The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Ok guys.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Would you like to see a change in the look of the SixthNation?
Yes
Ok guys..... I_vote_lcap47%Ok guys..... I_vote_rcap
 47% [ 9 ]
No
Ok guys..... I_vote_lcap53%Ok guys..... I_vote_rcap
 53% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 8:30 pm

This isnt something I have brought up to the community as a whole. As you regs know....your opinions do matter a lot to us here as we continue to try to build community, and for us in red.....nice walls and rooms to do that. I always use the ever dorky...by community...for community.

This topic has been brought up in admin and mod chat.
It then moved to Loyalist boards
And now I come here. Because yes......personally speaking, I want to continue to do anything I can actually do to make this place a nice comfy home for any all to use as they see fit. And I want to hear as many voices as I can while doing that.

So...cosmetic changes.
The look here is not at all bad, and for the most part is uniform.....but dated.
We've been rocking these clothes for 2 years now.
For a while, I debated a full on forum swap but there's just nothing to be gained in it.
I know this place doesnt have every cool bell and whistle even I would like, but it functions well, loads easily, and everyone has been here forever.
We can however, change skins, buttons, etc with out any huge impact.

So I am going to create a poll here because instead of guessing what you the users may like and want, it would be much easier to get it straight from the horses mouth.
Keep in mind this cosmetic only. Nothing about functionality here. Does the place hurt or please the eyes? Are the nav buttons easy to find, or are they too bulky? Im looking for feedback on key display things that do add to the user experience.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 2:21 am

i find the nation easy to navigate and it look ok as well
but i am always up for a change .
you don't know if you like something unless you give it a go so why not try some new things.
2 cents
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 11:15 pm

I voted no cuz I like the way things look and feel around here. I like it better than when I first joined, but everything flows and is really easy to navigate around.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 2:56 am

Well, that's the thing, guys. You have been here for a long time, so of course you find it easy to navigate. However, noobs (being the noobs that they are) have said in the past that they sometimes have trouble finding stuff. And first impressions are important. If people don't have a reason to stay in a place, they won't. Sure, our clan members made this place a home, but how many have we lost because they didn't want to take the time to get acquainted with the layout? Plus, for some of our users, this forum skin stretches badly for some reason.

All that said, there's not going to be a massive change to the layout and such. It's mostly just the skin that'll look different. Cosmetic changes, like Sixer said. It's just time to change clothes, assuming we find something suitable.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 4:36 am

o i get it did my post sound like was against change. was not meant to
Back to top Go down
CptCrazypants
Fifth Nation
CptCrazypants

Nation Reputation : 5

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 3:02 pm

For me I think the "view posts since your last visit" could use its own link up at the top, or at least be made known easier. When I first came here I would spend alot of time just navigating through the menus finding all the new posts and when I found that link... my mind was blown.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:40 pm

bricks.... were shat
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 6:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
For me I think the "view posts since your last visit" could use its own link up at the top, or at least be made known easier. When I first came here I would spend alot of time just navigating through the menus finding all the new posts and when I found that link... my mind was blown.

Thats actually something that I can edit into the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Crimson Origin
First Nation
First Nation
Crimson Origin

Nation Reputation : 3

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:31 pm

Personally I love the current layout of the forum. Its easy to read, easy to navigate, and more importantly, feels gamey! If anything, the forums tells me that the creators not only worked hard for the community, but obviously intend to stay around for a long time.
Back to top Go down
CptCrazypants
Fifth Nation
CptCrazypants

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:40 pm

Yknow, if I HAD to change something (which im not saying we do) I would just keep the menu layout and stuff the same, but just spruce up the look. Maybe change the look of the top links or swap out the large Sixth nation header for something more detailed? Im not saying I dislike anything, im just bouncing ideas around.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 10:24 pm

I would say keep the current button size and shape. I wasn't too fond of the rounded ones we used to have lol.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 19

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:45 pm

I like it the way it is, but changes couldn't hurt. Would there be a way to show us physically what we will be looking at before making the official change?
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 1:08 am

My one request is keep it dark. When I get up in the morning 1st thing I do is knock my computer out of sleep mode and check a few forums, and the bright ones are hard on the eyes 1st thing, so I stay on the darker ones until my eyes have adjusted, and since the other forum that was dark is now super white, this is the only place I've got left.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 3:56 am

^same^

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 5:55 am

Well here is a link to a preview of the skin on our forum here. Before I post it....

Keep in mind that the software automatically tries to convert all nav bar links etc.
So right now the preview is really just a base line.
So there will be banners that need to be made. Maybe a whole new set of buttons etc.

There was time period where we ran through lots of different themes, and even had a small vote put to the Loyalist to help narrow down a good one. And there were lots of good ones.
But then we came across the one about to be posted, and it has a lot of support from Admins and Mods. I myself like it, and once we make our changes, I think it will be a good look for us.
Hell, even this one started as the Black Gold theme, and look what we have done with it.

Since I m mentioning that, I should add in how this whole change will be done while the forum is still open and active. So what ever theme we do decide to go with and then tweak to our liking, things will be a little odd around here until we get it all smoothed out.

This is our front runner atm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
CptCrazypants
Fifth Nation
CptCrazypants

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 1:10 pm

I like it... its nice and clean
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 5:30 pm

Gotta say that's pretty sleek. My only complaint is that the font and the top buttons look pretty tiny.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 6:10 pm

Those are things we intend to iron out. There's also a minor problem with the +/- buttons appearing just above the text instead of over out of the way. Should be fixable though.

Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 6:35 pm

Cool. Making them a bit bigger shouldn't be much of a problem.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 2:21 am

i like it too looks good .

is that a darleck in the banner from the Dr who show thats old school from when i was a kid

sweet
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 7:17 am

Dr. Who is still on TV Wadey.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 7:18 am

yea but i have not seen it since i left England in 1989
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 7:19 am

Oh I see lol. I'm sure there's some Aussie BBC channel. I know I have BBC America at my house, so I'm sure you could probably get BBC Australia or something if you really wanted to.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:40 am

The new series starts this month, I think.
Back to top Go down
The Dead 1
Third Nation

Nation Reputation : 4

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:35 am

I'm not an extremely active member but I do check the sixth almost daily. I think that it's a well run and fully functioning forum. I will not cast a vote in the poll because it really matters not to me. I accept the look now, but would not run somewhere else if things got shook up a bit. I for one think that Six (an the other admins n mods) have earned my as well as the community's respect and should do as they feel lead. That being said...one of the reasons I have that kind of respect for them is because before they make a change that would effect us all (even if its a change they would like to c themselves), they come to us. I applaud them for such considerations.

I would suggest that if a change is made to the current front runner...as it's been mentioned before Font and Button size should be addressed as well as a couple of other things I noticed. The Time/Date stamp in the header seems to blend into the background image (possible just a font color change) and the same solution could possibly make an improvement to the Footer/Nav Bar (it seems to be hard to see as well).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ok guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ok guys.....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: News in the Nation :: Things You Should Know :: The Suggestion Box-
Jump to: