The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Ok guys.....

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Would you like to see a change in the look of the SixthNation?
Yes
Ok guys..... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap47%Ok guys..... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 47% [ 9 ]
No
Ok guys..... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap53%Ok guys..... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 53% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

Ok guys..... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 1:28 pm

Those are some pretty good ideas Dead1.
Back to top Go down
whatbearisbest
Seventh Nation
whatbearisbest

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Plus, for some of our users, this forum skin stretches badly for some reason.

I'm one of those users every since i got a new laptop. I hate to admit it but I rarely read new posts that I havent posted in since its such a pain in the ass to scroll back and forth over and over again. If I had a mouse, it wouldn't be as big of an issue. But if that could get fixed, that'd be awesome!
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:37 pm

I never really had a problem with the scrolling, but maybe that's cuz I have a mouse for my laptop.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 3:45 am

I almost never get the sideways scrolling problem. And by almost never, I mean I have seen it twice in two years. Weird. scratch
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:54 am

Ive only seen it while using IE. A browser that imo, has fallen pretty far into the useless pile anymore.

Ive never been able to figure out how what was once the leader of browsers, turned into the most useless browser incapable of the most basic things.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:09 am

I'm using Chrome a lot now.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:37 am

so when can we expect the changes ?
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 8:42 am

over the weekend
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 8:43 am

sweet thanks b
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:00 pm

yeah

And its going to be a little ugly till everything is worked out so everyone please be patient.
You may notice odd buttons. The theme change a few times as even now I cant say there is one OMG THIS is the one.... yet, and a lot of the options stand out as possibles.
So its been a tough decision.

The other goal in this is to get boards neatened up and moved about to make browsing a little easier.
So any feedback there will help some too.

As you can see most all the clan recruitment threads have been dumped into The Lounge.
A couple of those clans in there will probably be set up with forums of their own like the others and the rest will sit underneath as you see all the threads now.
Should their activity increase here after that, then they will be given forums too.

We (admins) are kind of discussing now what should go. What should stay. Where what should go where etc.
So like i said....feedback is good.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 7:12 pm

Is there anyway to have all of the boards visible on the main page? I've always hated the fact I have to go digging for a thread. A PS3-related thread is two levels down and it gets really tiring after a while having to go [Consoles] > [Sony] to see anything. There are a couple of other boards like that. I realize it's probably for condensing and organizing purposes, but it still bugs me a lot.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 7:21 pm

You mean ditch the sub forums and extend the index?

or just dump everything in one Category?
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 7:51 pm

You have to make a Category before you can make the boards if I remember correctly, right?

So maybe on the main page you have the Category [Gaming Headquarters] so instead of having [Consoles and PC Chat] viewable on the first page you instead have [Sony], [XBox Discussion], etc viewable underneath [Gaming Headquarters]. The thing with doing that is then you have threads that have no where to go because people have made them in the [Console and PC] chat because it was multiplatform or a gaming event and could easily fit in multiple boards. I'm not sure what you'd do with those threads though, either moving them to existing boards or making entirely new boards for them.

As a simpler example, moving the [Music], [Television and Movies] and [Books, magazines, and comics] boards up so they're under [Random Chat] in the [Entertainment] Category would be nice. I hardly ever look at those boards because I just find it a pain to bother looking at them.

Maybe this would help: I don't mind scrolling as much as clicking. Fewer clicks is better, IMO.

If you were to go down a road like that, maybe having a board for archived threads would be fine, such as for past contests/events or threads that people don't pay attention to anymore or OPs that don't want to supervise their threads anymore. Maybe have one thread stickied in the [Things You Should Know] where people can request their threads moving in or out of the archived sections.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 7:59 pm

Thats how it used to be. At the time people said it made the Index look too cluttered.
Thats why they were sub forumed in the first place.

If it seems the masses prefer that old way, we can go back.
Back to top Go down
SabbathRider
First Nation
First Nation
SabbathRider

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 8:29 pm

Hey, just thought I would check in with an honest view on the first impressions the forums give to me. First of all, when I come to the home page, it takes me a while to figure out how to even get to the forums let alone other parts of the site.

There is just too much going on for me. There is text and icons everywhere, including on the forum section which can be rather off putting at times. Personally, I have tried to get into the forums a few times but struggled to find everything!

Obviously you need to please the regulars and if more people love the way things look then they should stay the way they are, I just thought I would chip in with how I personally find things.

Don't know much about the forums and what you can do with them but can you provide different themes for people to choose from? Or does it need to be one theme for everyone?
Back to top Go down
SabbathRider
First Nation
First Nation
SabbathRider

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 8:34 pm

Also one other thins which is slightly off putting, it may just be me though, is when I go to each section there is so many different topics on the one page I don't know where to start! This may change if I spent a little more time around the forums, which I will try to but just thought I would point it out.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 9:18 pm

There is a way to provide personal themes, but OM code does it look nasty.
I sat and read the tuts a billion times and its one of those things I'd rather leave be than try and mess up.
Unfortunately, no, there is no default user pick theme option.
If I knew of anyone who was rather knowledgeable in coding templets, the possibilities are much bigger all around in general.

So to be a bit more specific Sab, scrolling announcements you feel are an eye sore too?

And HI!!!!!
Hows life been treating ya?

Oh, and less threads per page is an easy fix
Back to top Go down
SabbathRider
First Nation
First Nation
SabbathRider

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 7:07 am

Six wrote:
There is a way to provide personal themes, but OM code does it look nasty.
I sat and read the tuts a billion times and its one of those things I'd rather leave be than try and mess up.
Unfortunately, no, there is no default user pick theme option.
If I knew of anyone who was rather knowledgeable in coding templets, the possibilities are much bigger all around in general.

So to be a bit more specific Sab, scrolling announcements you feel are an eye sore too?

And HI!!!!!
Hows life been treating ya?

Oh, and less threads per page is an easy fix

I was meaning the home page that you first get to if your not logged in! There is no specific button which says forums, so it took me a while to find the actual boards!

As far as the forums themselves its probably more just personal taste to be honest, I am not sure exactly it is but its something to do with the design which takes me longer to find things!

I'm good thanks! Heard about a relaunch of a certain forum for an Insomniac Game which may be relaunching sometime soon, so thought I might get back into the old communities just in case... you know .... it actually turns out to be good!

How are things around here anyway? Community still going well?! What do you think of the apparent relaunch of MyRes? Is it too much to hope for something which brings everyone back to the wasteland that the 2nd version became!
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 9:19 am

I think anywhere Sony is involved, the potential for disappointment is huge.

As everyone has sat anticipating the launch and the date it was supposed to came and went, we are are already hearing....its out of our hands and in Sonys.

Thats going to be the answer for everything.

I hear it will be an smf format which is good, and that alone may get some of the main crew back. But Sony doesnt care about forums, as the forums are not what brings them the money. And any issues and problems the forum has....will be left un dealt with, just as they were at 2.0
So while I am optimistic that MyRes can resurrect itself, (only because I have always loved that community) I highly doubt things will ever be like they were.
The community has changed as the games have.
And even R3 is looking to be a game most of the "old timers" will hate just as much as they did R2. And if they are not playing the game, I dont see them going to talk about it.

Only time will tell.

Back to top Go down
SabbathRider
First Nation
First Nation
SabbathRider

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 9:34 am

Six wrote:
I think anywhere Sony is involved, the potential for disappointment is huge.

As everyone has sat anticipating the launch and the date it was supposed to came and went, we are are already hearing....its out of our hands and in Sonys.

Thats going to be the answer for everything.

I hear it will be an smf format which is good, and that alone may get some of the main crew back. But Sony doesnt care about forums, as the forums are not what brings them the money. And any issues and problems the forum has....will be left un dealt with, just as they were at 2.0
So while I am optimistic that MyRes can resurrect itself, (only because I have always loved that community) I highly doubt things will ever be like they were.
The community has changed as the games have.
And even R3 is looking to be a game most of the "old timers" will hate just as much as they did R2. And if they are not playing the game, I dont see them going to talk about it.

Only time will tell.

Damn. Was hoping Sony were going to keep their noes out of things this time... I don't have a PS3 anymore but would still go back to the MyRes forums if they were in a decent state!
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 11:29 am

with the new layout the go to buttons dont seem to be working for me.

also whats whith the black and orange stripes. it makes me think of construction, is that intentional?
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 11:33 am

IM working with a lot of the buttons now.

Things are goign to be on and off while Im working so bear with me.

Construction huh?
I could make some dorky joke about building community but wont.
Its one of a few themes that fit with a lot of our images.
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 11:36 am

Wow

No offense, but this is kind of an eyesore.

*Does not like bright yellow or orange in any situation*
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 11:43 am

We'll just keep the old way then.

Sheesh guys.

There was more behind it all than a change in looks.
I already had heard page stretch was gone etc.

If you really like this better we'll keep it.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 11:47 am

Idk. Do whatever. If most people want something different then do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys.....   Ok guys..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ok guys.....
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: News in the Nation :: Things You Should Know :: The Suggestion Box-
Jump to: