laughing

Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:24 pm

I love Komamura!! probably for the same reason. and I can't remember if they explained him... man I have to watch some old episodes again, just to refresh...

Zaraki was my mates favourite character. His attitude towards fighting is just so barbaric its cool.
Actually my fav was also Ikkaku for a bit. Bald little hardass...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 1:47 pm

You know, the fanservice in this show is getting overmuch.
I'm reminded of a Chris Rock bit where he talks about Rap music.
"I don't know what to do about rap nowadays. I still love it. Still going to listen to it. I'm just finding it harder and harder to defend." Laughing

I wish they'd speed up the pace a bit. I've been watching the same two fights for a month now. One episode a week was fine when the series was actually moving, but now I kind of wish they'd go to two again.

While I'm ranting, I'll also say that it'd be nice if we spent less time with the comic relief characters. They're usually not that funny anyhow.

Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 2:17 pm

I totally agree though, it's gotten to the point where if I see an episode that wasn't in the manga and looks like a filler I just turn it off. They provide a little bit of enjoyment but come on man. What happened to the good old days when you were on the edge of your seat and everything was brilliant. Especially Rukia's bunny drawings.
What bit are you up to?? We online ppl just finished the whole Aizen arc thing and we're into another filler Mad
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 3:55 pm

Nel just transformed (which is what prompted the fanservice comment) and is fighting Noritora (sp?), while Renji and Uryu fight the guy with the glasses who's name I won't being to try to spell from memory. Meanwhile we haven't seen hide nor hair of Chad or Rukia, (both of which had fights that lasted no more than two episodes, might I add) since before the season ended.

Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 11:41 pm

Did rukia fight a dude with a tank and two head in the tank? Sorry if thats a spoiler...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.   Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bleach: Making Ginger Awesome since 2001.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat :: Television and Movies-
Jump to: